**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

He’ll never be a true laker to me. If he come to LA it’s to be closer to Universal so he can work his studio for post NBA. I wish he stayed in CLE.

"True laker" lmao. Y'all love these ******** narratives. Just enjoy it, we're in for a treat.

You'd think after 5 years of tanking and overall ****** ball, Laker fans would be more appreciative of what's about to happen :smh:

Reactions: God
Nah, some Lakers (more so Kobe Stan’s) are avid Bron haters!
My girl and her pops are both Laker fans but can’t stand Bron. When he comes I’m buying them both jerseys :lol:

The narrative bout to flip when he brings us to the promise land

He’ll never be a true laker to me. If he come to LA it’s to be closer to Universal so he can work his studio for post NBA. I wish he stayed in CLE.

If he carries us over Boston for the championship count I am cool with him coming. We got an older Wilt who went Hollywood.

I suspect Bron coming and PG staying in OKC is a more and more likely scenario.

I could see us offering Boogie a 1 year max deal & waiting next season for Leonard in that scenario

wl9n8x64sy611.jpg

some of ya'll can't fathom a world where a Lakers fan doesn't like Lebron and/or doesn't want him to be a Laker.....and it having NOTHING to do with Kobe.

we're all supposed to love him and all his drama otherwise we're "kobe stans"

for the record, I'd love to add him to the young core and PG.......but if he is pressuring us to gut the team for Kawhi otherwise he won't sign.....then I'm not with that **** no matter how good of a player he is.

If he carries us over Boston for the championship count I am cool with him coming.

Yes! that's the whole reason I want Lebron.....getting more chips that Boston is the end goal, becoming the franchise with most titles. But can Lebron and PG get us past the dubs and rockets? It will be interesting

Did it ever occur to you guys that PG wanted to come to LA when we were horrible (last summer) with no pressure to perform. This way he’d come and turn us into a 40 to 50 win team and make us seem relevant. He would be a hero etc.

Now that he is expected to be a #2 in a championship squad with LeBron freaking James it’s scaring him. He now sees OKC as a place where they will love him regardless of how they do and he can hide behind russel Westbrook as he takes all the criticism. Plus he can collect his paycheck and come to la during summers.

Cliffs: he ain’t built for it.
If PG is your first or second option your team is in trouble. I would take Kawhi over him and it's not close. What is PG's defining moment?
How many more episode does he have with ESPN? He's not making a decision until it airs.

We all know Nike/JB would love all three in LA.

If PG is your first or second option your team is in trouble. I would take Kawhi over him and it's not close. What is PG's defining moment?
How many more episode does he have with ESPN? He's not making a decision until it airs.

We all know Nike/JB would love all three in LA.
He just has one left, and it’s supposed to tell us where he’s “taking his talents”

I rooted for Karl Malone.

I rooted for Steve Nash.

I will root for LeBron James MUCH easier than either of those guys. MUCH easier.

And if he truly comes here without making us gut the roster to accommodate him, I'll like him even more for it.

Welp.
Take this with a grain of salt though, Windhorst has been wrong alot lately.

Maybe I'm cynical but I view you all this "Paul George might stay in OKC" business as a smoke screen. Paul really likes being a viewed as a good guy. He's making it look like he's going back and forth and undecided when he's had his mind made up for months that he's going to LA. He just wants to save face with the Oklahoma City fans and organization so it doesn't look like he never gave them a shot.

Just saw a little clip on Kawhi. How he lost his dad in 2008 etc. he chose SDSU over bigger schools to stay close to home. He’s a different dude then PG. I believe he will come to the lakers regardless of who Pop trades him to. It will just have to wait a year. PG can kick rocks and rot in OKC. LeBron too if he wants to go elsewhere. Let the boys grow.

If PG is gonna stay hopefully he makes his decision quickly. This way Pop feels pressure bc if lakers have at least 1 max slot next summer, they will get Kawhi in FA and therefore other teams will offer even less now then current garbage they offering for a 1 year rental

And please don’t equate PGs situation to Kawhi. kawhi differtnt type of dude then PG. I mean PG knocked up a ******* stripper, enough said

I dunno guys. I still think PG is coming here but its gonna be close and we're gonna have to sweat it out.

A year ago everyone in this thread said "don't give up anything for PG, he's coming next offseason". We were all 100% sure he was coming. If Kawhi gets traded to Boston or Philly and they go to the Finals, whose to say he doesn't re-sign there?

I still like the decision to not trade for him.
Me too

If we had given up Randle and Ingram or Randle and ball we woulda sucked more then we did and he woulda potentially left bc of that. Lose lose. **** it he comes he comes if not at least we have our draft pick next year. Team tank for Zion

So if Bron comes out today and says he’s sogning with la it’s not tampering right?

Back
Top Bottom