**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

LeBron wants no part of that clown. We need Brook.
i dunno man he signed off on rondo mcgee and lance.

but then again he did leave jeanie legs wide open and made her look dumb the last time so she might have banned him from ever playing for the lakers again lol

GM LeBron has taken over already.... can’t wait to see Rondo and Lonzo Ball shoot 3’s together... :lol:

Seriously tho WTH y’all doing, renounce Randle (for nothing), sign no shooters, sign lance, rondo, McGee? The only silver lining is that I can see Lonzo being traded for some shooters, right?
I see this year being a trail run.
Lonzo gets mentored by Rondo. They all learn to
Play off ball more and what it’s like playing with a superstar. That way it’s easier if KL (i still think we can pull KD from GS next summer) comes through. Playoff rondo is nuts

Just sign Jamal Crawford and Brook Lopez to 1 year deals with whatever cap space we have left and end free agency already.

No other shooters available at this point.

This is obviously not a season that Magic, Rob, Jeanie or more importantly LeBron actually think or expect to contend for a championship.
Theres gonna be a lot of defensive intensity and a lot of growing still needed to be done for our young players.

Even if Rondo "cant shoot," he is one of the highest IQ basketball players in the league even at his age. You dont think Lonzo can benefit from that? Kuz and Ingram (assuming they're here) gonna learn so much from Bron' in the film room, training room, practice, etc.

Overall I just see this as an amazing season of learning, growth, and learning how to win for our youngins.
Win enough to get to the playoffs, get a taste and stay motivated to get even better NEXT summer.

A lot of **** can get done between now and then as well with trades and future signings.
Just enjoy the ride man. Randle didnt wanna be here, he literally said "I DONT WANNA BE HERE LET ME GO" and some of you keep saying "cant believe we didnt keep randle."

bruh. i guarantee you if he wanted to be a laker we would have given him 18 million for 2 years :rofl:

Bring Brook back, he can def strech the floor for BI and Bron

Bron Might have to rebound more but he already does that

I'm just excited to see this team plays. Hopefully they buy into a system and not the typical standing around watching bron from top of the key offense

I really wanna see how the young core plays with Bron instead of giving up the whole farm for kawhi

This is obviously not a season that Magic, Rob, Jeanie or more importantly LeBron actually think or expect to contend for a championship.
Theres gonna be a lot of defensive intensity and a lot of growing still needed to be done for our young players.

Even if Rondo "cant shoot," he is one of the highest IQ basketball players in the league even at his age. You dont think Lonzo can benefit from that? Kuz and Ingram (assuming they're here) gonna learn so much from Bron' in the film room, training room, practice, etc.

Overall I just see this as an amazing season of learning, growth, and learning how to win for our youngins.
Win enough to get to the playoffs, get a taste and stay motivated to get even better NEXT summer.

A lot of **** can get done between now and then as well with trades and future signings.
Just enjoy the ride man. Randle didnt wanna be here, he literally said "I DONT WANNA BE HERE LET ME GO" and some of you keep saying "cant believe we didnt keep randle."

bruh. i guarantee you if he wanted to be a laker we would have given him 18 million for 2 years :rofl:

I thought they could have contended, if you have LeBron James you contend. No they’re not winning the chip but contention I would have thought would be easy. The moves don’t makes sense, sorry. Time to grow doesn’t make sense, LeBron is about to be 34.

I’d get rid of Lonzo during the season, y’all need to let that dream die and get rid of him. The next 4 years is the most important thing. I just want to know who’s making these moves, is it Magic and RP or is it LeBron? If it’s Magic/RP without LeBron James consent, very bad. If LeBron is co-signing these moves, fine (weird but fine).

s_GWviz_O.jpg

CANT be mutual right? right?!?!?

EvilBrilliantAmurstarfish.gif

All y’all saying trade Lonzo is fools
Y’all clearly can’t comprehend statistics so I’ll give y’all a pass

Just don’t **** ride when dude glos up

True....bunch of haters dont understand bball....i wish dlo and bi avg 10,7 n 7 their rookie years lol

Lol you guys and especially the media have lost it. Especially the media. Got former football players hosting hot takes shows giving their basketball analysis as if they know anything about the game.

First off dweebs, Lakers only giving up 1 year deals. Therefore you’ve already eliminated about 80 to 90 percent of the free agency pool. From whatever is left, you sign who you can.

-We wanted Bradley, signed 2 year deal for 25 million.
-We wanted Noel (maybe not but that’s an example of players we were in market for) - got 2 year deal
-Maybe wanted Randle? Assuming he wanted to come back signeda 2 year deal.
-gay, reddick? Stayed with their teams the first minute of free agency
Illyasova? Signed 3 year deal
Belinelli- signed 2 year deal

These players are oddly familiar to LeBron (McGee, rondo, lance). Perhaps he’s always wanted to play with them bc of their fight (maybe not McGee lol)

We do have a much better defense now. Lance kcp rondo ball Ingram hart LeBron McGee if he’s locked in. Not bad if you ask me. Also maybe LeBron asked for more ball handlers bc he doesn’t wanna play downhill all game.

Last edited:
Remaining notable free agents:

Capela - restricted too expensive
Levine- see above
Jabari- see above
Smart- see above plus he’d rather stay in Bos
IT- rather have LeBron.
Ellington- probably not taking 1 year deal since this is probably it for guy like that so ain’t happening
Lopez- do want. Must get
Howard and shaggy- no way
Tyreke- probably wants multi year deal since never got paid well thus far

Ain’t that many out there so please give magic a break

Also: LOL at people saying: we signed rondo. Lonzo probably getting traded. We signed rondo for 1 year not 5

Last edited:
I will say that all LA lacks in shooting they do have in playmaking, Having Lebron take control of the offense every night & just kick to shooters barely worked in the East last year. Having Rondo, Zo, Ingram, Lance to help create plays will save him a lot of energy IF, and that's a big if, he can be comfortable playing off ball a lot more

I'm just excited to see this team plays. Hopefully they buy into a system and not the typical standing around watching bron from top of the key offense

I really wanna see how the young core plays with Bron instead of giving up the whole farm for kawhi

But isn’t this how every Bron team has worked? You expect this to change in the twilight of his career.

But isn’t this how every Bron team has worked? You expect this to change in the twilight of his career.

Yes. Bron isn’t dumb. He knows what works and what doesn’t and that something has to change to 1. Win & 2. Extend his career.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom