**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Of course **** gets done behind the scenes but the actual transaction can’t happen this season.

The Lakers goal is 3 max free agents. They got 1. They’re gunna sign another one this summer and then trade for the final one. We all know who the players are. We’ll see if it actually happens this summer but talking about potential scenarios for December or January or February is futile.

Don’t you think agents and players communicate to GMs behind the scenes? AD might be doing them a favor telling them there’s no way he’ll sign the supermax so they should field offers early to get a better deal now than next summer. None of us know what’s going on . Just like how Magic knew Lebby was coming when he signed KCP a year before Lebby came.
Yeah it most likely is talk behind the scenes (Rob is plugged in being a former agent) but there's no reason for AD to do them a favor and get traded right now.

Of course **** gets done behind the scenes but the actual transaction can’t happen this season.

The Lakers goal is 3 max free agents. They got 1. They’re gunna sign another one this summer and then trade for the final one. We all know who the players are. We’ll see if it actually happens this summer but talking about potential scenarios for December or January or February is futile.

This isn't entirely accurate. AD makes 27 mil. We won't be able to match that salary without KCP's expiring deal + Zo + Ingram. So in theory they can trade for him and still have enough for another max free agent. KD starts at 36 mil I believe so it'd also call for us to get rid of Kuz, Mo, and maybe Hart for nothing.

Let’s say Lakers trade zo/Ingram n kcp together AD. What will happen now with Lebron? Someone needs to change their style of play to fit the system. Will Lebron change his game to just coming of pics system or AD will become a spot up shooter like Kevin love

I think Lebron and AD will fit together just fine....the guy is basically a point forward, and to see how Lebron sets the table for Javale and Tyson, or in the past with Tristan or Bosh then replace those guys with AD and it's scary to think just how devastating that two man game would be.

Like what we've been seeing lately from Zo on the defensive end, but he has a poor offensive game besides transition baskets and step-back/wide open 3 pointers in the half court. It's one thing to come into the league with a certain skill set that needs improving at the pro level, but the holes that exist in his game like the ability to break guys down off the dribble are pretty much nonexistent. If he could just improve at the things he does well offensively then he has a chance...

If you have a chance to get AD mid season you pounce all over that. Period. Never know what will happen next summer.
horrible way of thinking

secure the KD THEN and ONLY THEN do you trade for anthony davis

you dont want just old lebron and injury prone ad.

they wont mess up the chance to bring kd here next season

It's good to see that we win the gimme games again and the magic are the bobcats ala laker killers.

When it comes to AD trade scenario, I always prepare for the worst and think of Melo to the Knicks and well get fleeced for too many players and lose depth.

The team right now has good chemistry since they are getting more wins. Seeing vets like McGee and Chandler geeking on mobucketswagners first shot shows the players having fun. The 2010 team probably was peak kobe chemistry when the shannon brown block and bench gif was made.

Man I want to see ball and Ingram do well...

But if I have to see them do well in a Pelican uniform because we got AD....

I'll be fine with that. More jerseys to work out in.

113892e6c23552647c0919bbf6126206d05309f2r1-358-383v2_00.jpg

horrible way of thinking

secure the KD THEN and ONLY THEN do you trade for anthony davis

you dont want just old lebron and injury prone ad.

they wont mess up the chance to bring kd here next season

So then what if they don’t secure KD? Then AD is traded to Boston and you missed the boat on both of them? Then AD makes a comment similar to what Paul George said “if they were interested in me they would have traded for me when I was available”. Then we’re left with none of them.

AD is younger albeit more injury prone than KD. I still put him slightly ahead of KD on the wishlist

If the trade is AD is
Lakers out: Lonzo, Ingram, 2019 1st, McGee
In: AD and Ian Clark

I'm driving all of them to the airport myself, that's an incredibly lopsided trade.

Honestly though, I won't take any AD trade reports seriously until the supermax is offered this offseason and he turns it down. With the cap going up, the Pelicans can offer him a 5 year/$235-$240m contract. I just don't see him turning that down, especially given his injury history.

Last edited:
If the trade is AD is
Lakers out: Lonzo, Ingram, 2019 1st, McGee
In: AD and Ian Clark

I'm driving all of them to the airport myself, that's an incredibly lopsided trade.

Honestly though, I won't take any AD trade reports seriously until the supermax is offered this offseason and he turns it down. With the cap going up, the Pelicans can offer him a 5 year/$235-$240m contract. I just don't see him turning that down, especially given his injury history.
KCP gotta be included

This “Scoop B” guy is literally the only person reporting anything on AD to the Lakers :lol:

THIS season deal is bogus, imo, but Dan Patrick has been saying for a while that he's hearing Durant in the summer, then we offer everything else for AD. That's what people are telling him.

Obviously a lot can change that, but that's the scenario that people are whispering. I find it hard to believe because of the Durant-Bron factor, but we'll see.

Right, hard to believe KD would join Lebron when he can end up getting more rings than Lebron if he stays with GS or goes elsewhere

Back
Top Bottom