**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Team is in shambles. But idk everyone pretty much got injured and we blew at least 10 games. Needa sign the suns trainer or Kobe Asian director.
Needa sign klay or kd for any hope.

55862934_331960137670791_2639973554544907907_n.jpg

If Lakers let Luke go, doubt it'd happpen, but would love to finally see Ettore Messina coach this team (esp with the success the previous Spurs' assistant coaches have had in Brett Brown, Kerr, Quin Snyder [Spurs GLeague])

Reading in the (trash) NBA thread that Sam Presti could be lured away to LA.

Thoughts?

I think the Lakers are capable of luring top management talent from any organization. Our main issue has been nepotism and cronyism within the organization. I don't think we've been conducting legitimate searches for coaches or front office personnel.

We just been going after former players, family members and Friends of the organization as opposed to just hiring the best people. Just look at our last couple of rounds of coaches, GMs and VPs of Basketball Operations.

I think the Lakers are capable of luring top management talent from any organization. Our main issue has been nepotism and cronyism within the organization. I don't think we've been conducting legitimate searches for coaches or front office personnel. We just been going after former players, family members and Friends of the organization as opposed to just hiring the best people.

Phil Jax
Rudy T
Mike Brown
Dantoni

They were not “family” when first hired. We tried repeatedly to lure Coach K back in the day as well as Calipari and Roy Williams. Even early 90s Dunleavy then Del Harris.......so it’s possible to hire from outside we’ve done it plenty before

Back
Top Bottom