**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Ain't got the energy for more Lonzo debate

hubie.png

People don't care about this though, unless he shoots like Korver he a bust.
we shouldn’t settle with this version of zo and cite winning as an excuse for his inefficacy when lebron is practically the biggest reason we’re winning in the first place.

he’s not that far away from being an all nba caliber player but the kid’s flaws are glaring. 45/35/70 split isn’t too much to ask for a starting PG contending in the west.

Two completely different eras

In which era is winning become not relevant. And who of these 'dynamic PGs' (y'all really mean score first) have equated to so much success besides Steph Curry and Kyrie?

In which era is winning become not relevant. And who of these 'dynamic PGs' (y'all really mean score first) have equated to so much success besides Steph Curry and Kyrie?

Dawg, your whole premise is based on an assumption that we’re winning because Zo is playing. It’s a team sport, his defense is a factor though.

we shouldn’t settle with this version of zo and cite winning as an excuse for his inefficacy when lebron is practically the biggest reason we’re winning in the first place.

he’s not that far away from being an all nba caliber player but the kid’s flaws are glaring. 45/35/70 split isn’t too much to ask for a starting PG contending in the west.

He was worse efficiency wise last season yet the team was significantly better when he played vs when he didn't.

Dawg, your whole premise is based on an assumption that we’re winning because Zo is playing. It’s a team sport, his defense is a factor though.

Never been the premise whatsoever. I've consistently said we've been better when he laid more and the numbers bear it out.

Well technically his 2nd season starts later this week so we'll see.

I like Zo but that’s a wild statement lol

Might as well say his 2nd season doesn’t start til next October cuz he didn’t get a full offseason then.

willing to bet the lakers will continue winning at this pace if you remove zo in this lineup. its about the time of the year where players are starting to find their roles + their teammates strength and weaknesses.

that’s not saying zo is a net negative. his intangibles are great but zo’s value isn’t at the top compared to the biggest difference makers in this team (lebron, TC, mcgee, kuz and hart)

willing to bet the lakers will continue winning at this pace if you remove zo in this lineup. its about the time of the year where players are starting to find their roles + their teammates strength and weaknesses.

that’s not saying zo is a net negative. his intangibles are great but zo’s value isn’t at the top compared to the biggest difference makers in this team (lebron, TC, mcgee, kuz and hart)

He's tied with Kuzma (3rd on the team) in value over replacement player on the season (VORP) both are just barely behind Hart so you'd be wrong.

He's tied with Kuzma (3rd on the team) in value over replacement player on the season (VORP) both are just barely behind Hart so you'd be wrong.
i wouldn’t put too much stock in vorp. lebron could easily assume lonzo’s role and we’d be fine.

no vorp is going to tell me (given the roster makeup) that lonzo’s value exceeds TC or MCgee.

Was it me or did anybody else find it sorta funny that Lebron didn't wave off that screen by TC when it came for him when Wade was matched up there at the end. Like this is the last time yall going to do this, go straight at him. I didn't see any screens being set for Wade there at the end.

Back
Top Bottom