**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Man going to need a big game from Kuz and Zo to really attack the basket. The biggest thing though is Josh Hart can't fall victim to Harden's antics. Move your feet, move your feet.
It really don't matter how you guard him at this point. If he's gonna lock arms with dudes and fall to the ground after every 3 attempt, travel on his step backs it all comes down to if the refs fall for it.

It really don't matter how you guard him at this point. If he's gonna lock arms with dudes and fall to the ground after every 3 attempt, travel on his step backs it all comes down to if the refs fall for it.
Sigh and they fall for it every time. Unless it is Kuz or Hart getting mauled going to the hole
DwC73noU0AAryhm.jpg

Can’t hate on Zo. He played great last night and deserves a ton of credit for that win

But I go back to his mechanics and being off balance when he shoots. He’s going to have games like that where he throws the ball up and it goes straight into the hoop like that. Then he’s going to have a bunch of games where he clanks everything. Can’t be consistent with those mechanics. That’s why we see 4-5 games of 1-6, 2-7, 0-5 from 3 then a game where he’s 4-7.

Hopefully that can be addressed in the offseason along with his jumping to pass and picking up his dribble way too soon on many possessions. Needs to keep that dribble alive, maybe a better handle and confidence in his handles will allow him to keep dribbling and not picking it up too soon and getting rid of the ball
Zo will definitely improve. In fact we’ve seen Zo improve tremendously in just one year. It wasn’t long ago when Zo was airballing consistently or hitting hard off the glass on the side of the rim, or hitting back iron with so much velocity on the ball (still true of his free throws lmao)

While those bad misses still occur at times, it’s far less than before. His misses are usually on line just either short or long. Since he’s not jumping forward as much his velocity is much more reasonable.

I also think him focusing on external cues has helped as well. I know miles keeps reiterating to Zo to focus on the hooks at the back of the rim when he shoots. When Zo focuses on that he doesn’t worry about his mechanics and his shot is more fluid.. but when he has time I think he slows down and thinks too much.. just need him to shoot in rhythm

But overall I think his confidence has improved and mechanically he has definitely improved. 30% -> 33% is a solid improvement in one year considering he didn’t shoot in the offseason. With proper coaching I think he’ll continue to improve

Losing LeBron and losing Capella are NOT the same thing.
Please if you need that explained to you... I don't know what to say.

Gordon played their last game and dropped 20 But your point is well taken

We all understand that. No one is arguing that losing Capella and Lebron are equal. What I'm saying is that the Rockets will be without Capella, CP3 and maybe Eric Gordon (who left last game with an injury)

We're missing our best player and the Rockets are missing 3 out of their top 4 players.

I was going to post this yesterday but didnt get a chance too. After last nights game I think it makes more sense.

Attachments

• LALTrade.JPG
    LALTrade.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 37
This!!!

CP3 and Capella make a big difference though.

Just look at the nets game, Harden had 58/6/10 and they lost. Harden is going to get his.

I think if we can keep the role players from going off and then rebound the ball (jarret Allen had 24 rebounds)

Rockets def winnable, just let Harden drive and don't foul him too much...
Easy enough formula teams realized the keys to win YEARS ago with Jordan. Let him get off, and don't let anyone else beat you.
But harden>> Kuzma, Ingram and ball combined
Man remember when the youngster went head to head with Harden last year in that game.

Reactions: DLF
Just posting this again to everyone who ready to quit on Ingram, Not to say he's guaranteed to be this caliber of player. But just to showcase how inconsistent young players are & ingram is the youngest of them all.

Ingram Comparisons.PNG

I still think Ingram is gonna be really good. This is probably his most schizophrenic season tho. Usually makes linear progress as the year goes on. He's starting to understand that he doesn't have to force his shot too much, just needs to work on the balance between scoring/playmaking. I felt like he was so focused on passing early last game that it kinda made him cold when he decided to look for his own offense

I still think Ingram is gonna be really good. This is probably his most schizophrenic season tho. Usually makes linear progress as the year goes on. He's starting to understand that he doesn't have to force his shot too much, just needs to work on the balance between scoring/playmaking. I felt like he was so focused on passing early last game that it kinda made him cold when he decided to look for his own offense

The tools are there, the work ethic is there, and he's already on a nice pace. to me the difference between him becoming a perennial AS or just a borderline guy comes down to him knocking down that three, simply because it would make him unstoppable getting to the basket. When he has a running start/clearer lane Ingram finishes really well..

His issues at the basket come when a defender sags off a bit and meets him at the rim on an Iso.

Just posting this again to everyone who ready to quit on Ingram, Not to say he's guaranteed to be this caliber of player. But just to showcase how inconsistent young players are & ingram is the youngest of them all.

Ingram Comparisons.PNG
The ship has sailed for me on Ingram if dude is here for the long haul just make better decisions with the ball.

“It's my fault he hit the free throws, so maybe I should've fouled him a little earlier," Ball said. "But I had to just wash it off. Told my teammates I got them for the next five minutes, and I feel like I did pretty good."

Indeed, Ball led all scorers in overtime with five points as the Lakers pounded the Thunder 16-6”

Can you imagine losing AD and telling your fan base we got Gasol and Ingram? :lol: Y’all wylin

I mean if he really wants out of there this isnt a bad trade. Gasol isnt a bum and we all know the potential of Ingram.I'd throw in a pick if sweetens the deal.

Back
Top Bottom