**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Bron has to make a power play. Call Jeanie and tell them to hire Lue or he demands a trade.

It's a standard NBA contract man even if you wanna fire him after Lebron is gone you don't insult him by offering one that clearly states he's only here to babysit him.
again, you’re missing the point. the lakers dont have to adhere to these silly 5 year contracts when it simply doesn’t align with lebron’s timeline.

would you be ok with ty lue for 5 yrs considering lbj has 2 yrs left? also consider the fact that within that frame, lbj could suffer a catastrophic injury-given his age and mileage- it’s a smart move for once however you slice it.

again, you’re missing the point. the lakers dont have to adhere to these silly 5 year contracts when it simply doesn’t align with lebron’s timeline.

would you be ok with ty lue for 5 yrs considering lbj has 2 yrs left? also consider the fact that within that frame, lbj could suffer a catastrophic injury-given his age and mileage- it’s a smart move for once however you slice it.
+ 1

No need to cater to Lue's demands. The Lakers situation unlike most teams are not the same. They're on Lebron's time clock for now .Of course they could simply start all over and trade him now, but the optics would be so bad I don't think any marquee Free Agent would consider the Lakers for a long time, Mozogv-Deng moves all over again.

To be fair, we've established that the people "advising" Jeanie Buss are complete idiots. They're probably the same people who told her to hire Rob and Magic.

I hate to say this, but at this stage in the game I would prefer that she sell the team. We have a large enough sample size to know that she and her siblings can't run a decent NBA franchise even when everything is stacked in their favor (revenue, prestige, big market, etc.).

You can fire Ty after Lebron leaves. But seeing as he's the perfect fit for coaching Lebron now you give him the 5 years. It's not like we're hurting for money man. You're married to Lebron unless he asks for a trade this is stupid to not maximize the window.

they couldve had lue as HC and Vogel as AC tho lol

Assuming the rumors were true. But we don’t know the truth. Maybe Vogel didn’t want to be an assistant. Maybe Lue didn’t want him and the Lakers we’re pushing for it. We just don’t know. All the rumors flying around are unsubstantiated “sources”

You can fire Ty after Lebron leaves. But seeing as he's the perfect fit for coaching Lebron now you give him the 5 years. It's not like we're hurting for money man. You're married to Lebron unless he asks for a trade this is stupid to not maximize the window.
that’s a horrible plan ,you’re looking at the wrong solution. t lue isn’t Lebron’s savior:lol: Im pretty sure emphasis should be on the roster.

We should give Lue 5 years

Then recruit kyrie like crazy

Then trade the farm for AD

KYRIE
LEBRON
AD

BOOM

he’s probably gonna get another gig again, as a mid season replacement but i dont think he’s a 5 yr term coach.

lakers for once are smart for resisting it. lebron has 2 more years and signing lue for 5 doesn’t really make sense.

So fire him after year 3. It's not like it affects the cap. This was literally a lay up and they blew it.

Sure what's the alternative? I'd love to hear it.
look man, ty lue isn't going to rally these guys back to contention.

i wont pick hollins that's for sure. his basketball philosophies is antiquated AF :lol:

i'll take the fella that luke replaced in sacramento. solid dude who could not only work with lebron but has shown he knows how to develop and use young roster. in the event lebron wants out, gets injured, i think joerger can continue his success with the franchise.

he's probably the most versatile too. he maintained the grit-n-grind identity in Memphis and was able to run a fast paced offense in Sacramento.

it's been five years and dudes want to wipe the entire organization clean & sell the team :lol:. this thread has consistently been the most toxic thread for over a decade.

You would think we just signed Deng/Mogsov again & Traded all our future picks while being capped out. THAT was a bad space to be in

We are heading into the summer with a nice young core, one of the best players in the league still & Open cap space and people are acting like we have no hope going forward. constantly overreacting.

So fire him after year 3. It's not like it affects the cap. No was literally a lay up and they blew it.
it has nothing to do with the cap. ZERO.

it's the culture. y'all need to look at a bigger picture. my goodness. the short term solution (lue) isn;t that great to begin with. he's not lebron's savior :lol:

So hire Joerger who was just fired and replaced by the coach we fired? That's the solution?

it's been five years and dudes want to wipe the entire organization clean & sell the team :lol:. this thread has consistently been the most toxic thread for over a decade.

You would think we just signed Deng/Mogsov again & Traded all our future picks while being capped out. THAT was a bad space to be in

We are heading into the summer with a nice young core, one of the best players in the league still & Open cap space and people are acting like we have no hope going forward. constantly overreacting.
its just the uncertainty that is coming with the FO
they've constantly been bad, made bad decisions and made things worse and worse lol

the current FO has like... 0% idea on wth they're doing

it has nothing to do with the cap. ZERO.

it's the culture. y'all need to look at a bigger picture. my goodness. the short term solution (lue) isn;t that great to begin with. he's not lebron's savior :lol:

EXACTLY, same people were just complaining about how Lue was just a prop to keep Lebron happy & be a puppet. Now there upset because we didn't overpay to keep that guy? :lol:

Again all these media "reports" of the Lakers FO has people in a frenzy as if we're in a helpless position. I saw more optimism out the fanbase & media when Mitch was in here wylin.

Now dudes want a sell of the franchise because Jeanie & Robb haven't been able to completely rebuild the Lakers into a contender in two seasons :lol:

Anthony Irwin from the Locked On Lakers podcast talks about this exact topic a lot. Obviously basketball is a capped sport so there are limitations on the amount of salary and talent you can have on your roster at once.

The Lakers issue is that they suck at the uncapped things (strength and conditioning, shooting coaches, paying top dollar for the best coaching staff money can buy, etc.) This is unacceptable seeing as the Lakers are one of the highest revenue-generating teams in the league and have a multi-billion-dollar deal with Spectrum

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom