**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

It's night and day with him on the court, he has a steadier floater when he attacks decisively, he has a better and more controlled
step back even from mid range. The truth is, we don't need him to score, we just need him to be aggressive and then read how
the defense reacts. He's been getting better at that.

kyle-lowry-box-score_agxtqa.jpg

the box score is important, but we all know that don't tell the full story.

If you think Zo hasn't been playing well, I'm not sure what you guys expect to see exactly.

I just can’t say someone is playing well when they shooting 33% over a 7 game span with about 10 attempts per game

I get it he plays D. That’s a big plus but this is the Lakers; we should expect more. Expect greatness from a #2 pick

I know what you're trying convey, it's just repetitive (and rightfully so) to continuously point out
what's wrong with his play when he's out there making guys play well and playing hard himself.

He will get there eventually, I know with LeBron everything is rushed but Zo will get there.

I'll take what Lonzo is giving right now. He's not looking as timid and his defense as been great. Defense can never take a night off and he's been consistent at that for sure.

expecting Zo to get buckets will thoroughly disappoint you and only looking through an offensive lens to
assess his play is futile at least at this point. We all know he's a work in progress in that department, but
he's been moving without the ball well and has been a lot more confident. Defense is fantastic.

You guys can stay checking his shots, the boy will get there eventually but it's gonna be a slow burn. It's
going to take another 2 seasons but he's definitely shown major improvement even in his offense. Stats
may not show, but he's looked significantly better on the court.

I'm not expecting him to become Curry, I'm just asking him not blow wide open layups. He doesn't shoot with confidence. You can tell that he doesn't think his shots are going in.

Two times last night he passed up wide open layups. Multiple times he played hot potato with it and quickly passes to Lebron and Kuz when he could’ve shot or drove. I don’t see the confidence in himself that some other youngsters have in the league. I know he is in his head you can just see it

I'm not expecting him to become Curry, I'm just asking him not blow wide open layups. He doesn't shoot with confidence. You can tell that he doesn't think his shots are going in.
I agree with all this, but I don't know what to tell if you don't think he's improved at least in the past week.
Kid don't stop either, he will shoot that next shot, he will try for another layup, that's why I'm confident he'll
get to where we need him to be. He's basically starting the season just now without training camp, I'm not
making excuses but I'm also not going to take it against his current play.

How many seasons we giving Zo?
I've said 4 last season,I'm sticking to that.

True as well, he's in his head. But if you're in his place... I don't think a lot of people can function 100%.
If he doesn't settle in by Feb-March... that's a problem.

I just don't get how ya'll ahve sat through all of these draft picks we've had & yet to realize that young players take time to develop
Some do and some don’t it’s always been that way...

Zo has the makings of a “bust” at #2

Beasley
Marv Williams
MKG

Is Zo not in this area as a #2 pick?

Some do and some don’t it’s always been that way...

Zo has the makings of a “bust” at #2

Beasley
Marv Williams
MKG

Is Zo not in this area as a #2 pick?

25 games into his second year? No he's not in this area. Also he's a much better all around player than all three of those guys already.

Reactions: God
apparently it'll take him 3 years to not have the worst shooting percentage in the league. At this pace, by year 8 he'll be a league average shooter.
Gary Payton had to go to summer league his third year bc his shot was so bad. Lonzo couldn’t take jumpers all summer bc of his knee. Those 3 months of working on your shot has been huge for a lot of guys and he hasn’t had that opportunity yet. It may take him longer than others. Or he may never get it. We shall see.

Im not saying Lonzo will have curry like impact but just pulled up articles from 2011 and 2012 that talked about trading curry and what warriors need to look into for potential trades

One blog boy suggested Rubio for curry. Another, josh smith for curry and bidrens.

Remember Klay for Love?

Management needs to see 2 steps ahead for teams to be successful. Not sure we have such management, ours is more Trump-esque. Now Danny Ainge, he sees 3 steps ahead. Getting a good young coach, drafting well (even moving back to get best player), avoiding a jimmy butler trade (see Minnesota) etc. sure it could all be for naught as nothing is guaranteed but these are the minor moves that can make or break you.

Let’s see if D’lo and Randle end up being mistakes. Mitch and jimmy boy already used up all their future seeing abilities towards the end of their tenure - handing out big deals to mozgov and Deng. Then not drafting porzingis (rewatch his damn workout!). Etc etc. Of course hindsight is 20/20 but let’s hope we stay patient this year, see what we got. Sign another star and determine if we can trade for another 2nd tier player without giving up everyone on the roster (remember cousins was got for hield and a pick in the teens)

Gary Payton had to go to summer league his third year bc his shot was so bad. Lonzo couldn’t take jumpers all summer bc of his knee. Those 3 months of working on your shot has been huge for a lot of guys and he hasn’t had that opportunity yet. It may take him longer than others. Or he may never get it. We shall see.
Yup, him not having this past summer to work on his game really sucks. He's being more aggressive so the mentality is there but he just hasn't been able to convert. He was able to lift weights so his upper body is stronger but his legs haven't caught up yet.

Just hope this doesn't kill his confidence, he's definitely second guessing himself right now.

Zo is fine. When he plays we win. Again had the highest +/- on the team last night. He impacts the game without scoring.

Would you have had Oladipo on that list after his 2nd year?
Zo hasn’t completed his second year yet so that’s why I said the “makings”

Dipo was miles ahead of Zo at this point so no I wouldn’t have said that

Rookie Year All Rookie 1st Team
2nd year put up 18 ppg

Stop it

Zo does a lot to impact the game but his lack of offense has a negative impact
You do understand that when he gets an assist from fast break or when he passes to to a guy who passes it to another guy that scores (a stat not recorded but usually wouldn’t happen without initial pass) that’s called “impacting the game offensively”

yall need to relax

kuzma almost 2 and a half years older than ball and ingram

he should be better than both of those guys who extensively have already had injuries happen to them

its like you guys just NEED somebody to hate and blame on your team

instead talking about our other players playing great you like to dwell on the negative

please save that for when we lose

You do understand that when he gets an assist from fast break or when he passes to to a guy who passes it to another guy that scores (a stat not recorded but usually wouldn’t happen without initial pass) that’s called “impacting the game offensively”

Right. And when he does goofy **** instead of making wide open layups, that has a negative impact. He's able to contribute in spite of his lackluster offense, but that doesn't mean it's ok

Back
Top Bottom