**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Want Kawhi but we really might end up with 3 stars, Zo, Hart and Thomas Bryant.

This Deng contract is killing everything.

If we cannot get kawhi George LeBron

I am praying we keep the same squad and only sign George (if he’ll have us)

Then go for kawhi next summer. Build it slowly. Let the young guys grow and compete in 2019 with an older ball/Ingram/Kuzma with PG and Kawhi.

Then go for kawhi next summer. Build it slowly. Let the young guys grow and compete in 2019 with an older ball/Ingram/Kuzma with PG and Kawhi.

I'd be 100% on board for this but Bron interjected his *** into this and is going to screw that up.

Nah, I want the best player in the league, bump that waiting til 2023 mess (unless we strike out). Y'all were the folks who loved Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel in the 90s and who've never gotten rid of them. Gotta strike while the iron is hot and seize the opportunity.

Nah, I want the best player in the league, bump that waiting til 2023 mess (unless we strike out). Y'all were the folks who loved Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel in the 90s and who've never gotten rid of them. Gotta strike while the iron is hot and seize the opportunity.
Actually I misspoke

What I want if we cannot get all 3 are to sign PG13 while keeping our young guys OR signing LeBron while keeping our young guys. I don’t think the latter happens bc LeBron ain’t coming alone - hence why I didn’t mention it.

In this scenario LeBron comes alone if PG doesn’t want to, then next year we sign kawhi outright in FA while still having all our youth. But this won’t happen bc LeBron only likes super teams

Lakers would never trade for Dwight but interesting that the Nets got rid of Mozgov's 2 year contract by packaging him with 2 second rounders and taking back Dwight's 1 year expiring deal.

Could the Lakers do this with another team and immediately stretch the expiring? Would that even help?

This makes me think the price to shed Deng next summer wouldn't be bad at all.

Reactions: DLF
223.gif

Lakers would never trade for Dwight but interesting that the Nets got rid of Mozgov's 2 year contract by packaging him with 2 second rounders and taking back Dwight's 1 year expiring deal.

Could the Lakers do this with another team and immediately stretch the expiring? Would that even help?

This makes me think the price to shed Deng next summer wouldn't be bad at all.
Yes, you can still stretch that player and it would be his salary divided by 3 years instead 5 years for Deng. So you don't really get that much cap relief for this season.

I think Bron makes us an instant contender with PG and Randle, but it really might be better if he goes to Hou or Philly.

I'd trade BI for kawhi now...only because I can see him leaving one day he's not into Hollywood like Kuz and zo

Back
Top Bottom