**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Don’t get your hopes too high. This is a team still looking in from outside for a title. We are ahead of schedule anyways. This wasn’t suppose to be our year anyways. I mean we are 50+ games in and still have a hard time figuring out our point guard rotation.

it’s gonna be painful when Vogel and/or rondo gives away a game or two in a close playoff series.

Ehhhhh, Bron just another year older next year, and GS becomes elite again with Steph, Klay, #1 pick all in the fold.

This year is pretty much our best chance before Bron really starts to slow down.

Avery Bradley is up to 37 percent 3pt shooting for the season and has been at damn near 50% for the past 15 games. Obviously we can't rely on that too heavily, but if we could get his defense while he makes the defense pay for leaving him open then we're good..

I do admit tho Caruso not getting minutes is killing me because we've seen Vogel go to him in closing lineups before also.

Dwight 4 min vs Hou
KCP 4 min vs GS
Caruso 4 min vs Pho

I think it's a form of load managing. Weird pattern at least, but could be givin them a lil extra rest near ASB.

I think it's more of Vogel adjustments for the games. Houston's roster isn't really Dwight friendly on defense, and Rondo had one of his best games in years against Phoenix so he let him rock. I missed the Warriors game so can't speak on KCP.

Or putting stuff on film other teams will have to study for no real reason.

Kinda think that's why he doesn't play the AD, Bron, Kuz, KCP, Green lineup too much. Savin it for a rainy day.
that makes no sense

the coach is disregarding cohesion and deploying his least effective lineup in hopes of using it for a “rainy day”?

come on man

Last edited:
Is there any one else left in the buyout market?

I have a feeling we're signing Waiters or staying as is .

Wait I thought we solved all our rotation problems when Luke got let go?

We did. Frank is doing something different and I actually like it.

But let's see how it goes Wednesday.

Still not doom and gloom over the above .500 teams.

Coach is struggling to manage minutes with current lineup. Not sure how he’ll handle adding a player or two at positions of need (playmaker and wing). His struggles aren’t entirely his fault since roster is made up of bunch of guards who are good at only 1 thing (except Caruso) and one who is not good at anything (rondo) but has to play him for politics

F25A74B6-CACF-450E-832B-E5CA3EE4D1EB.jpeg

Jimmy only 6-4?

I doubt we are going to get someone now. If anything Boogie gets activated for the playoffs and Daniels is waived.

Only player I think LAL takes over Daniels is a wing defender, aand as much as I hate to say it, is JR Smith.

Other than that, IF Bradley, Rondo, and Kuz play like they're capable of and play consistently, then this team can be as dangerous as I once thought during the summer when they set this roster.

This squad can do it, albeit the lack of "dogs."

In the playoffs I am counting on this team's size and length to make the difference as long as our guards play respectably.

I may be wrong here but I don't think we have to cut anybody to active Boogie.

Last I looked we had 15 man roster and 2 on two ways which we are allowed to have.

Well I know moe harkless likes being home but if they aren’t playing him or play him very little he won’t have a big deal waiting for him this summer. If NYK don’t have him in their long term plans then it would make sense for him
To go to a contender and play minutes in playoffs on national tv and then teams will give him an ariza like contract for his “leadership”

Well I know moe harkless likes being home but if they aren’t playing him or play him very little he won’t have a big deal waiting for him this summer. If NYK don’t have him in their long term plans then it would make sense for him
To go to a contender and play minutes in playoffs on national tv and then teams will give him an ariza like contract for his “leadership”

Seems like he is content but NY knows he isn't apart of long term plans.

Hopefully Moe gets smart.

I'll give Vogel the benefit of the doubt with the rotations because he has been very flexible on it through the season. also his entire background involves watching & breaking down a lot of game tape.

So i would imagine he's seen some things on film that he will really hone in on come playoffs.

Also i understand the need for cohesion but Daniels gotta go for someone. whether that someone is Tyler Johnson, JR or Lance idc. but we don't need to carry that many guards, Quinn Cook is more than capable of doing what Daniels does but better.

He's a career 37% Shooter, He's been in several playoff series & he's not afraid to take a big shot when needed. Only thing is that i'm not confident on him being able to beat his man any more. waiters would be good for that but he's not gonna take a minimum role.

Last edited:
Cousins is that “dawg” we need

imagine that healthy beast from SAC in the playoffs and next season. Bulldozing his way through the paint. He’s such a physical presence and wears down the other team. Hope we get him back

Cousins is that “dawg” we need

imagine that healthy beast from SAC in the playoffs and next season. Bulldozing his way through the paint. He’s such a physical presence and wears down the other team. Hope we get him back
Lol

true. Imagine Boston rondo too! How about Orlando 2009 Dwight Howard. Add that to Miami Heat LeBron, celtics Bradley, San Antonio Danny green and we might just pull off the upset

shall see how he looks when he returns

he didn't look too terrible when he was at GSW. def rusty and prob not all the way in-tune with his body but i think maybe he came back too soon.

he looked in way better shape this summer when he signed here compared to GSW tho

Can’t let a talent like boogie just walk away, even if he on the mend.

I’m sure rob is playing the long game with boogie.

not so much this season, but as a compliment to AD going forward the next few years.

Back
Top Bottom