**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Too many of us are spoiled as ****. No patience, no perspective. Think you can just put it in the microwave and out comes a championship team.

I don't know why talking about the draft. Y'all gon be crying to trade them too by year 2. :lol:

Nah these guys actually have star attributes already in different areas.

In college maybe. That's not gonna translate right away to the NBA. Are any of these dudes Lebron?

Monk and Johnson don't look like the next LeBron, but Fultz could very well be the next Lillard, Westbrook, Irving, or DRose

So let me ask if son is avg 15 and 4.5 in his second year then what?

Then he's a bust, simple as that. Especially if Fultz is drafted in the top 3.

Top 3 picks are supposed to be major impact players. That's why they're drafted that high, because teams believe these are the best players in college basketball. And if they don't become stars or impact players, they are considered to have underachieved, no bones about it.

:lol:

15 & 4.5 in sophomore year = bust

Last edited:
Who's labeling him a bust? Answer: Nobody  :lol:

I swear, some of you guys need to quit with all that hyperbole 

They think if you don't believe he's the 2nd coming or going to be a bona-fide star that you think he's trash.

Too many of us are spoiled as ****. No patience, no perspective. Think you can just put it in the microwave and out comes a championship team.

I don't know why talking about the draft. Y'all gon be crying to trade them too by year 2. :lol:

In college maybe. That's not gonna translate right away to the NBA. Are any of these dudes Lebron?

Monk and Johnson don't look like the next LeBron, but Fultz could very well be the next Lillard, Westbrook, Irving, or DRose

Top 3 picks are supposed to be major impact players. That's why they're drafted that high, because teams believe these are the best players in college basketball. And if they don't become stars or impact players, they are considered to have underachieved, no bones about it.

:lol:

View media item 1943422

kobe-laugh.gif

I don't know why talking about the draft. Y'all gon be crying to trade them too by year 2.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

First of all, I was talking about Fultz, but in similar context with DLo. Second of all, Fultz is doing much better right now than DLo did at Ohio State. If you knew how to read between the lines, Fultz would be a "bust" with those numbers if he were taken as a top 3 pick. 

A number two pick is supposed to turn into a star. 15 and 4 are average numbers. Therefore, in relation to his draft position, those numbers (15 and 4) are considered "busted."

Get it right homie.

Y'all need to get a college education. You seem to not know how to comprehend because obviously, you have not paid any attention to the comments I've made about DLo since I came on this thread.

Last edited:
A number two pick is supposed to turn into a star. 15 and 4 are average numbers. Therefore, in relation to his draft position, those numbers (15 and 4) are considered "busted."
based on what?

aside from kd and lma (and maybe even oladipo's jump), which other 2nd pick in the last 10-15 years stood out their sophomore year?

Last edited:
What y'all don't seem to understand is that I compare DLo (as the number two pick) with guys like LeBron, Wade, Carmelo, Durant, Irving, Towns, heck even Porzingis who btw is pretty much the same age as DLo. All these cats were drafted in similar position.

What DLo is doing in his sophomore year pales in comparison to what the aforementioned players had already done by Year 2. 

If you don't get it when I say DLo's numbers in year 2 are "bustworthy" in comparison to the standards I set for him, then you simply are content with DLo being a non-elite player.

For you all to think that what I meant was DLo being a bust along the lines of Kwame Brown, Greg Oden, Adam Morrison and J.R. Reid goes to show the lack of depth in your thinking.

based on what?

aside from kd and lma (and maybe even oladipo's jump), which other 2nd pick in the last 10-15 years stood out their sophomore year?
You really want me to go dig into the archives of top 2-5 picks who turned out stars? You really think it's that uncommon that top 2, top 3 or even top 5 picks don't end up being future All-Stars? C'mon dude. Especially if it's THE LAKERS picking at #2, I fully expect that they have the scouting expertise to ensure they're top pick has the skill set and qualities that will make him an All-Star player for years to come.

Let's start here (there will be multiple additions/edits as I comb through the drafts of the last 15 years) and you will see exactly what I mean.

DWade #5 - dominated

Carmelo #3 - over 20 ppg easily

Porzingis #4 - we already know what he's doing this year aka franchise player

Westbrook #4 - 16.1 ppg, 8.0 apg, 5 rpg, 1.3 spg

Kevin Love #5 - averaged a double-double

More coming...

Lamarcus Aldridge #2 - 18 ppg, 8 rpg, 1.2 bpg

Deron Williams #3 - 16 ppg, over 9 apg, 1 spg

Chris Paul #4 - 17 ppg, 9 apg, 2 spg

Chris Bosh #4 - 17 ppg, 9 rpg, 1 spg, 1.5 bpg

Pau Gasol #3 - 19 ppg, 9 rpg, 2 bpg

Demarcus Cousins #5 - 18 ppg, 11 rpg, 1.5 spg, 1.2 bpg 

Jabari Parker #2 - This year is techinically his second full year due to major injury his rookie year. And he's averaging almost 21 ppg, 6 rpg, and 1 spg. Dude will clearly be an All-Star in near future.

Last edited:
You're speaking of transcendent talents though, no? You're lucky to have 1 in a particular draft let alone 2. 2003, 1996, 1984 are anomalies, not the norm. KAT is that dude from the 2015 draft, maybe Zinger.

You're speaking of transcendent talents though, no? You're lucky to have 1 in a particular draft let alone 2. 2003, 1996, 1984 are anomalies, not the norm. KAT is that dude from the 2015 draft, maybe Zinger.
Let's wait til I go down all drafts since 2000 and we'll see how many talented players (aka future All-Stars) that made an impact by their soph season.

Some people act like there's only been a couple of players that have made an impact by Year 2 in the last 15 years lol

What DLo is doing in his sophomore year pales in comparison to what the aforementioned players had already done by Year 2. 

If you don't get it when I say DLo's numbers in year 2 are "bustworthy" in comparison to the standards I set for him, then you simply are content with DLo being a non-elite player.

http://bkref.com/tiny/rs18K

[emoji]129300[/emoji]
That sample you used has a bias - age < 20.

I'm talking strictly top 5 picks in the last 16 years who made an impact by their sophomore year regardless of age.

imma let you finish, but i'm strictly talking about #2
#'s 3 to 5 shouldn't matter because they shouldn't be as desirable as #2 correct? Therefore for the purposes of this debate, Top 5 picks who made an impact by year 2 should all be considered since top 5 picks are all considered to be deemed the top aka cream of the crop college/H.S. players in the nation.

We really getting into the same debate on a different day doe
Barbershop isn't open today?

Back
Top Bottom