**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Melo isn't winning ish
He's washed at 32
At best he would lead a team to a 1st round exit and most likely a lottery team

I mean Carmelo will lead us to.......... like he's led the Knicks to.........

But seriously Mitch..... Tell me again about Calderon for Khris Middleton

And what if the Lakers acquire a tier 1 or tier 2 star in three weeks, will you be ready for the whiplash effect?

This thread wasn't ready for the whiplash effect
And it's been a drag all season

Whip is the Melo of the thread

Melo isn't winning ish
He's washed at 32
At best he would lead a team to a 1st round exit and most likely a lottery team
Like I said in a previous post, you put Melo on a team with Lebron and Irving, Melo wins.

You put Melo on the Heat team with Wade and Bosh, Melo gets to the Finals guaranteed.

You put Melo on the Spurs with Aldridge, Kawhi, and Parker, Melo wins.

And Barkley had Pippen and Olajuwon in HOU.

Pippen had 'Sheed, Sabonis, Stoudamire, Smith, and Schrempf in POR

Nash had Stoudemire and Marion.

Did any of these players win a chip on those respective teams and they had more talent around them than Carmelo has ever had.

No they didn't but Melo ain't been in the playoffs the last 3 seasons, looking very likely to be 4. I'm just trying to understand how gutting the team for him is building a winning culture when he's again going to be surrounded by players who aren't proven.

You put Melo on the lakers today, everybody but LA wins

Don't want him here unless he's playing on a veterans minimum

I mean Carmelo will lead us to.......... like he's led the Knicks to.........

But seriously Mitch..... Tell me again about Calderon for Khris Middleton
And what if the Lakers acquire a tier 1 or tier 2 star in three weeks, will you be ready for the whiplash effect?
This thread wasn't ready for the whiplash effect
And it's been a drag all season

Whip is the Melo of the thread
Bruh, when it's all said and done and the Lakers are back in the playoffs in a year or two with proven All-Stars on the roster that kids such as Ingram, Zubac, Nance are learning from, that's when non-believers such as yourself will see the light.

And Barkley had Pippen and Olajuwon in HOU.

Pippen had 'Sheed, Sabonis, Stoudamire, Smith, and Schrempf in POR

Nash had Stoudemire and Marion.

Did any of these players win a chip on those respective teams and they had more talent around them than Carmelo has ever had.
No they didn't but Melo ain't been in the playoffs the last 3 seasons, looking very likely to be 4. I'm just trying to understand how gutting the team for him is building a winning culture when he's again going to be surrounded by players who aren't proven.
Lakers won't have to gut the team to get Melo.

Phil is learning that Melo's market value isn't what he thinks it is since the Clippers, Cavs, and Celtics aren't willing to give up their stars for him. Which means, Phil will likely end up trading Melo for less, and the Lakers would only have to give up minimal assets to get him. And even better for LAL if they can involve another team such as the Bulls to make it happen - either for Melo or for Butler if indeed the Bulls are shopping Butler.

The Lakers could end up acquiring Melo and still keep Ingram, Zubac, Russell, Clarkson or Young at the same time. They could even keep all of these young guys save for Randle if NY is willing to take Deng or Mozgov as part of the trade package.

If LAL finds a way to acquire Butler or Melo AND keep most of their young core, they then put themselves in a position to acquire another MAX superstar such as CP3 or a combination of a tier 2 star (Teague or George Hill, for example) PLUS someone like Ibaka this summer.

Last edited:
bb00745d1e104d94a4e01c43badf4489_crop_exact.png

Don't see how we're supposed to acquire cp3 when I already traded him for Kyrie last season

Precisely. The fact that he hasn't been linked to rumors makes it even more interesting. As you already know, the Lakers keep things under wraps.

Or he's not considering waiving his NTC. That's more likely.

A ton of reasons but one of the most important ones surfaced this week

Like what? He hasn't been linked to the Lakers at all. Cavs, Celtics, and Clippers are all the ones we've heard.

Precisely. The fact that he hasn't been linked to rumors makes it even more interesting. As you already know, the Lakers keep things under wraps.

So you're telling me we're gonna trade for Westbrook too ?

HELLLLLLLLL no

Im good on Ball.

Give me the #3 and take Monk and run out the building happy

Russell, Monk, Ingram future :wow:

Hopeful Lakers fans actin like a top 3 pick is a lock LOL

On another note, Fultz looked unimpressive against the Bruins, all he did was pull up for jumpers. Ball completely outplayed him and looked more dynamic. 

Having said that, Jackson imo is still the better overall player and most polished two-way player of the bunch.

In order of preference...

Jackson

Smith Jr.

Ball and that Kevin Martin-like release

Fultz/Monk (tie)

Last edited:
Smith Jr. got that CP3-Steve Francis-John Wall vibe to him.

Ball got that Jason Kidd-Kyle Lowry

Jackson got that Kawhi Leonard-Grant Hill-Wiggins

Fultz got that Bradley Beal-Brandon Roy

Monk got that Eric Gordon-Lou Williams

Back
Top Bottom