**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Pretty much ^

This past week rondo and AB have been showing how good this team could be with a legit 3ball

And waiters ain’t at the point of his career where he’s willing to submit to a way lesser role on contender.

my guy still wants all the money and all the shots, don’t see him submitting like dwight. Don’t see him being effective in limited minutes either (kuzma anyone?)

Q with minutes >>> tyler johnson and waiters

Q has show some flashes tbh. and he has some playoff pedigree.
got 2.5 weeks tho to see if anything shakes up.
rumors of Reggie but im hearing he and PG are buddies so the probably goes to the Clippers and make them even more stacked in depth lol

waiters would be a high risk high reward sort of deal
mans has IRRATIONAL confidence.. but.. sometimes that **** may pay off ya know
but like others has said he is a blatant idiot
and he gonna OD on the Cali Kush :rofl:
It would be a contract year for him though

Q has show some flashes tbh. and he has some playoff pedigree.
got 2.5 weeks tho to see if anything shakes up.
rumors of Reggie but im hearing he and PG are buddies so the probably goes to the Clippers and make them even more stacked in depth lol
I don’t buy the he’s friends with PG deal. Reggie has to get minutes to get a contract in the summer. He can’t really do that playing behind Lou and Bev.

DG is pretty much Kyle Korver but actually plays defense. Too bad Vogel doesn’t really run any plays for DG. Wish DG played like Reddick but as a defender he’s been doing pretty well.

wonder how much dwight would fetch in the market next year. he's been instrumental in the lakers D.

But his future now has far more possibilities than it did a year ago. Howard signed a one-year deal with the Lakers that became guaranteed on January 10. He will be a free agent in July and the Lakers have no special advantages in re-signing him.

“I am very happy here,” Howard said of L.A. “I like being here, I am having fun being here. I don’t know what is going to happen in the future but I know I can’t think about that or focus on it. I am just focused on being here.”

Howard has earned a chance to stick with the Lakers, but the question would become, how much are the Lakers willing to pay out for him? Howard surely won’t be available for the veterans’ minimum next summer.

According to one NBA front-office executive, Howard has played well enough this season to early, “a good part,” of a team’s mid-level exception. The exception is expected to be worth $9.7 million and if Howard can command a deal at about $7 million, he would either chew up most of their limited cap space or take the bulk of the Lakers’ mid-level exception

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/01/nba-rumors-whats-next-for-dwight-howard-and-the-lakers/

What’s impressed me about Dwight is how he hustles for rebounds and blocks shots despite going possession after possession without even touching the ball sometimes.

I’ve seen him calling for the ball in the post with a guy much smaller on him, and they still don’t pass it to him

a lot of guys would be like “****y’all”and not give effort.

What’s impressed me about Dwight is how he hustles for rebounds and blocks shots despite going possession after possession without even touching the ball sometimes.

I’ve seen him calling for the ball in the post with a guy much smaller on him, and they still don’t pass it to him

a lot of guys would be like “****y’all”and not give effort.
I think that's going to change next year. I can see him looking for a role that would involve him a bit on offense- not create plays for him per se, nor demand 2nd or 3rd option touches- but perhaps more involvement. He has the second fewest FGA with the Lakers after Dudley. It's a debate, but I think he could contribute a bit more.

I think Dwight gets looked off because he leaves points at the line. A lot of times it seems like he's in position to catch and finish but he gets hacked and doesn't score thru the contact. Legit can't remember the last time he knocked down both free throws

I think he stays, he knows his best chances are probably here. He has mastered his role and has become a major part of our success.

With all the money dude has made in his career I doubt he’s chasing an extra 3-5 million at this point. He’s proven he wants to WIN more than anything. His individual career/accolades are HOF, he’s just missing the hardware.

I also think he would be a great compliment for AD at the 5 going forward.

he’s got it made here, he knows it.

lets wait til summer to talk about these players. Most of it depends on the outcome of our season. If it’s a second round exit bc DG Kcp Kuzma Howard lay eggs, then they all gone. If we lose in the finals but everyone plays super well, then they coming back. Etc etc. let’s wait and see. All the attention is now on buyout market. I vote for rob likely not gonna make ANY changes and they will say “we feel like this team is enough”

f4em7o34qdg41.jpg

Hopefully Mark Cuban can rekindle the flame with Dwight and sign him if yall let him go
Luka, Porzingis and Dwight would be nasty
I don't think LeBron would let the front office get rid of him

though if you think about it...AD isn't really a franchise player, at least he's not the one who could pick up and carry the mantle.

his record in NOLA is a huge indicator of this. he has ZERO iso skills and it's the biggest reason why he always comes flat in 4th quarters. he's a phenomenal athlete but not a generational one.

i'm starting to think the pelicans won the trade. ingram represents today's nba game. an elite scoring wing that can takeover games without the ball being spoon fed to him. the Lakers will have a tough time replicating this years success if they can't find a playmaker as good as lebron to fully utilize AD's skill set.

building around AD wouldn’t be bad. Need spacing tho. They just need shooters and athleticism imo

and a pure PnR PG

Back
Top Bottom