**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

It's crazy how every really good 3pt shooter's percentage by minimum 5% when they get here. DG was 46% in TOR and is 38% here and I gotta believe he's never gotten more WIDE open looks than he has this season.
Its the pressure to perform on the grandest stage of all. There's only a select few that can thrive here.

Man I miss Van Exel

Last edited:
Reactions: DLF
though if you think about it...AD isn't really a franchise player, at least he's not the one who could pick up and carry the mantle.

his record in NOLA is a huge indicator of this. he has ZERO iso skills and it's the biggest reason why he always comes flat in 4th quarters. he's a phenomenal athlete but not a generational one.

i'm starting to think the pelicans won the trade. ingram represents today's nba game. an elite scoring wing that can takeover games without the ball being spoon fed to him. the Lakers will have a tough time replicating this years success if they can't find a playmaker as good as lebron to fully utilize AD's skill set.
Best thing you've said. Although I disagree that the Pelicans won the trade. There are things AD does on D that BI will never replicate.

Today's game is not just about being able to get your own shot and iso, it's always been about how great of a 2-way player you can be.

AD may not be "generational" but he sure as well represents a vital component of every championship team - a scoring big who can make a huge impact on both ends of the floor in multiple ways.

Duncan, KG, Pau, McHale, Bosh, Siakam, Worthy, Sheed, etc

I Dont think u need another Lebron for AD to thrive once AD turns 30. All you need is a guard or point forward who can score wit the best of em and someone who is able to intelligently run the PNR game.

Imagine Dame or Booker on the floor with Davis. Game over.

AD isn't good enough as a creator/playmaker for others. That and consistency of his jumper is holding him back.

Im sure that by the time AD is 31, his game will have evolved and improved in all aspects, including playmaking.

When MJ retired for 1.5 years, Pippen had to learn how to be a primary playmaker. That experience served Pip well when MJ came back and when Pippen played at HOU and POR as well.
I think AD will slowly learn to be a better playmaker in and out of the post, as Bron gets closer to retirement.

Also, being able to play deep into the postseason will toughen him and give him the much needed experience so he can learn how and when to dominate.

He has shown flashes of dominance. In the next 2-3 years he bout to level up.

Last edited:
Best thing you've said. Although I disagree that the Pelicans won the trade. There are things AD does on D that BI will never replicate.

Today's game is not just about being able to get your own shot and iso, it's always been about how great of a 2-way player you can be.

AD may not be "generational" but he sure as well represents a vital component of every championship team - a scoring big who can make a huge impact on both ends of the floor in multiple ways.

Duncan, KG, Pau, McHale, Bosh, Siakam, Worthy, Sheed, etc

I Dont think u need another Lebron for AD to thrive once AD turns 30. All you need is a guard or point forward who can score wit the best of em and someone who is able to intelligently run the PNR game.

Imagine Dame or Booker on the floor with Davis. Game over.
i say this without any agenda, hear me out man.

AD is too weak to punish players at the post. He’s easier to contain compared to similar talents like like Giannis. He’s a finesse player but he lacks the variety to score, he really cant blow by over his man so thats why he’s forcing those mid range jumpers. Pau Gasol- similar frame with less athleticism- was able to thrive at the post because of his skill, AD doesn’t really have that.

AD is all world on defense though so they can at least rely on that but the Lakers biggest issue in reality is that they simply don’t have another ISO scorer that can take over. Lebron needs that to fully deliver his promise of bringing a title- Kyrie in Cleveland, Wade in Miami etc..

75% of AD’s points are assisted. The Lakers would need a quantum leap from him in to make up from their lack of a true 3rd option. this is why they falter against elite teams. AD simply disappears on offense.

A report came out saying Kobe & Gigi were already buried privately at a cemetery in Corona Del Mar on the 7th

Reactions: DLF
i say this without any agenda, hear me out man.

AD is too weak to punish players at the post. He’s easier to contain compared to similar talents like like Giannis. He’s a finesse player but he lacks the variety to score, he really cant blow by over his man so thats why he’s forcing those mid range jumpers. Pau Gasol- similar frame with less athleticism- was able to thrive at the post because of his skill, AD doesn’t really have that.

AD is all world on defense though so they can at least rely on that but the Lakers biggest issue in reality is that they simply don’t have another ISO scorer that can take over. Lebron needs that to fully deliver his promise of bringing a title- Kyrie in Cleveland, Wade in Miami etc..

75% of AD’s points are assisted. The Lakers would need a quantum leap from him in to make up from their lack of a true 3rd option. this is why they falter against elite teams. AD simply disappears on offense.
All reasonable points.

AD's game right now isn't based as an ISO scorer so I'm not worried about it too much because like I previously mentioned, he will improve and evolve as an "iso scorer" as he gets into the meat of his prime. AD is still relatively raw if you think about it. He will get there.

But I dont believe Bron has to rely on a Wade type or Kyrie type to win a chip. We bout to do it kinda like the Showtime Lakers with a new twist of finesse and athleticism never before seen in LA. You got Lebron to AD action, plus a bunch of other role players who can score, defend, get out and run, and hit three point shots

People forget, when Showtime was averaging 122 ppg and beating opponents by double digits, we had Magic averaging 20, 12, and 9. Kareem getting his 20, 12, and 3. Worthy, and before him Jamaal Wilkes, were at 18-20 ppg consistently, and Byron could get you 16-20 from the outside and on fast breaks on any given night. Ntm, Coop with the D who'll guard thr other team's best perimeter player and all that size and muscle with Rambis, AC Green, Mychal Thompson.

OG Showtime had depth and were supremely conditioned to play any style of basketball. I see these Lakerd being designed the same way.

In fact, right now, the Lakers imo are looking at player committee to fulfill the 3rd scoring option, which could be anyone on any given night depending on the matchup.

Last game it was Rondo. Other games it might be KCP, Caruso, Bradley, Kuzma, or Green. Any of these guys can score 18-20 on any given night. At the end of the day, Lakers got plenty of options if you really think about it (that's if of course everyone plays with a purpose and plays hard on D).

The most important thing is that we're in 1st place yet we haven't even come close to clicking on all cylinders. That's scary af for the rest of the league.

LAL is trusting the process and waiting for the right time to collectively peak, and that time will be in May.

Meanwhile, at the same time we building cohesion, we "load managing" a certain way where our guys still play if relatively healthy but a lot of key veterans like Rondo, Dwight, Javale have games where they only play like 4-10 min.

To say AD is "too weak to punish" opponents in the post isn't accurate imho. I think he will prove everyone wrong when his 6'10" high flying and smooth game starts to wreak havoc in the playoffs.

Aside from Giannis, AD is the only other matchup problem deluxe in the league. You put a center like Zubac, Jokic, Embiid, Porzingis, Lopez twins on AD, he blows right by them going baseline off the dribble or can take them out to the 3 point line.

You put Covington, Millsap, PG/Kawhi/Harrell, Tatum, Tobias, Bogdanovic, Carmelo, name your PF on AD, he can easily get his shot off over them from anywhere on the floor. Lastly he's a nightmare switch off the PNR

Last edited:
The storyline already been written if you ask me....

Klaw vs Bron in the WCF
Freak vs Brow in the Finals

Lakers bout to get this.

Hopefully lol

Everytime Bron changes teams they win a chip in the 2nd year.....

4th Ring comin!

RIP to The Mamba & Gigi
hmmm... that's an interesting stat lol

also for as good as Bron and AD have been together they sure don't do a lot of PNR action for them lol

but i did notice last game they were running more sets to get AD in the post
and some sets for AB have been effective too now that his legs are under him. has a decent middy
i hope he can sustain his 3pt shooting cuz he's shooting like 40% for the last 8 games or something like that

bars, all bars.

1581542422140.png

1581542520123.png

Lakers favored by 3 is easy money. No way we win today. Last game before the break. LeBron and company gonna be coasting. Plus we been limping to the all star break. Nuggets by 8

Back
Top Bottom