**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

ksjynv6ch4b21.png

d9dn2wvba5b21.png

Just curious you know LeBron is going to be a shell of himself in year 3 and 4 right. He might even be holding the team back at that point. I don't understand the people rejoicing him signing a 3 year deal when he is already slowing down. His defense is, well no need harping on that. He takes off games now and quits on occasion, he isn't going to play harder later in his career. The window probably closes after next year and the last year on contract is just an easy payday.
what was the question? anyway, my thoughts on that is... LeBron hasn't slowed down. He's playing at a very high level right now
in the fewest minutes in years. We all know Bron only defends during the 2nd round of the playoffs...

also... the ups and downs of the posts on this thread is actually funny.
KEEP THAT SAME ENERGY BOYS. Ya'll flip flopping out here.

what was the question? anyway, my thoughts on that is... LeBron hasn't slowed down. He's playing at a very high level right now
in the fewest minutes in years. We all know Bron only defends during the 2nd round of the playoffs...

also... the ups and downs of the posts on this thread is actually funny.
KEEP THAT SAME ENERGY BOYS. Ya'll flip flopping out here.
Their wasn't a question in that post, I simply stated that he will be a shell of himself in 3/4 years. Actually he has slowed down quite a bit, I am unsure how you can honestly believe that.

You need to make the playoffs first before getting to the second round correct. The team has to make the playoffs first let along get a favorable first round opponent. My energy never changes I am not a blind Lebron fan boy however I am not a hater either. I call a spade a spade win or loose.

Their wasn't a question in that post, I simply stated that he will be a shell of himself in 3/4 years. Actually he has slowed down quite a bit, I am unsure how you can honestly believe that.

You need to make the playoffs first before getting to the second round correct. The team has to make the playoffs first let along get a favorable first round opponent. My energy never changes I am not a blind Lebron fan boy however I am not a hater either. I call a spade a spade win or loose.

HOW HAS LEBRON SLOWED DOWN. Even if LeBron played the last 10 games that wouldn't guarantee wins or a playoff spot. when he comes
back in 1 week or 2 fully healthy then we'll be fine. Are you seriously worried we won't make the 8th seed?

HOW HAS LEBRON SLOWED DOWN. Even if LeBron played the last 10 games that wouldn't guarantee wins or a playoff spot. when he comes
back in 1 week or 2 fully healthy then we'll be fine. Are you seriously worried we won't make the 8th seed?
So the LeBron playing in a Laker uniform is at the same level as this Lebron.
th07RVJIUF.jpg
You just said yourself he only plays defense in the 2nd round. I guess he never played lock down defense during the season? That is slowing down. Yes I am worried we won't make the playoffs until the final game of the season. Nothing is a definite until then.

I kept my promise of not watching this team until Lebron gets back, seems like I missed a good one :lol:. We lose to Cavs and Knicks at home and beat the Warriors and Thunder on the road. This team makes no sense, but if you're shooting 48% from three you're gonna be a tough team to beat.

So the LeBron playing in a Laker uniform is at the same level as this Lebron.
th07RVJIUF.jpg
You just said yourself he only plays defense in the 2nd round. I guess he never played lock down defense during the season? That is slowing down. Yes I am worried we won't make the playoffs until the final game of the season. Nothing is a definite until then.
Bron hasn't played D during the season for YEARS so that's a moot point.
If you look at his stats too, he's playing at a very high level with less minutes and higher efficiency than
past years...
So yes, the answer is yes, Laker bron might be better than Heat bron. Got a consistent 3ball, plays less minutes and shoots
more efficiently. He might be slower and jumps lower... but 1998 MJ is better than 88 MJ. Think about it fam.
Wade-Cut-His-Eye.gif

Can’t hate on Zo. He played great last night and deserves a ton of credit for that win

But I go back to his mechanics and being off balance when he shoots. He’s going to have games like that where he throws the ball up and it goes straight into the hoop like that. Then he’s going to have a bunch of games where he clanks everything. Can’t be consistent with those mechanics. That’s why we see 4-5 games of 1-6, 2-7, 0-5 from 3 then a game where he’s 4-7.

Hopefully that can be addressed in the offseason along with his jumping to pass and picking up his dribble way too soon on many possessions. Needs to keep that dribble alive, maybe a better handle and confidence in his handles will allow him to keep dribbling and not picking it up too soon and getting rid of the ball

Can’t hate on Zo. He played great last night and deserves a ton of credit for that win

But I go back to his mechanics and being off balance when he shoots. He’s going to have games like that where he throws the ball up and it goes straight into the hoop like that. Then he’s going to have a bunch of games where he clanks everything. Can’t be consistent with those mechanics. That’s why we see 4-5 games of 1-6, 2-7, 0-5 from 3 then a game where he’s 4-7.

Hopefully that can be addressed in the offseason along with his jumping to pass and picking up his dribble way too soon on many possessions. Needs to keep that dribble alive, maybe a better handle and confidence in his handles will allow him to keep dribbling and not picking it up too soon and getting rid of the ball
we always fail to see that these kids will improve. Zo will have a better shot. Your points are all valid, but they are easy fixes.
Think about this, he can shoot now, what more in 2 years.

Bron hasn't played D during the season for YEARS so that's a moot point.
If you look at his stats too, he's playing at a very high level with less minutes and higher efficiency than
past years...
So yes, the answer is yes, Laker bron might be better than Heat bron. Got a consistent 3ball, plays less minutes and shoots
more efficiently. He might be slower and jumps lower... but 1998 MJ is better than 88 MJ. Think about it fam.
Defense is part of the game, his defensive win shares is the lowest of any season. Interesting enough this season he also has the lowest offensive win share of his career.

I kept my promise of not watching this team until Lebron gets back, seems like I missed a good one :lol:. We lose to Cavs and Knicks at home and beat the Warriors and Thunder on the road. This team makes no sense, but if you're shooting 48% from three you're gonna be a tough team to beat.
I turned the game off when we got down 15. Then checked the score at half time we was up 67-63 and cut it back on. :lol:

are you sure it's part of the game?
GNjq.gif

OilyImmaculateCurlew.gif
MAN don't even get me started on that dude. I get incensed every time I see him. Especially when I see him getting 20 foul shots a game, his flopping. Him going for 50 and trying to compare it to Kobe's stretch back in the day.

MAN don't even get me started on that dude. I get incensed every time I see him. Especially when I see him getting 20 foul shots a game, his flopping. Him going for 50 and trying to compare it to Kobe's stretch back in the day.
at least HE DOESN'T TRAVEL every step back three...
my point is, Harden is a solid MVP candidate and HE WON IT LAST YEAR.
It's just a different league man... If it wasn't Kawhi and PG will win MVP every year.

Rockets game is definitely win-able

Warriors game can be too, If boogie throws them off. Bron is hopefully back that game though :nerd:

Watching Harden snap his head back on every slight brush of his skin makes me nauseous.
Man going to need a big game from Kuz and Zo to really attack the basket. The biggest thing though is Josh Hart can't fall victim to Harden's antics. Move your feet, move your feet.

Warriors game can be too, If boogie throws them off. Bron is hopefully back that game though :nerd:

Interested to see whether we're going to play defense with our hands behind our backs again.

It seems like the review process is so backward ***, with such easy fixes. Last 2 mins of the game lets review calls that can tip the winner of the game. If you are down 20 with 1 minute to go fine no replays, but down 3 and you trying to decide where contact happened. Go to the replay just to be 100% sure, true it will slow the game but hell you are just going to charge advertisers anyway. Also I think they need a fourth referee because to many times 3 get caught looking elsewhere and miss something. 3 should be mandatory though, they keep saying how fast pace the game is yet only running with 3 sometimes 2 refs.

Rockets are without Capella, CP3 and Gordon and were without Lebron and Rondo. We can't complain about missing Lebron.

Back
Top Bottom