**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

103-99, DLo back to back post up shots.

BI missed the 3,
Couldn't get the rebound on the Blazer miss
Randle fumbled the entry pass
Young started launching but off

Young team, young finish. Those are labor pains. They'll learn.

Not sure goin small worked much in the 4th. Initially yes, but we were hurtin on the glass. When BI gets stronger, that may alleviate some of it.

What would be a legit win total to have a chance to keep the pick?

25 should be fine. I'm pretty confident we'll be worst in the West. Comes down to Miami really. They always play hard unlike our guys so they'll be in games but they did just lose Winslow. Philly has also been playing better and should get Simmons in a few weeks apparently. Although even if we finish 4th I think luck will be on our side.

Dlo should have posted Dame up more ....the offence sometimes looks terrible like they just stand and watch the ball and when Ingram is in he seems to just be there and Not part of the offence
Because we decided to jack up 3s instead

What would be a legit win total to have a chance to keep the pick?

25 should be fine. I'm pretty confident we'll be worst in the West. Comes down to Miami really. They always play hard unlike our guys so they'll be in games but they did just lose Winslow. Philly has also been playing better and should get Simmons in a few weeks apparently. Although even if we finish 4th I think luck will be on our side.

These guys play hard every night man, come on. :smh:

Other than Magic, who was a leader at 20?
laugh.gif
LeBron, Jordan, Iverson, Isiah Thomas
Iverson was a leader ?
He was given the keys

Too much talent on this team to say it's d'lo so team
There is not a lot of talent on this team. This so-called "talent" is all based on perceived potential.

Just so you know, Isiah was NOT "given the keys."

During his rookie year in '81-82, he LED his team as the starting point guard to a 39-43 record on a team filled with young players that had no more than 5 years experience. This Lakers team has more veterans and potentially skilled players than the team Isiah LED in '81. Laimbeer was a rookie, The Microwave was a rookie. Kelly Tripucka was a rookie. Isiah was their clear cut leader and averaged 18 ppg and 8 asts and 2 steals and DET damn near made the playoffs.

Those 2 offensive foul and 1s taken from ingram was some bull.

The foul on Randle on McCollum 90 feet from basket would have made it a 4 point game.

They were going for 3s when they were down by 4.. should have gone to the rim.

Plumlee has that Matt harpring smugness that pisses you off.

Lou looked uninterested after he was benched.

Still only 4 games out of 8th seed

Other than Magic, who was a leader at 20?
laugh.gif
LeBron, Jordan, Iverson, Isiah Thomas
Nope on all of 'em. Stats does not make you a leader. Jordan and Iverson wasn't in the league at 20.
Jordan and Iverson were 21 their rookie years. Same difference since Russell is about to turn 21 but is in his SECOND FULL YEAR of NBA development.

Jordan was THE leader on the Bulls his rookie year and averaged 28 ppg en route to ROY honors. Bulls damn near made the playoffs.

Iverson was THE leader on the Sixers and although the Sixers won only 22 games his rookie year, AI already showed flashes of superstardom by averaging 24 ppg, damn near 8 assists and 2 steals on a team much worse on paper than these Lakers. Not to mention, Iverson had a motor matched pound for pound only by Westbrook.

Last edited:
Too many of us are spoiled as ****. No patience, no perspective. Think you can just put it in the microwave and out comes a championship team.

I don't know why talking about the draft. Y'all gon be crying to trade them too by year 2. :lol:

Nah these guys actually have star attributes already in different areas.

In college maybe. That's not gonna translate right away to the NBA. Are any of these dudes Lebron?

Eh we folded when things got heavy in there. Randle bugged out. Nick bugged out. DLo disappeared. Lou got bent over by Turner.
Luke over extending his rotations.

DLo played a decent game but he has to find it in himself to demand the ball. Step up and make the correct play. He should have bodied Dame in the low post. DLo is 6 foot freakin 5 inches. Dame is 6'1.

DLo must learn from this. Hoping he will. Sometimes you just born with that innate dog in you. Maybe he doesn't. Regardless if he wants to talk like he the man he then gotta realize he is the leader. There is my DLo critique. Besides that his game was good.

I am not mad at this game. That's a tough place to play. Even Kobe n Shaq had issues winning in that place. But still to give up a lead like that hurts.
I would say it comes with being a young team. But no excuses. Gotta keep banging it in their heads and making it uncomfortable for them.

No Kobe around to settle the team down and put the team on his back and the rock in his hands. Oh how I miss Bean.

Anyway they will learn. They will learn. GoLakers.

Last edited:
Too many of us are spoiled as ****. No patience, no perspective. Think you can just put it in the microwave and out comes a championship team.

I don't know why talking about the draft. Y'all gon be crying to trade them too by year 2.
laugh.gif

In college maybe. That's not gonna translate right away to the NBA. Are any of these dudes Lebron?
Monk and Johnson don't look like the next LeBron, but Fultz could very well be the next Lillard, Westbrook, Irving, or DRose

Now its the Lakers turn to go back to back just like the young Blazers did. The Blazers responded with a win against a non-playoff team in the Lakers.

Will the Lakers respond with a win against a non-playoff team in Miami tomorrow night?

PRIDE is in question once again.

You talk about "looks"
But isn't that the same as "perceived potential"

The same perceived potential that's on the current roster that you so quickly dismiss

Last edited:
:smh:

What happened to you man.

They're young, they're stupid, they get overmatched at times, but they die every night out there. You callin them lazy (by sayin they don't play hard every night) is just reckless. :smh:

So there have been no games this year where they've just mailed it in and not came out with any energy? Is that what you're telling me?

Last edited:

I don't know why talking about the draft. Y'all gon be crying to trade them too by year 2. :lol:

Monk and Johnson don't look like the next LeBron, but Fultz could very well be the next Lillard, Westbrook, Irving, or DRose

So let me ask if son is avg 15 and 4.5 in his second year then what?

You talk about "looks"
But isn't that the same as "perceived potential"

The same perceived potential that's on the current roster that you so quickly dismiss
There is nothing about "looks and hairstyle" that is remotely close to one's potential as a basketball player.

Whoever said Reggie was an idiot for saying we lost 8 straight, he was right. We've lost 8 straight to POR, now it's 9

Back
Top Bottom