**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Can’t wait for y’all to trade LeBron for some trash and be garbage for another ten years after you gutted your team for him. Clown *** organization.

as03mgdh98x21.jpg

rusxkd4s98x21.jpg

0106_spo_ldn-l-lakers-nunez-hg6.jpg

tenor.gif

Last edited:
we're the minority here but i look at the lakers situation and i don't see it as dire. as you stated, they have plenty of cap, they have lebron who is actively pursuing marquee free agents and i havent given up on the lakers prospects.

if you weed out all the stupid media, i think they're in great shape this summer.

Who do you think was recruiting Ty Lue?

i said FA big Lee.

If Bron can't even convince his personal caddy and a guy with Laker ties to come to this **** show why in the world would any free agent sign up for this. The front office will undermine whatever limited pull he has left and guys weren't lining up to play with him anyway

If Bron can't even convince his personal caddy and a guy with Laker ties to come to this **** show why in the world would any free agent sign up for this. The front office will undermine whatever limited pull he has left and guys weren't lining up to play with him anyway
all conjecture at this point tbh. how about we wait till july and see how it all goes?

mind you, he did convince lue except lue has this high opinion of his capabilities as a coach. kudos to the lakers for once for resisting another mitigated disaster if they caved for 5 yrs.

don't even think it's all Bron at this point
Lue as on the way here and Jeanie and the Rambis' botched it

Maybe Bron ain't going to bat for Lue as hard as he should.

Free agency isn’t the only means to building a team though. You can’t build any type of continuity and team chemistry when half the team is on one year deals and most likely not going to be brought back.

This whole obsession with landing a star through free agency and making movies contingent on that is just overkill. Whatever happened to building a team that competes and plays hard and grows and plays as a team? Admittedly injuries have been a killer with some of the pieces they have. Hopefully the new coach can get production out of the young guys and they stay healthy. Hopefully they can nail it in the draft. When they landed Shaq in 96, they had something appealing in the form of a decent team. They had to make moves that offseason in order to secure the cap space to sign him, but if they didn’t have a decent team in place already, he likely stays with Orlando.

That whole concept of sacrificing entire seasons for what may happen in the future and having nothing to show for it just doesn’t sit well with me.

The organization has been dysfunctional in every way possible. They’re on their 5th coach, 6th if you count Bickerstaffs few games since Phil left. Something has to give.

Understand the frustration. But what you are talking about is mediocrity. And that's not what we want.

Portland has kept their happy little team forever. Never getting a top pick, never winning anything. 1st-2nd round and out, every year. Yippee. No money to attract anyone else, no picks worth any true value.

We landed Shaq. Tremendous move. And we landed Kobe, equally big.

Til LeBron, we hadn't landed another elite level star. Part of that is we had to PAY those other guys, by the time the well finally ran dry, it took a couple years to land the "next" guy.

Paying Lou Williams, and Nick Young, and some decent vets, maybe signing a Melo, we would be in mediocre purgatory. You might feel that is building something, I feel like THAT is throwing away seasons. There's no true hope with that kind of "building"

Utah made the playoffs for 20+ years. But could never get over that hump. The Clippers have been decent for the last decade or so, but can't get the crown. Is that something (As a Laker fan) that you're good with? Yeah, we made the playoffs 10 times, and won a total of 8 series?

I rather go to the playoffs DEEP, maybe 6-7 times in 10 years, but win 18 series and 2-3 titles. Ala the 80's and 00's. If this is our 90's, so be it. (down decade basically retooling)

As frustrated as I am with the front office and ownership, this protest is a bad look. All it does is drawn national attention to our ongoing struggles and makes us look even worse for potential free agents.

As frustrated as I am with the front office and ownership, this protest is a bad look. All it does is drawn national attention to our ongoing struggles and makes us look even worse for potential free agents.
No way. It sends a message that we care about the team and the people running it are ******* idiots.

Magic Johnson was the smartest guy in this situation. He probably saw the writing. The stupidity. The buffoonery from the Buss’ and Rambis’.

Wow protest?! Lmaoo is this common??

Hell naw :lol::lol::lol:
But the way they're (Jeanie/front office) running the team right now is despicable.
Combine that with the delusion/success Lakers fans are accustom to and we're here.
This **** is looking NASTY and probably turning off potential FAs.

I get your perspective, hell I agree with it on a lot of ends.

Your mention of Melo, Lou Williams etc. That’s exactly why I was fine with Dwight Howard walking. After Kobe got hurt in 2013, their ceiling with that team was the second round at best. I’ve shared that same sentiment for years. You don’t want to be in that Portland Utah territory, decent team consistently, but second round flameouts every year.

The Lakers have one thing those teams don’t though. The LA market. Players want to play here. They just don’t want to play here on a bad team that’s disorganized. Utah and Portland can be decent, have the funds to sign guys and guys just won’t want to play there regardless. Hell even San Antonio with all their success has had trouble in that department but they manage to be successful.

There’s still an attraction to markets like LA, New York, Miami etc and players will find that situation appealing. You can’t just sell the market alone though. The Knicks have unsuccessfully tried that for almost 50 years to no success.

This is where the Lakers have to build something and have something to offer on court product wise. They need to move like a stable functional organization and move past the circus like activities of recent years.

Things aren’t as bad as people would suggest. Lebron and a healthy young core should be a playoff team. They have cap space. They just need to move smart. But this has been wayyyyy worse than the 90’s. I remember the 90’s. They were in the 91 finals with a team that overachieved under Mike Dunleavy, got reduced to a scrappy 8 seed in 92 and 93 (should’ve pulled off one of the hugest upsets in NBA history in the 93 playoffs). Had everything not happened with Magic, those 92 and 93 teams are likely battling with Portland and Phoenix for the west those years. 94 was rock bottom and even then they were only a game back of the 8 seed in late March. They turned it around in 95 and were a 50 plus win team in 96. Given everything that happened to them, the early to mid 90’s weren’t so bad.

These past 7 years or so though have been very humbling.

Back
Top Bottom