**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Too many of us are spoiled as ****. No patience, no perspective. Think you can just put it in the microwave and out comes a championship team.

I don't know why talking about the draft. Y'all gon be crying to trade them too by year 2.
laugh.gif

Nah these guys actually have star attributes already in different areas.

In college maybe. That's not gonna translate right away to the NBA. Are any of these dudes Lebron?
Monk and Johnson don't look like the next LeBron, but Fultz could very well be the next Lillard, Westbrook, Irving, or DRose

So let me ask if son is avg 15 and 4.5 in his second year then what?
Then he's a bust, simple as that. Especially if Fultz is drafted in the top 3.

Top 3 picks are supposed to be major impact players. That's why they're drafted that high, because teams believe these are the best players in college basketball. And if they don't become stars or impact players, they are considered to have underachieved, no bones about it.

Last edited:
Now its the Lakers turn to go back to back just like the young Blazers did. The Blazers responded with a win against a non-playoff team in the Lakers.

Will the Lakers respond with a win against a non-playoff team in Miami tomorrow night?

PRIDE is in question once again.

If they lose against MIA, best believe they'll be blaming it on back to back in postgame interviews as they've done before. Excuses excuses

You talk about "looks"

But isn't that the same as "perceived potential"

The same perceived potential that's on the current roster that you so quickly dismiss
There is nothing about "looks and hairstyle" that is remotely close to one's potential as a basketball player.
my point
Your head
Naw bro, you still under. Because you forgot to mention the fact that there are OTHER REASONS why I criticize D'Angelo's play aside from his looks, flash, and Hollywood persona - lack of effort 100% of the time, lack of willingness to go by slower defenders, lack of energy, nonchalant play, taking plays off, lack of aggressiveness, etc etc.

Or did you simply choose to deliberately forget?! 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

And that's my point. No patience, no perspective. Somebody who you say can be the next Point Gawd, you wanna give up on him in his second year. That **** makes no sense.
laugh.gif
If rookie A.I. were on the Lakers, I wouldn't give up on him in only his second year. Why? Because he got the skillz, the fire, and the will to beat you to pay the billz. 

If 1981 Isiah Thomas were on these Lakers, would I give up on him in only his second year? Hell no, because Isiah was THE man as soon as he came into the league and proved it. Consistent as hell too. Did you watch how Isiah made opposing guards look silly night in night out as a rookie in '81-82? I sure did. Dude had mad game.

That's my perspective bro. I want STARS on these Lakers. And I'm gonna say it again, DLO aint' gonna be a Superstar. Y'all gonna see what I mean by 2019-2020. And if I'm wrong, I'll be the first one here to admit I was wrong. But I highly doubt that's gonna happen.

:smh:

What happened to you man.

They're young, they're stupid, they get overmatched at times, but they die every night out there. You callin them lazy (by sayin they don't play hard every night) is just reckless. :smh:

So there have been no games this year where they've just mailed it in and not came out with any energy? Is that what you're telling me?

No energy is not them not fighting hard every night.

Hell, Kobe/Phil squads had no energy on some nights and still fight.

Mailing it in is what they did with Byron. That's guys not even bothering to try.

They haven't done that at all. Bad games? Absolutely. Legs not 100? Absolutely.

"Mailed" it in? Absolutely not, no.

Hold up why are we comparing these guys to A.I. Michael Jordan and Isiah Thomas?!!!!!
Those players only come around like 1nce every 20 years lmaoooo
Y'all are mad in here lol

Context because these discussions lack so much context

Out of all the guards (includes SG) in the NBA... That are in their 1st - 5th year currently..

Only 3 average 15/3/4..

Lillard, Schroder & Russell...

Move it to 6 years, it's 6 guys.... Lillard, Schroder, Russell, Kyrie, Kemba & Jimmy Butler

Last edited:
Hold up why are we comparing these guys to A.I. Michael Jordan and Isiah Thomas?!!!!!
If you go a couple pages back, dude asked us to name a player who was a leader at the age of 20 aside from Magic, seemingly in an effort to defend DLo from his critics since we seem to be placing high expectations on the number two pick to play like the star that a lot of people think he will be.

Last edited:
Context because these discussions lack so much context

Out of all the guards (includes SG) in the NBA... That are in their 1st - 5th year currently..

Only 3 average 15/3/4..

Lillard, Schroder & Russell...

Move it to 6 years, it's 6 guys.... Lillard, Schroder, Russell, Kyrie, Kemba & Jimmy Butler
Let's tweak the parameters a bit.

Out of all the guards (includes SG) in the NBA, that are in their 1st-5th year currently, how many average more than 15 points and 4 assists? Take those silly rebounding numbers out because we all know DLo isn't going to be measured on rebounding.

Out of all the guards (includes SG) in the NBA, that are in their 1st-5th year currently, how many average more than 15 points and 4 assists? Take those silly rebounding numbers out because we all know DLo isn't going to be measured on rebounding.

Russell
Lillard
Schroder

And that's my point. No patience, no perspective. Somebody who you say can be the next Point Gawd, you wanna give up on him in his second year. That **** makes no sense. :lol:

If rookie A.I. were on the Lakers, I wouldn't give up on him in only his second year. Why? Because he got the skillz, the fire, and the will to beat you to pay the billz. 

If 1981 Isiah Thomas were on these Lakers, would I give up on him in only his second year? Hell no, because Isiah was THE man as soon as he came into the league and proved it. Consistent as hell too. Did you watch how Isiah made opposing guards look silly night in night out as a rookie in '81-82? I sure did. Dude had mad game.

That's my perspective bro. I want STARS on these Lakers. And I'm gonna say it again, DLO aint' gonna be a Superstar. Y'all gonna see what I mean by 2019-2020. And if I'm wrong, I'll be the first one here to admit I was wrong. But I highly doubt that's gonna happen.

Aight man. Just let us know when this next AI/Zeke arrives. :lol:

Yes!! And if players are not superstars and leaders at 20 years old they're bust!!

Last edited:
If you go a couple pages back, dude asked us to name a player who was a leader at the age of 20 aside from Magic, seemingly in an effort to defend DLo from his critics since we seem to be placing high expectations on the number two pick to play like the star that a lot of people think he will be.
Naaah. With High Drafting comes High Responsibility. That's known. I personally don't think he has a problem with the pressure. I just think his game and overall personality is really laid back. Which ain't gonna fly too long. It bleeds into certain parts of his game. But I'm not gonna fault him for that. He has been trying. I just don't think people has much patience since he went #2.
If he was a #5 pick no one would care. Comes with the territory.

No energy is not them not fighting hard every night.

Hell, Kobe/Phil squads had no energy on some nights and still fight.

Mailing it in is what they did with Byron. That's guys not even bothering to try.

They haven't done that at all. Bad games? Absolutely. Legs not 100? Absolutely.

"Mailed" it in? Absolutely not, no.

OK man you got it. I must have imagined all those times where specifically the starters came out with no effort or energy this season. The bench for the most part I'll concede has brought it every night. They hungry.

Again with the stats
Shareef abdur rahim put up numbers too

Results

Sports are results driven

Stats are the measurements of those results.

Again, we go back to all the "he doesn't have this, he doesn't have that." "he doesn't have the fire." "he's coasting" "he's lazy" "he doesn't care."

All of that.

And he's doing something only 3 guys who are 5 years or less are doing in the guard positions right now.... Schroder is in his 4th, Lillard is in his 5th.

Russell
Lillard
Schroder
You sure? That's not what I'm getting on basketball reference when I enter that criteria. The list is a lot longer than 3 players. Tell me how you're doing it so I can see if I'm missing something here

What were the results of Shareefs stats? Or Elton brand? Corey maggette? Or whoever else who put up numbers and got buckets

Just because Hollywood is getting points doesn't mean he's going to be some elite franchise superstar

Last edited:
What were the results of Shareefs stats? Or Elton brand? Corey maggette? Or whoever else who put up numbers and got buckets

Just because Hollywood is getting points doesn't mean he's going to be some elite franchise superstar
I keep saying this each and every day to people who don't understand INTANGIBLES.

Stats are not the be-all and end-all which determine and separate the stars from the almost-stars.

Russell

Lillard

Schroder

You sure? That's not what I'm getting on basketball reference when I enter that criteria. The list is a lot longer than 3 players. Tell me how you're doing it so I can see if I'm missing something here

View media item 2288732

http://www.basketball-reference.com...2val=4&c6mult=1.0&order_by=season#stats::none

Giannis who is listed as a SF, because that's what he is... But since now he's a PG... He makes 4.

Adding Giannis, doesn't help your argument though

Doesn't mean he will be bust either...

Back
Top Bottom