**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Dinwiddie would give the Lakers what they need as the third scoring option, but he seems uh, different.

Just got the Can't Beat LA cartoon shirt in. Love it!!

20201109_195644.jpg

I would've liked a higher tax line, but the the luxury tax being reduced by the percentage of BRI decrease evens things out.

Apparently Kuzma wants a sizeable contract extension. I don’t want him to go but this will soften the blow if he is traded.

probably some team out there that gonna throw 15 m on Kuz :lol:
he has the "star" attribute
he was one of the 10 most engaged/interacted with athletes on twitter :rofl:

I would've liked a higher tax line, but the the luxury tax being reduced by the percentage of BRI decrease evens things out.
This is why:
Most front offices were hoping for a $139 million luxury tax line, which was the projected amount before the pandemic hit. That would have allowed some teams to use their full midlevel exception while staying below the hard cap.

For example, with the current $138.9 million hard cap on a $132.7 million tax line, the Los Angeles Lakers might have to decide between retaining Rajon Rondo and spending their $9.3 million midlevel exception on a free agent. It is unlikely they can do both without making a trade to clear some space.

Back
Top Bottom