**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Our we need another shooter, but our defense is going to be spectacular.

Reactions: DLF
Vet shooter, I'm sure he's going to get spot minutes but unlikely a lot this season with all the guards on the team right now.
Lopez. Top of the key, open pump fake, two large strides for layup

Lakers are using the Celtics model. A superstar surrounded by up and coming young players mixed with veteran role players.
Yup, totally fine with that.

Go into 2019 with a healthy Bron, improved BI, Zo and Kuz and then sign Kawhi.

Really want to keep BI, think he's gonna take another leap this year.

Yup, totally fine with that.

Go into 2019 with a healthy Bron, improved BI, Zo and Kuz and then sign Kawhi.

Really want to keep BI, think he's gonna take another leap this year.

Just doing some quick maths,

Bron/BI/Zo/Kuz/Hart/Mo/Svi = 59 million next summer

Adding Kawhi (32 million)= 91 million

Cap is at projected at 109 million.

Trading Deng's expiring deal at this point leaves us with approx 15 mil in cap space (cap holds)

Stretching the last year of his 18 mil takes us down to about 11.5 mil in cap space.

fgn8kq4vwq711.jpg

The idea that Boogie is ring chasing is idiotic.

He isnt ring chasing. He is rehabbing an injury. Just because your favorite team didnt want to sign him to a contract because of health concerns, doesnt mean he is chasing a ring. Most likely, he was getting spurned by other teams, so he said F it, I will take a one year deal, get healthy, and sign a big deal next offseason. The ring chasing argument is really, really stupid.

Reactions: DLF
That's why I haven't been too upset with the signings. As long as we see this lineup to end games I'm good.
The biggest wildcard is the ego issue. Because all those players are on 1 year deals they’re going to want to play so we will see what happens. But I think injuries are going to be a big factor too because knowing the Laker way half of our guys will be injured for half the season

The idea that Boogie is ring chasing is idiotic.

He isnt ring chasing. He is rehabbing an injury. Just because your favorite team didnt want to sign him to a contract because of health concerns, doesnt mean he is chasing a ring. Most likely, he was getting spurned by other teams, so he said F it, I will take a one year deal, get healthy, and sign a big deal next offseason. The ring chasing argument is really, really stupid.
Bruh, while you said allot of accurate things in here, dude is doing all that, while ring chasing. He called the back to back champs and took a pay cut. Ring chasing. Said his only other plan was to call the presumed (by everyone) ECC, the Celtics to do the same deal. Why these two teams? Ring chasing. You think he would called Pheonix and took 5 mil? Has dude ever been in the playoffs? It's a pretty smart move on his part. Kill 20 birds wit one stone.

Back
Top Bottom