**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Because Lou Williams and Loul Deng are providing us a winning culture?

Jesus Christ man
Didn't say that. You don't get it.

If Lakers are gonna make trades (and trade their best scorer at that), you do it to IMPROVE YOUR TEAM with ASSETS, not garbage.

Basically, step 1 towards the start of a winning culture

Last edited:
All short term garbage.

amazing really how incompetent this FO is with these B.S. signings. We just signed Moz and Deng, just about 6-7 months ago. And we signed them to 4 year deals. And now halfway through year one, most fans want them traded.

If that's not a glaring indictment on the FO's incompetence, I don't know what is.

Yeah like trading Russell and Randle for Carmelo.

Or Calderon and Metta for Khris Middleton.

I forgot.

I forgot.
And what if the Lakers end up acquiring Melo, or even Butler....you gonna tell us all how ridiculous your proposed trades are? The ones bringing back Hibbert, Jordan Hill, and a couple former Lakers LMAO...remember those?!

All short term garbage.

amazing really how incompetent this FO is with these B.S. signings. We just signed Moz and Deng, just about 6-7 months ago. And we signed them to 4 year deals. And now halfway through year one, most fans want them traded.

If that's not a glaring indictment on FO's incompetence, I don't know what is.

Not incompetence. More so they played the market, got guys who they thought could help and were available to them, and they were wrong.

I'll take these 2 signings over a good amount of other signings made in the offseason. Amidst the dozen or so good signings every offseason is a mountain of really bad signings.

I'm not even mad at the 4 years either. It's a few million a year more than what I'd want though

And moving them also also realizing that something changed that was unforeseen and they don't fit.

Now if they were to package Nance & Clarkson with picks into a bigger name whether prospect or established name.... I have no issue with Deng being here for 4 years at the 4, and occasionally sliding down to the 3.

Last edited:

I forgot.

And what if the Lakers end up acquiring Melo, or even Butler....you gonna tell us all how ridiculous your proposed trades are? The ones bringing back Hibbert, Jordan Hill, and a couple former Lakers LMAO...remember those?!

You think I'm trying to build with them?!?!

:lol: Come on man.

It's called asset management. And having money available is an asset.

Taking Hill or Hibbert or whoever is so you can clear money off the books and keep it until you have no choice but to use it or the right guy falls into your lap in FA

I forgot.
You think I'm trying to build with them?!?!

laugh.gif
Come on man.

It's called asset management. And having money available is an asset.

Taking Hill or Hibbert or whoever is so you can clear money off the books and keep it until you have no choice but to use it or the right guy falls into your lap in FA
YOU'RE trying to build? Who are you now, Mitch Kupchak?! LMFAO

If you wanna talk about asset management and building portfolios, you're talking to the right person. I can show you how to be worth over a million dollars before turning 30 through commercial and residential real estate. Feel free to send a PM.

Taking Hill and Hibbert to free up cap space when you have not yet established a winning culture is the wrong recipe. They've tried the last two years and failed miserably.

First you BUILD the culture, THEN you organize your chess pieces. Once these two factors are in synchronicity, that's the only time the Lakers will ever be able to attract valuable free agents. And how exactly do you start building? Like Magic just said, Lakers need to immediately bring in an Alpha, a proven All-Star, and someone these young kids can follow so they can take step number one and make the playoffs.

Last edited:
I mean Carmelo will lead us to.......... like he's led the Knicks to.........

But seriously Mitch..... Tell me again about Calderon for Khris Middleton

I mean Carmelo will lead us to.......... like he's led the Knicks to.........

But seriously Mitch..... Tell me again about Calderon for Khris Middleton
And what if the Lakers acquire a tier 1 or tier 2 star in three weeks, will you be ready for the whiplash effect?

Last edited:
The biggest misconception is to believe guys like Cousins or Carmelo aren't winners and that they couldn't be part of a successful winning team.

Tell me exactly who Carmelo has played with in NY....I'm waiting.

Has he had the luxury of playing next to Wade and Bosh like Lebron has? Or even a Kyrie and Love? Or how about a Curry, Klay, and Draymond?

You can make the same argument for Anthony Davis, Lillard the last two years, Aldridge in POR, Love in MIN, Harden, etc...what have those players done in the playoffs? LOL. Don't tell me you wouldn't love to have Lillard, Davis, Harden, or Aldridge on the Lakers. And these players have done just about the same amount of postseason damage as Carmelo. Think about that for a hot second.

You put Carmelo on the Cavs or Boogie on the Cavs, Warriors, and the perception on Carmelo and Boogie immediately changes.

Not once in Melo's career has he ever had a team around him that allowed him to be successful. Dude has also had like 4 coaches in the last five years. He's been around nothing but instability and you can't fault him for that. The only time he was really ever placed in a winning situation was with George Karl in Denver, and he led them to the WCF with no other legitimate All-Star on the squad. 

Wake up people.

Last edited:
Melo had AI for a couple seasons :lol:
Also Billups too
He couldn't beat the mighty Lakers doe :tongue:

Last edited:
Melo had AI for a couple seasons
laugh.gif

Also Billups too
He couldn't beat the mighty Lakers doe
tongue.gif
And CP3 has Blake and DeAndre.

KG had Sprewell and Cassell.

Couldn't get past better teams either until CP3 played in NO and KG played in BOS surrounded by better overall team.

AI was an All Star in Denver so was Amare in New York.
And Barkley had Pippen and Olajuwon in HOU.

Pippen had 'Sheed, Sabonis, Stoudamire, Smith, and Schrempf in POR

Nash had Stoudemire and Marion.

Did any of these players win a chip on those respective teams and they had more talent around them than Carmelo has ever had.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom