**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Good article on Jeanie. I trust she'll do the right thing and get rid of these dudes at the end of the season if the remainder of the year goes like I expect it to. Need from fresh blood and new eyes in here.

I wouldn't mind Ryan West running basketball ops. Him and Luke would bring the younger fresh perspective. Jimmy would just be the final sign off on transactions (trades, drafts, free agents, etc) like Jerry Buss and Jerry West

That article was a good read. Initially, I'm thinking that we need to give Jimmy and Mitch a couple more years. It's still too early to tell what the fruits of their labor (Showtime babies and Luke) will become.  

That said, this is from the perspective of not knowing what the alternative would be, as in who they would bring in to replace Jimmy and Mitch. It'd be foolish to roll with new blood when it might just turn into a train wreck without proper vision and execution. I'm trying to think of a better set of talent evaluators and GM's and all I can think of are the folks in the Bay and in San Antonio and we are damn sure not sniffing them. 

That article was a good read. Initially, I'm thinking that we need to give Jimmy and Mitch a couple more years. It's still too early to tell what the fruits of their labor (Showtime babies and Luke) will become.  

That said, this is from the perspective of not knowing what the alternative would be, as in who they would bring in to replace Jimmy and Mitch. It'd be foolish to roll with new blood when it might just turn into a train wreck without proper vision and execution. I'm trying to think of a better set of talent evaluators and GM's and all I can think of are the folks in the Bay and in San Antonio and we are damn sure not sniffing them. 
Soooo you're saying Lakers got the third best talent evaluators in the league?

I wouldn't mind Ryan West running basketball ops. Him and Luke would bring the younger fresh perspective. Jimmy would just be the final sign off on transactions (trades, drafts, free agents, etc) like Jerry Buss and Jerry West

Seems like they are headed in a similar directions.

Current Power Structure on the Basketball Side

Mitch (GM) - Jim (Basketball Ops)
Jesse Buss (Scouting & Assistant GM) - Ryan West (Director of Player Personnel)
Joey Buss (Runs DLeague)

Ryan is only 36 years old.... And just got promoted to Dir of Player Personnel.. I'm willing to bet, they want him in that role for a few years, and then promote him to Assistant GM, with the idea that Jesse & Ryan West will be in control of GM decisions when Mitch is ready to leave.

Last edited:
Nets, Wolves, Pelicans all won tonight 
pimp.gif

I would trade anybody not named D-Lo, Ingram or Julius for him, but honestly idk what Denver is really looking for or needs. They have a MILLION role players and no star so if that's what they're looking for we're not in the running lol

I would trade anybody not named D-Lo, Ingram or Julius for him, but honestly idk what Denver is really looking for or needs. They have a MILLION role players and no star so if that's what they're looking for we're not in the running lol
I'd trade Julius for Jokic without hesitation. 

I'm really against breaking up any of Russell, Ingram & Randle.

Russell & Ingram untouchable. Randle would have to be something really worth it.

I typed in 'jokic defense' on Google and it said no results found
laugh.gif

I really didn't mean to spark this debate, I was just responding to a trade rumor that will never happen.

But I wonder what the reaction would be if Jokic were a Laker and someone offered Randle for him.

We already have 3 C's on our roster... that would never happen unless Mozgov was apart of the deal

Then I would seriously think about it :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom