**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

So hire Joerger who was just fired and replaced by the coach we fired? That's the solution?
that's your rebuttal, really? we're not going to look at his body of work?

so we're just going to get ty lue because he's lebron's guy? i thought lebron is washed? why are the lakers building around him, according to you? i just want to know where you stand before we can move forward.

its just the uncertainty that is coming with the FO
they've constantly been bad, made bad decisions and made things worse and worse lol

the current FO has like... 0% idea on wth they're doing

This front office has had 2 YEARS as currently constructed, to clean up the mess that Mitch & Jim created which led to future draft picks being traded away, Star cap space spent on guys who weren't even starters & a revolving door of coaches.

Since then they have brought in Lebron James, Drafted good talent, and have us in position to sign another Star this summer. they have their misses (letting Randle walk last summer, Trading Zu for absolutely nothing, Overdoing it with the "playmakers" last summer.

but in the grand scheme of things they have a concise plan to keep young talent, hold out future assets, preserve cap space & go in on FA. They already grabbed Lebron and are in position to grab another one.

I mean ultimately none of this matters if they pull Leonard but all this disfunction & negative press before one of the biggest summers in franchise history isn’t a good look no matter how you look at it.

that's your rebuttal, really? we're not going to look at his body of work?

so we're just going to get ty lue because he's lebron's guy? i thought lebron is washed? why are the lakers building around him, according to you? i just want to know where you stand before we can move forward.

What has Dave Joerger done?

Well we obviously have Lebron for a minimum of 2 more years, why not get the best coach to maximize whatever he has left in the tank? We saw what he did with Puke who he obviously didn't respect or want and how that filtered down to the rest of the team. You want another year of that?

This front office has had 2 YEARS as currently constructed, to clean up the mess that Mitch & Jim created which led to future draft picks being traded away, Star cap space spent on guys who weren't even starters & a revolving door of coaches.

Since then they have brought in Lebron James, Drafted good talent, and have us in position to sign another Star this summer. they have their misses (letting Randle walk last summer, Trading Zu for absolutely nothing, Overdoing it with the "playmakers" last summer.

but in the grand scheme of things they have a concise plan to keep young talent, hold out future assets, preserve cap space & go in on FA. They already grabbed Lebron and are in position to grab another one.
we're the minority here but i look at the lakers situation and i don't see it as dire. as you stated, they have plenty of cap, they have lebron who is actively pursuing marquee free agents and i havent given up on the lakers prospects.

if you weed out all the stupid media, i think they're in great shape this summer.

Lakers definitely looking dirt cheap and running the organization like a damm start-up.

The way this is going Lavar Ball finna suit up as HC.

I say we as fans maintain our composure and let Jeanie and family (aka the Rambis clan) be the ones to act with desperation. How you gonna leak to the media that Lue gonna hire Vogel as AC then turn around and leak Vogel interviewing for head coach lol. Buss tryna make Ty Lue look bad for backing out of the talks. Smgdmfh!

on that side of things yes
young core/assets and max space

but brotha
Magic stepped down without anyone telling first
Lakers being ran by an 80's basketball IG thot and her bff and baby daddy have more executive control over said thot/president lol
everybody making the big decisions have NO REASON to be making those decisions other than they're just Jeanie's friends :lol:

we're just saying the situation is bad in terms of intangible things

my local asian-family owned donut shop ran better than the lakers rn :lol:

What has Dave Joerger done?

Well we obviously have Lebron for a minimum of 2 more years, why not get the best coach to maximize whatever he has left in the tank? We saw what he did with Puke who he obviously didn't respect or want and how that filtered down to the rest of the team. You want another year of that?
i'm not going above and beyond to defend joerger, it's a personal choice. lebron has to work with anyone at this point, just give him a proper roster that can work with his strengths.

wins translates to approval anyway.

i'm not going above and beyond to defend joerger, it's a personal choice. lebron has to work with anyone at this point, just give him a proper roster that can work with his strengths.

You didn't answer the question. What has Joerger done? I can tell you what Ty Lue has done with Bron. Lebron actually doesn't have to work with anybody if he doesn't want to ie. Puke that's the entire issue.

on that side of things yes
young core/assets and max space

but brotha
Magic stepped down without anyone telling first
Lakers being ran by an 80's basketball IG thot and her bff and baby daddy have more executive control over said thot/president lol
everybody making the big decisions have NO REASON to be making those decisions other than they're just Jeanie's friends :lol:

we're just saying the situation is bad in terms of intangible things

my local asian-family owned donut shop ran better than the lakers rn :lol:

again a bunch of shaderoom type rumors getting bounced back & forth from different media "sources" about how things are ran in the Lakers FO. This is only a story because it's the Lakers involved, nobody has any proof as to how much Rambis is involved with the decisions made, nor do they have any clue whatsoever if Rambis is a good/bad front office person or if he could be valuable.

That's what's killing me about this whole the sky is falling theory about the Lakers FO. 90% of the people complaining about it to that extent can't name you more than 5 FO guys and those are the prominent ones who have been in there positions for years, they damn sure can't tell you about the assistant Gm's or the inner workings of other GM's "circles".

a lot of people don't even have a basis, on how to judge front office people's track record. it's just regurgitated narratives created by bloggers & media people about who is good or not. No front office person comes directly into a new situation and fixes everything overnight, they have to be allowed to build and during that stretch they will make mistakes.

again a bunch of shaderoom type rumors getting bounced back & forth from different media "sources" about how things are ran in the Lakers FO. This is only a story because it's the Lakers involved, nobody has any proof as to how much Rambis is involved with the decisions made, nor do they have any clue whatsoever if Rambis is a good/bad front office person or if he could be valuable.

That's what's killing me about this whole the sky is falling theory about the Lakers FO. 90% of the people complaining about it to that extent can't name you more than 5 FO guys and those are the prominent ones who have been in there positions for years, they damn sure can't tell you about the assistant Gm's or the inner workings of other GM's "circles".

a lot of people don't even have a basis, on how to judge front office people's track record. it's just regurgitated narratives created by bloggers & media people about who is good or not. No front office person comes directly into a new situation and fixes everything overnight, they have to be allowed to build and during that stretch they will make mistakes.
i get what you're saying

but they've still been trash and have consistently actually made things worse and will probably continue to make things worse

You didn't answer the question. What has Joerger done? I can tell you what Ty Lue has done with Bron.
i dont put too much weight in lue's ascension to a championship caliber coach. i give him credit, but not to a point where he's the difference between winning and losing. he ain't.

again, it's a personal choice, there's really not much point discussing joerger, since he's not even in their list. (but i do like his approach in sacramento, it's something i wouldn't mind incorporated with the younger lakers team.

What pisses me off is that they’ve constantly had guys on 1 year deals. Pretty much sacrificing seasons in hopes of signing a “star” and trying to land free agents by selling the LA market rather than the actual on court product. This was even worse under Jim/Mitch but they’ve still been doing it. You can’t build a team and chemistry with mad dudes on 1 year deals.

Put a decent team out there and be a stable organization and top talent will want to come. Hell they were a 53 win team the season before Shaq came. They’ve been shooting for the quick fix and think they can build it all in one offseason via free agency and it’s been the same ol **** going on 7 years now.

90% of y’all were ****ting on the idea of Ty Lue being coach... now we’re protesting because we didn’t sign him??? :rofl:

The main problem I have is Kurt & Linda Rambis being involved with anything. Kurt was terrible at everything he’s ever done, so I’m not sure why were giving his wife decision making power.

I’m honestly shocked he’s been able to maintain steady employment in the NBA... Definition of white privilege

What pisses me off is that they’ve constantly had guys on 1 year deals. Pretty much sacrificing seasons in hopes of signing a “star” and trying to land free agents by selling the LA market rather than the actual on court product. This was even worse under Jim/Mitch but they’ve still been doing it. You can’t build a team and chemistry with mad dudes on 1 year deals.

Put a decent team out there and be a stable organization and top talent will want to come. Hell they were a 53 win team the season before Shaq came. They’ve been shooting for the quick fix and think they can build it all in one offseason via free agency and it’s been the same ol **** going on 7 years now.

What you're saying doesn't line up tho. You can't say for the team to sign guys to longer than 1 year deals, and then top talent will want to come (without the payroll flexibility)

The only way that works? Having MULTIPLE top end young stars come in at the same time with low dollars for 4+ years. Like drafting Ingram/Ball/Kuzma all the same year and having them ball out immediately. THEN you could pull off the adding of top talent, but it would still be 1-2 guys at best.

The Heat had 1 single player on their roster to land Bron/Wade/Bosh, and that was Chalmers. And they helped out enough to create some space for Haslem. It's not simple.

You stated he had a body of work that would make him a better hire than Lue. I'm just asking what is it. Shouldn't be too hard.

What you're saying doesn't line up tho. You can't say for the team to sign guys to longer than 1 year deals, and then top talent will want to come (without the payroll flexibility)

The only way that works? Having MULTIPLE top end young stars come in at the same time with low dollars for 4+ years. Like drafting Ingram/Ball/Kuzma all the same year and having them ball out immediately. THEN you could pull off the adding of top talent, but it would still be 1-2 guys at best.

The Heat had 1 single player on their roster to land Bron/Wade/Bosh, and that was Chalmers. And they helped out enough to create some space for Haslem. It's not simple.

Free agency isn’t the only means to building a team though. You can’t build any type of continuity and team chemistry when half the team is on one year deals and most likely not going to be brought back.

This whole obsession with landing a star through free agency and making movies contingent on that is just overkill. Whatever happened to building a team that competes and plays hard and grows and plays as a team? Admittedly injuries have been a killer with some of the pieces they have. Hopefully the new coach can get production out of the young guys and they stay healthy. Hopefully they can nail it in the draft. When they landed Shaq in 96, they had something appealing in the form of a decent team. They had to make moves that offseason in order to secure the cap space to sign him, but if they didn’t have a decent team in place already, he likely stays with Orlando.

That whole concept of sacrificing entire seasons for what may happen in the future and having nothing to show for it just doesn’t sit well with me.

The organization has been dysfunctional in every way possible. They’re on their 5th coach, 6th if you count Bickerstaffs few games since Phil left. Something has to give.

Back
Top Bottom