**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

This thread...lol

The funny things is, I'm not even arguing whether he's a Superstar ot not, or will or won't be anymore...

I'm basically just seeing all the random whimsical criticisms like fire, and what not, just posting stats that place him around all the elite PGs they love, and sitting back. Rinse, wash, and repeat

Last edited:

Let's tweak the parameters a bit.

Out of all the guards (includes SG) in the NBA, that are in their 1st-5th year currently, how many average more than 15 points and 4 assists? Take those silly rebounding numbers out because we all know DLo isn't going to be measured on rebounding.

Russell

Lillard

Schroder
You sure? That's not what I'm getting on basketball reference when I enter that criteria. The list is a lot longer than 3 players. Tell me how you're doing it so I can see if I'm missing something here

http://www.basketball-reference.com...2val=4&c6mult=1.0&order_by=season#stats::none

Giannis who is listed as a SF, because that's what he is... But since now he's a PG... He makes 4.

Adding Giannis, doesn't help your argument though
Here's the thing though, there are others on that list in previous years such as Tony Wroten, Ty Lawson, O.J. Mayo, Jrue Holiday, Rodney Stuckey, Brandon Jennings, Randy Foye, Jameer Nelson, Devin Harris, Mo Williams, Monte Ellis, Kirk Hinrich, Aaron Brooks, Victor Oladipo, Reggie Jackson, Dennis Schroder who are putting up the same numbers are DLo.

Which means....what DLo is doing ain't nothing special. Just because he's one of four to average those numbers this year doesn't mean he's top notch by any means. Those stats are meaningless. 

As many superstars there are putting up those numbers, there are just as many average guards doing the same as evidenced by the aforementioned list of guards above.

At the end of the day, just because you're proving a point that DLo's numbers can belong with the elite, his numbers can also belong with the mediocre and average.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

Last edited:
Here's the thing though, there are others on that list in previous years such as Tony Wroten, Ty Lawson, O.J. Mayo, Jrue Holiday, Rodney Stuckey, Brandon Jennings, Randy Foye, Jameer Nelson, Devin Harris, Mo Williams, Monte Ellis, Kirk Hinrich, Aaron Brooks, Victor Oladipo, Reggie Jackson, Dennis Schroder who are putting up the same numbers are DLo.

Which means....what DLo is doing ain't nothing special. Just because he's one of four to average those numbers this year doesn't mean he's top notch by any means. Those stats are meaningless. 

As many superstars there are putting up those numbers, there are also average guards doing the same as evidenced by the aforementioned list of guards above.

Let's have more fun with...

http://www.basketball-reference.com...c3comp=lt&c3val=32&c6mult=1.0&order_by=season

15 & 4... First & Second Year... Less than 32 minutes per game

As many superstars there are putting up those numbers, there are also average guards doing the same as evidenced by the aforementioned list of guards above.

Let's have more fun with...

http://www.basketball-reference.com...c3comp=lt&c3val=32&c6mult=1.0&order_by=season

15 & 4... First & Second Year... Less than 32 minutes per game
Funny how you completely disregarded my comment and chose to skew your parameters even more in order to support your argument. 
laugh.gif

You ain't foolin' nobody but yourself young hustla

Why don't you do >/= 25 min per game and see what you come up with since we all know DLo has bum knees and Luke most likely being very careful with DLO's minutes because he don't want his young kid to blow his knees before he turns 22 lol

* Addendum:

Look what I found. There's not even enough space in one page to include all the guards since 2000 that averaged 15 ppg, 4 apg, while playing greater than or equal to 25 mpg LOL because damn near every healthy PG or SG can do it with ease.

Once again the same list of average players come up: Tony Wroten, Ty Lawson, O.J. Mayo, Jrue Holiday, Rodney Stuckey, Brandon Jennings, Randy Foye, Jameer Nelson, Devin Harris, Mo Williams, Monte Ellis, Kirk Hinrich, Aaron Brooks, Victor Oladipo, Reggie Jackson, Dennis Schroder. And then some - Jason Terry, Jamal Crawford, Andre Miller, Eric Bledsoe, and here's my favorite one....wait for it...

Nate Robinson...did I just say Nate Robinson?! 
laugh.gif

I can play that game too bro.

*Edit - my bad, the list above was 1st thru 5th year. But when I do 1st thru 2nd year, the list is still long. And guess what these players still appear on the list - Andre Miller, Kirk Hinrich, Jason Terry, Tyreke Evans, Brandon Jennings, Monta Ellis, Victor Oladipo, and Michael Carter-Williams - all players who are known to be nothing but average role players. 

End of story.

Last edited:

Funny how you completely disregarded my comment and chose to skew your parameters even more in order to support your argument. :lol:

Why don't you do > 32 min per game and see what you come up with since we all know DLo has bum knees and Luke most likely being very careful with DLO's minutes because he don't want his young kid to blow his knees before he turns 22 lol

And on your list of guys who are not great are hall of famers...

Let me ask you this...

If D'Angelo played 10 minutes MORE a game... (Which a lot of those guys needed 32+ minutes to match what he does in 26) Does D'Angelo Russell average 1.7 extra points and an extra .4 assist a game?

Which would put him at 17 & 5

It takes all of those guys off the list, but Tyreke Evans, and MCW.

This is 16 & 5

http://www.basketball-reference.com...c3comp=gt&c3val=20&c6mult=1.0&order_by=season

Of the 15 & 4 list since 1998-99

View media item 2288736

Last edited:

Funny how you completely disregarded my comment and chose to skew your parameters even more in order to support your argument. 
laugh.gif

Why don't you do > 32 min per game and see what you come up with since we all know DLo has bum knees and Luke most likely being very careful with DLO's minutes because he don't want his young kid to blow his knees before he turns 22 lol
And on your list of guys who are not great are hall of famers...

Let me ask you this...

If D'Angelo played 10 minutes MORE a game... (Which a lot of those guys needed 32+ minutes to match what he does in 26) Does D'Angelo Russell average 1.7 extra points and an extra .4 assist a game?

Which would put him at 17 & 5

It takes all of those guys off the list, but Tyreke Evans, and MCW.

This is 16 & 5

http://www.basketball-reference.com...c3comp=gt&c3val=20&c6mult=1.0&order_by=season

Of the 15 & 4 list since 1998-99
So are you saying that there is greater than 50% chance that DLo will be a Hall of Famer by simple virtue of him averaging 10 more min per game, 1.7 more points per game, and 0.4 more assists per game?

Does DLo have the same blow-by-you quickness, consistency, range, skill set, and overall ability that guys like Curry, Irving, Parker, Westbrook, and Wade displayed in their first two seasons?

Once again, these stats that you're compiling from your basketball bible don't mean much in the grand scheme of things because as @Lizaker4Lizife   has said so many times, Shareef Abdur Rahim, Corey Maggette, and Elton Brand put up crazy numbers as well.

Last edited:
No you dense dullard..

It's context... That there is a middle ground. You want to use that hey look Kirk Hinrich is on there when he played 36 minutes.... There's also HoF, perennial All Stars, and etc.

Again, all the intangibles talk, and what he DOESN'T have.. And he's still putting up numbers..

When you go 1st & 2nd year, which he's a 2nd year player.. There's 39 guys in a 17 year period.... 39 of them... That's a little over 2 a season...

And again 21 of those guys played 36 minutes or more.. Not a single one under 30, but Russell.

If he's slow, doesn't have the skill set, doesn't have drive, heart, ability to improve... You would expect that he'd be scoring 6 points a game, getting 2 assists.

And spare me the your gut tells you..... The list of intangibles guys who never pan out or just flat out stink, is long

Last edited:
No you dense dullard..

It's context... That there is a middle ground. You want to use that hey look Kirk Hinrich is on there when he played 36 minutes.... There's also HoF, perennial All Stars, and etc.

Again, all the intangibles talk, and what he DOESN'T have.. And he's still putting up numbers..

When you go 1st & 2nd year, which he's a 2nd year player.. There's 39 guys in a 17 year period.... 39 of them... That's a little over 2 a season...

And again 21 of those guys played 36 minutes or more.. Not a single one under 30, but Russell.

If he's slow, doesn't have the skill set, doesn't have drive, heart, ability to improve... You would expect that he'd be scoring 6 points a game, getting 2 assists.

And spare me the your gut tells you..... The list of intangibles guys who never pan out or just flat out stink, is long
So I see you've instead have resorted to name calling lol

Spare me the talk about context as we all know it can easily go both ways as evidenced by the endless list of average players on the findings. But why don't you tell me this: Aside from the stats, what separates average players from the elite players in the game of basketball?

Plus you still obviously don't get it. I NEVER ONCE SAID DLo was terrible therefore since he's slow, lacks a certain skill set, etc doesn't mean I'd expect him to be scoring 6 points per game, getting 2 assists like you so eloquently pointed out above. 

You clearly have NEVER played organized basketball let alone an ultra competitive individual sport such as martial arts or boxing against solid competition (and no, I'm not talking about your run-of-the-mill adult basketball league), because it's clear you understand nothing about intangibles, aka things you can't quantify that sometimes makes all the difference in the world and separates the best from the almost-good-enough-to-be-a-star.

Better yet, do you want to put your money where your mouth is and bet me a stack when I say DLo will NOT be a Hall of Famer when it's all said and done?!

Last edited:
I'm happy with the way they played again. D'lo and randle played well in the fourth, Portland got a couple of lucky bounces and back breaking 3s, we couldn't over come it.

If Ingram makes that corner 3 or randle holds on to the rebound it's a completely different game.

It takes time to learn how to win these games.

Trade Lou Will asap.

Check this out. Van Exel, the last Laker PG to be an All-Star, doesn't have much to say about DLo and looks like he doesn't think too highly of him while making some great points.

Then Watch This!

I doubt Russell can even match Nick the Quick in any aspect of the game, let alone top him. And Van Exel ain't even an ATG or perennial All-Star!

DLo ought to give Nick a phone call and learn a little thing or two on how to play like a boss.

Last edited:
Whats the consensus on Brandon Ingram so far?

It's been rough. But he'll be fine.

Pretty much how Randle's and Russell's first season went.
Ingram's happens to be particularly rough though. Lacks the body size and physicality to make up for it at the 3. But those 2 will go hand-in-hand for him, and eventually come.

Last edited:
The funny things is, I'm not even arguing whether he's a Superstar ot not, or will or won't be anymore...

I'm basically just seeing all the random whimsical criticisms like fire, and what not, just posting stats that place him around all the elite PGs they love, and sitting back. Rinse, wash, and repeat

Oh I'm with you.

You're wrong if you use stats.

You're wrong if you compare him to other players.

And apparently only one persons eye test matters around here now.

I have no clue what D.Lo did to that man,
But he needs counseling.

Whats the consensus on Brandon Ingram so far?
Mostly bad, but encouraging.

The tools for a really good player are there. Not sure I see the shooter that was projected while at Duke, but his feel for the game and ball skills are clearly visible. Just a matter of patience whille he gets stronger and polishes his skills.

Wait people still think Nance is better than Randle? :lol: I like Nance but he doesn't even want to be better than Randle, he's established himself as a fine role player

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom