**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

THat was painful to watch. Couldn’t finish it. I’m beginning to only listen to basketball analysis from former players GMs and coaches. These nerds on TV all align like sheep to push a specific narrative. Rondo signs for 1 year - oh no Lonzo gonna be traded!! How about “we needed a back up point guard bc we literally didn’t have one. Why not get the best one available AND have it someone be interchangeable with our starting pg so there’s no drop off in style if one is injured or sits down for rest.” Now isn’t that more logical? Oh and we got him for only 1 year so clearly you just want 1 year deals so you can sign another free agent (kawhi) and then you’re back to ball in the line up etc

Also, we got defensive rather then offensive players bc we recognize our best option to beating golden state and Houston and even the thunder is to beat up their guards with relentless pressure by vet nasty mean guards (lance and rondo)

Really good and interesting point about the Clippers not being able to trade away they're 2019,2020, and 2021 draft picks because of the collective bargaining agreement.

That really only leaves the Sixers as possibly trading for Kawhi.

Really good and interesting point about the Clippers not being able to trade away they're 2019,2020, and 2021 draft picks because of the collective bargaining agreement.

That really only leaves the Sixers as possibly trading for Kawhi.

Like I said. Former players give the best POV and analysis. Makes so much sense. Meanwhile former football player and big nose nerd talking about “trade them all for kawhi!”

If we trade for kawhi, how much money do we have left next summer for FA after kawhi signs with us (assuming we only trade Ingram hart and eventually deng)?

If we trade for kawhi, how much money do we have left next summer for FA after kawhi signs with us (assuming we only trade Ingram hart and eventually deng)?

Kawhi's starting salary/cap hold will be 32 mil so him + Zo + Kuz + Mo + Bron = 81 mil. Cap is projected at 109 million so we'd have around 27 mil in space. Not quite enough for say Klay's starting salary of 32 mil as well.

Kawhi's starting salary/cap hold will be 32 mil so him + Zo + Kuz + Mo + Bron = 81 mil. Cap is projected at 109 million so we'd have around 27 mil in space. Not quite enough for say Klay's starting salary of 32 mil as well.
Omg. That’s insane. Ya def trade BI hart and picks. Get it done magic.
I’ll start a go fund me page for Klay to make up the 5 million dollar difference. Everyone in LA pitch 1 dollar.

But man this is such an important year for Ball. If he doesn’t show improvement I can see magic wanting to shed his nearly 8.7 mill dollar salary to be able to get two max guys next year too while keeping Kuzma.

Klay/kawhi/LeBron/Kuzma. If Kuzma continues his trajectory this is a 4 man super team. With about 4 mill left to spend below the cap. With the mid level can have a pretty awesome team. Hopefully ball becomes the player we think we can so we can have a 5 man super team

Last edited:
Ya'll really think Klay is gonna leave GSW? Seems like he enjoys the situation he's in now and he has mentioned that they have something special going on there. A max contract from another team can be very persuasive tho. But can't Warriors offer him more than any other team since they have his bird rights? Just a matter if they'd be willing to...

Let Kawhi go to Philly. We need to keep all our assets and try to get Lawhi during Free Agency. The Warriors are successful because they built the bulk of their core in the draft. We can do the same.

Let Kawhi go to Philly. We need to keep all our assets and try to get Lawhi during Free Agency. The Warriors are successful because they built the bulk of their core in the draft. We can do the same.

We?

740A5B85-F822-4A46-A60F-EB0AE94F856A.gif

We? Bruh where were you when we were on that 8 game losing streak in December and January?

THat was painful to watch. Couldn’t finish it. I’m beginning to only listen to basketball analysis from former players GMs and coaches. These nerds on TV all align like sheep to push a specific narrative. Rondo signs for 1 year - oh no Lonzo gonna be traded!! How about “we needed a back up point guard bc we literally didn’t have one. Why not get the best one available AND have it someone be interchangeable with our starting pg so there’s no drop off in style if one is injured or sits down for rest.” Now isn’t that more logical? Oh and we got him for only 1 year so clearly you just want 1 year deals so you can sign another free agent (kawhi) and then you’re back to ball in the line up etc

Also, we got defensive rather then offensive players bc we recognize our best option to beating golden state and Houston and even the thunder is to beat up their guards with relentless pressure by vet nasty mean guards (lance and rondo)

Those hipsters on NBA tv annoy me the most.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24003187/lakers-signings-part-magic-plan-nba

I know it’s BSPN and it’s Windhorst but I firmly believe Magic and LBJ did a outline of what players he wants via free agency and trade and also what players on the current roster he wants to keep. That said I highly doubt Lakers pull a trade without LBJ at least being informed.
I’ve been saying this. Get bigger guards that will get into the face of harden cp3 curry Westbrook Klay Butler. Become one of the best defensive team etc. imagine replacing Ingram with kawhi. (Smoking)

Someone is going to have to get traded...I don't think it will be kuz...kawhi will be a laker this summer
Ya it won’t be kuz. I agree. He fits well. Scorer. Clutch. 3 point shooter. Taller/bigger player to complement LeBron and kawhi. Can play him at the 5 vs Houston’s Tuck ball (PJ Tucker at the 5 spot). Besides I think spurs would want Ingram anyways (more raw, can be molded).

Also kuz makes about 5 to 6 mill less annually then Ingram annually

I was thinking that this morning. In like a year and half they went from dlo swaggy deng Randle and moz to:

Ball the goat
Kcp
LeBron
Kuzma

Possibly kawhi

Oh and money to sign a max next year (close to at least)
It's been so long since we had competent management. These dudes actually have a plan.

Back
Top Bottom