**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Zo hasn’t completed his second year yet so that’s why I said the “makings”

Dipo was miles ahead of Zo at this point so no I wouldn’t have said that

Rookie Year All Rookie 1st Team
2nd year put up 18 ppg

Stop it
Wasn't comparing him to Zo. You brought up busts that were picked at #2. Dipo wasn't seen as a future all star after his 1st yr. He was a shooting 41%.

Some guys take time. I get why some of yall want him gone but there are reasons to be optimistic.

Y'all so damn hung up on what pick he was instead of what his actual role is. He's the Draymond of this team. Kuz and Ingram are the scorers. Everybody can't be the bucket getter. Does he have improvement to make offensively of course but everything else is at a high level.
Exactly my point Draymond was a 2nd round pick that lucked up into a great situation due to David Lee injuries

Draymond was drafted accordingly (Role player)
Lonzo was the #2 pick (Superstar Potential)

Wasn't comparing him to Zo. You brought up busts that were picked at #2. Dipo wasn't seen as a future all star after his 1st yr. He was a shooting 41%.

Some guys take time. I get why some of yall want him gone but there are reasons to be optimistic.
U said 2nd year initially tho...
Now u saying 1st year

Exactly i don't think Zo is ever gonna be a guy who gets more than 15 ppg. but dudes skill set doesn't revolve around scoring the ball.

Reactions: MVP
Exactly my point Draymond was a 2nd round pick that lucked up into a great situation due to David Lee injuries

Draymond was drafted accordingly (Role player)
Lonzo was the #2 pick (Superstar Potential)

If people expected Draymond to be what he has turned out to be.... he would have been picked top three that year easily tho. Nobody fathomed that green would do that much, people are saying things Like PG Draymond Green as a slight to Zo & i just don't get the logic.

Reactions: DLF
TartPeriodicAgama-size_restricted.gif

If people expected Draymond to be what he has turned out to be.... he would have been picked top three that year easily tho. Nobody fathomed that green would do that much, people are saying things Like PG Draymond Green as a slight to Zo & i just don't get the logic.

Draymond would be top 5 in a redraft.

AD, Beal, Dame, maybe Drummond before him. These dummies in here that expected Zo to be some dynamic scorer didn't watch him in college at all is all I ever gather.

Outside of Tatum (who'd be redundant with Kuz) and maybe Fox there's nobody from Zo's class I'm taking on a winning team.

I don’t watch college b-ball. Nor do I need to. You’re absolutely right Zo is a trash scorer just like in college, so what? What I care about is my team drafting someone at #2 in a PG-rich draft in 2017 who can’t score. Yes he’s just who you thought he was. Congrats.

Draymond would be top 5 in a redraft.

AD, Beal, Dame, maybe Drummond before him. These dummies in here that expected Zo to be some dynamic scorer didn't watch him in college at all is all I ever gather.

Outside of Tatum (who'd be redundant with Kuz) and maybe Fox there's nobody from Zo's class I'm taking on a winning team.
No i expected him to be what he was drafted to be a dynamic PG isn’t that what he was described as?

He’s Andre Robertson with passing ability from what I’m gathering?

Plays great D doesn’t need to score to make an impact same way people described players like Tony Allen aka Role Players
drafted late 1st early 2nd

Well One People described them as that 5-6 years into their career.

Secondly Zo Does most other things ont he floor well outside of shooting the ball, & despite his shooting struggles he is still WAY more impactful on offense than someone like Roberson or TA.

Well One People described them as that 5-6 years into their career.

Secondly Zo Does most other things ont he floor well outside of shooting the ball, & despite his shooting struggles he is still WAY more impactful on offense than someone like Roberson or TA.
No people described them as that from jump

Tony Allen has always been a role player that could’nt score same with Andre

No i expected him to be what he was drafted to be a dynamic PG isn’t that what he was described as?

He’s Andre Robertson with passing ability from what I’m gathering?

Plays great D doesn’t need to score to make an impact same way people described players like Tony Allen aka Role Players
drafted late 1st early 2nd

He was described as Jason Kidd coming in. Kidd wouldn't be dynamic by today's standards of score first PGs (Westbrook, Curry, Dame). Again y'all expecting an entirely different player.

Y'all continue to be enamored by ppg. I'll get enamored by the Ws we continue to put up when he plays.

Win or lose, every day:

- a young player isn’t playing well enough and needs to be shipped out ASAP.
- one young player is better than another young player and that player needs to start / be benched
- why didn’t we keep Julius and Lopez :frown:
- why did we sign KCP ommmmggg
- lets trade KCP for Ariza
- BI sucks lets trade him for Anthony Davis

Y’all just like to be mad.

He was described as Jason Kidd coming in. Kidd wouldn't be dynamic by today's standards of score first PGs (Westbrook, Curry, Dame). Again y'all expecting an entirely different player.

Y'all continue to be enamored by ppg. I'll get enamored by the Ws we continue to put up when he plays.
Kidd was a dynamic PG I didn’t say score first PG I wasn’t expecting that from Zo

Hell I don’t even see the dynamic passing ability from Zo on a nightly basis all y’all talk about is Defense

People don't care about this though, unless he shoots like Korver he a bust.

Again with the hyperbole :rofl:

Bruh why is it so unreasonable to think Lonzo shouldn’t be TRASH at putting the ball in the basket.

No one is saying he needs to have Devin Booker scoring ability

Zo is mad polarizing :lol:

The funny thing is he probably has the worst trade value of all the laker young assets right now so he ain’t going nowhere anytime soon.

We’ve had plenty of wins with Zo being a negative +/- and with him being benched in the 4th. So please stop the misinformation

And we don’t want Korver. How bout just a guard who is better than 8 ppg on 38% shooting and 56% FTs in 28 minutes?

We’ve had plenty of wins with Zo being a negative +/- and with him being benched in the 4th. So please stop the misinformation

And we don’t want Korver. How bout just a guard who is better than 8 ppg on 38% shooting and 56% FTs in 28 minutes?

How about We Get a Guard Like Clarkson who can give you 17 on 45% shooting & 80% from three, yet will stagnate the offense & give up 20 on the other end. I posted this in the NBA thread & Clarkson though his first three years has damn near IDENTICAL stats to Jamal Murray.

However you let some people tell the Story Murray is an up & coming AS with tons of potential & Lonzo is a bust. What ya'll want is an Elite PG in their second year, Lonzo is no further behind then most of the other young PG's in the game who can score on DECENT efficiency & play NO defense.

Back
Top Bottom