**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

76p4nokmmqr21.jpg

Marco-Nunez.jpg

Was? Don't you mean is, unless you know he is gone soon.

Stats mean nothing in today's game, what are the win totals looking like. Plenty of players are in the playoffs with worse numbers. That is the BIGGEST problem with LeBron, he is stat driven. Oh I put up my 27/8/8, but then I mailed it in the rest of the game.

Stats mean nothing?

Stats mean nothing?
In today's game yup, 27/8/8 got LeBron what a trip fishing. Many former players have gone on record and said it is easy to get points on a bad team. Factor in LeBron is the primary ballhandler, playmaker, and leader that ain't ****. If he wants to go off for 20 in a half who does he have to fight for control of the ball? If he wants a rebound he can tell guys go down and be ready for the outlet pass.

In today's game yup, 27/8/8 got LeBron what a trip fishing. Many former players have gone on record and said it is easy to get points on a bad team. Factor in LeBron is the primary ballhandler, playmaker, and leader that ain't ****. If he wants to go off for 20 in a half who does he have to fight for control of the ball? If he wants a rebound he can tell guys go down and be ready for the outlet pass.

But the point is LeBron is putting up the same numbers on a bad team that he did on title teams. I'll admit that LeBron didn't have his best year, his defense was bad and his body language was worse but considering the fact that he was injured, all of our key guys missed at least 25 games and we were the worst shooting team in the league I'm not going to give him too much flak

The way all these talking heads & "media" dudes are handling the Lakers situation, i plan on acting a FOOL when we get back on track. Dudes are making it seem like this is the worst situation in sports history or something.

We are going into the offseason with a top 10 player, three extremly young players who have already have at the LEAST proven to be effective starters in the league, A lottery pick, all our picks going forward & 40+ Million in cap room. Any other front office is in that position they would get praise for it, we do it & suddenly we're an incompetent Org who can't do anything correct :lol:.

Dudes couldn't wait for LA's demise & it got even stronger once Bron signed.

I’ve been thinking, how can Lakers use this season as a pitch to any of the top free agents. A lot of LBJ’s criticism I have seen is if they are successful it’s because of LBJ, if they suck its his teammates. This season actually went opposite, all the blame went on LBJ for such a disappointing season. They’ll try and deflect it by saying injuries. On the court LBJ showed his stats were empty. Push this to the FA’s that you can come in turn the team around and they will get the praise and the keys will eventually be handed to them. It’s worth a shot they just need to believed LBJ can keep playing at a high level.

I’ve been thinking, how can Lakers use this season as a pitch to any of the top free agents. A lot of LBJ’s criticism I have seen is if they are successful it’s because of LBJ, if they suck its his teammates. This season actually went opposite, all the blame went on LBJ for such a disappointing season. They’ll try and deflect it by saying injuries. On the court LBJ showed his stats were empty. Push this to the FA’s that you can come in turn the team around and they will get the praise and the keys will eventually be handed to them. It’s worth a shot they just need to believed LBJ can keep playing at a high level.
Dude, are you guys still thinking we are actually signing anyone decent? Lol.

Just accept it. It’s not happening.

Here in this thread We criticize LeBron for the season but in the media in general they’ve always been blaming injuries and inexperience. I just heard LZ on ESPN talking about how LeBron has had his best stats in his whole career in the second half of the season so It can’t be his fault

Here in this thread We criticize LeBron for the season but in the media in general they’ve always been blaming injuries and inexperience. I just heard LZ on ESPN talking about how LeBron has had his best stats in his whole career in the second half of the season so It can’t be his fault

Yup we're in the minority. The media still driving the narrative that only reason we missed the playoffs is cause he got injured, disregarding that we were only a .500 team with him in the lineup. And all the advanced numbers reflect this was one of the worst seasons of his since his rookie season. Not to mention destroying the team chemistry with his fawning over AD.

I hope Magic & jeanie are still close because Magic is still someone who can help sell top FA's on the Lakers.

Also as bad as i do talk about Bron, our injuries are the only reason we missed the playoffs. with the chemistry issues & all. With that said this season may have just been a blessing in disguise, Management now knows that Just Lebron & small pieces aren't gonna get the job done. And no free agent that comes in will have to face the Lebron carried them to the championship talk considering he missed the playoffs with the same roster.

Like i am sold on KD heading to NY, but outside of that you can't write a better narrative for him to finally get the respect he deserves. Leaving the Warriors and possibly taking a Lebron led team that couldn't make the playoffs to actually beating GS the next year would be huge.

Yup we're in the minority. The media still driving the narrative that only reason we missed the playoffs is cause he got injured, disregarding that we were only a .500 team with him in the lineup. And all the advanced numbers reflect this was one of the worst seasons of his since his rookie season. Not to mention destroying the team chemistry with his fawning over AD.

Every LBJ hater mentions that we were .500 with him in the lineup and completely disregard where we were before he went down.

I’ve never been his biggest fan throughout his career but to simply ignore the fact that we were a 4th seed and trending up on Christmas Eve is doing him a massive disservice.

A few years ago I tore my achilles and it took me at least a year to get back to the player is was before the injury. If he comes back at full strength we will be fine (especially if KD heads East)

4th seed is true but the was hardly any separation at that point from 4 and below lol
but at that point i think lakers were like 6 games over .500?
something closer to a 50-game win pace?

needed at least 48 to be 8th seed tho lol
i think if no injuries AND no trade drama def would have been a different look

trade deadline was definitely handled poorly by all parties lol

4th seed is true but the was hardly any separation at that point from 4 and below lol
but at that point i think lakers were like 6 games over .500?
something closer to a 50-game win pace?

needed at least 48 to be 8th seed tho lol
i think if no injuries AND no trade drama def would have been a different look

trade deadline was definitely handled poorly by all parties lol

Nah man we supposed to pretend that Bron is Melo washed and forget the fact that he and 2 other starters missed a big chunk of the season.

Nah man we supposed to pretend that Bron is Melo washed and forget the fact that he and 2 other starters missed a big chunk of the season.
and that the young guys hate bron even tho Kuz said during the exit interview that he stuck close by him under his wing and Zo was positive as well lol

It’s a damn near shame that the 6ers rebuild was quicker than ours. Remember they were a laughing stock not to long ago, now boom.

Every LBJ hater mentions that we were .500 with him in the lineup and completely disregard where we were before he went down.

I’ve never been his biggest fan throughout his career but to simply ignore the fact that we were a 4th seed and trending up on Christmas Eve is doing him a massive disservice.

A few years ago I tore my achilles and it took me at least a year to get back to the player is was before the injury. If he comes back at full strength we will be fine (especially if KD heads East)

That's irrelevant. Clippers were also number 1 in the west at that point and we were 2 games outta 9th place.

Back
Top Bottom