**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Danny Green is exactly who we thought he would be. He's been in the league for many years: He can score 2 points one night, and 20 the next night while draining 5 three pointers. And it is completely random whether those games are in the regular season, playoffs or finals. You live and die knowing this. They got him in hope that his hot hand can be a difference between a W and a L in 1, maybe 2 games per playoff series. We'll see if that ends up being the case. It is frustrating that he shot 46% from the 3 last season and 39% this season though.

What's up with AD? During the Knicks game I've heard the commentators say that he might be back against the Mavericks. That was well over a week ago. I don't like the fact that his first game back might be against the Rockets.

No AD, no Rondo, Caruso hurt, 2 missed dunks, Javale in crunch time, and Magic shoot 30 free throws to our 11.

Lose by 1.

33-8 at the halfway point.

3rd game we gave away. Indy, Christmas, tonight.

Yup. This game reminded me of the raptors game. We have issues with long athletic teams that also have bigs that can shoot. I believe caruso missed that game also. Dudley was the only one out there really making hustle plays.

Bron and kuz gotta play better tho, everyone else showed up today.

What's up with AD? During the Knicks game I've heard the commentators say that he might be back against the Mavericks. That was well over a week ago. I don't like the fact that his first game back might be against the Rockets.
They just resting him. I suspect he’ll play against Houston.

Just woke up and saw the score. Then saw the highlights. Gonna watch a replay after work but just off what I saw so far, I was Javale playing to close it out? Was howard in foul trouble?

Just woke up and saw the score. Then saw the highlights. Gonna watch a replay after work but just off what I saw so far, I was Javale playing to close it out? Was howard in foul trouble?
So far this game against Orlando was probably the most entertaining game of the season, and just on a random day on in January

Nah. Just a Vogel decision

We lost this game ourselves tho. Bron and KCP missed a dunk, Dwight missed a layup, and Baruso got hurt. It was just one of those games

Kuz played horrible can’t rely on Bron and the whole bench to lead the team.

We’ve lost so many games over the past few years where these losses don’t sting as much. 33-8 is an amazing feeling the real games are in the playoffs just need to stay healthy, keep good positively in the locker room, and get some good momentum wins towards the end of the season.

n6if551um1b41.jpg

Nah. Just a Vogel decision

We lost this game ourselves tho. Bron and KCP missed a dunk, Dwight missed a layup, and Baruso got hurt. It was just one of those games
Can’t nitpick that much. Overall it was defense. The magic made like 8 for their last 9 Shots and scored with ease. Should have lost by 10+ but we had heroic 3s made by guys in the fourth.

Didn't catch the game but checked the box score a couple times and saw we were down big :smh:. At least it was more of a Laker loss than a magic win from what yall are saying. Probably good to get this stinker out the way before the road trip, AD should be well rested. Still sucks because we were starting to close the gap on Milwaukee

Cook and Daniels balled out that’s a good sign...my dude kuz keeps disappointing...we need another guy who can come in and consistently average 15

Lakers/Kuz fans not gonna like me, but I'm officially done with him after last night's stinker.

In other news, Minnesota has agreed to trade Jeff Teague to Atlanta, exactly just what I needed to hear to let me know Minnesota hell bent on a rebuild.

RoCo and perhaps Wiggins may be next. MIN added Allen Crabbe in the Teague trade and Crabbe pretty much plays the same position as Wiggins and RoCo. Something's gotta give.

I can also see KAT joining the Warriors eventually, in a trade for DLO.

Wouldnt that be ironic if Kuz and Russell end up in Minnesota together lol

Last edited:
Jeff Teague was my sneaky buy-out candidate. I guess he could still be if he forces things with Atlanta.

Lebron started off passive last night to try and get the others rolling.....and it worked.

just couldn’t close this one out....everyone stepped up last night EXCEPT KUZ.....i know its easy to hop on the kid right now, but man we needed him last night and he was GHOST.

Happy for Troy and Cook....especially cook this was his best game as a laker so far. Thats ehat he can bring man, he just need minutes to find that rhythm. Same with troy. They legit, we just so deep they can’t find a rhythm in the regular rotation.

AND Javale be making me cringe sometimes man oh my god, some of the errors & lapses he be haing are CRAZY at the NBA level, like elementary school level foolery....

/rant.

meh on to the next.

Happy for Troy and Cook....especially cook this was his best game as a laker so far. Thats ehat he can bring man, he just need minutes to find that rhythm. Same with troy. They legit, we just so deep they can’t find a rhythm in the regular rotation.
Glad you brought this up. We have pretty decent assets in Cook and Daniels, two streak shooters who, based on what I've seen this year so far, will have a very difficult time finding enough consistent game-by-game minutes to truly get in enough of a rhythm for them to contribute significantly. They are more insurance in case KCP, Caruso, or Rondo get hurt.

Which ultimately makes Cook and Daniels - as much as I like them - trade bait. They can be salary fillers in any trade scenario that upgrades our roster by adding a key piece to our 8-9 man playoff rotation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom