**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

You think Pop wants The Balls in that Spurs culture? It’s like oil and water

Lavar talkin **** on Pop on all the shows the day after Pop sits Zo in a 4th quarter

I’m sorry but if that’s any indication of a no 2 overall pick he’s gotta go...Bron does that and 10x more what Zo does sorry. Or offer Kuzma and Randle to the Spurs...one of them is going

I think it will be Kuzma Ingram and Randle

Why? I don’t know. Just talking out of my ***

qo3qils1l8411.jpg

I would love to hold onto Lonzo if we can somehow get Leonard & LBJ too. Lonzo is gunna be a BEAST with all NBA talent around him. That boy will average double digit assists easyyyyy.

Zo is gunna have so many open shots if this **** goes down too. Here are some relevant stats from his rookie season:

Efg with defender 0-2 feet (very tight): 32.6% (yuck)
2-4 feet (tight): 42.9%
4-6 feet (open): 50.0%
6+ feet (wide open): 51.3%

It feels like a burst of energy and happiness from the news but I think the high will come down by the time July 1st hits. By then Boston’s offer will be better and pop will say FU to LA. Enjoy it though. I’m on a high right now. Gonna sucks when I come back down to reality of KCP And IT. Lol

I think the Spurs would do whatever they could to not trade Leonard to the Lakers. If Leonard goes out and says, "I'm not signing an extension with any team but the Lakers" then maybe we got the upper hand but I just don't see that happening.

Our main competition for Leonard is Philly, Boston & LAC. In the above scenario, I don't think Philly or Boston would offer much to SAS if Leonard was only a 1 year rental.

I have more faith in Lebron being a Laker, but even then, Im not celebrating until it's official.

Lost in the mix, I’m curious how Luke would handle all these guys and how the offense changes with one new star let alone three new stars

I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting to trade for Kawhi this summer, but I would hold off on trading for Kawhi until I see him back on the court and what a potential Bron, PG, Ingram rotation would look like.
Ya I bet the spurs are gonna be patient in his trade request. They don’t wanna get cav’d. That helps us bc I’d rather see how we do with our youngsters too. I’ve been through too much as a fan the last four years. Watching countless footage of their draft highlights. Summer leagues etc.

At same time I wouldn’t be mad if we get him either

Last edited:
Multiple league sources believe the Lakers are the team that guaranteed Maryland’s Kevin Huerter at No. 25, but consensus seems to be he won’t fall that far. It’s possible that if they do move up, they could be targeting him and looking to get into the teens. It’s still possible they choose to move off of No. 25 if Huerter is indeed off the table, and in that case, they could try and package it with Deng’s contract to maximize their cap space and maintain absolute peak flexibility. It’s unlikely the Lakers are beholden to much of anything as they await free agency.
https://www.si.com/nba/2018/06/15/n...m&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si

We really about to give up the farm :smh:

If it's for a 26 year old superstar like Kawhi I won't be mad. Throw in LeBron and PG and we're in business. I'd love to do a trade where we can get Kawhi and keep Ingram (trade Kuzma, Ball, 2018 Cavs pick, our 2019 pick).

Honestly if you look at the Bulls trade for Jimmy Butler as a reference, we may not need to give up as much as we think. Teams almost never get equal value for superstars.

Still cant believe mitch thought it was a good idea to sign moz & deng :rofl:
I understood wanting to bring in tested vets; The problem was the years given. I didn't mind giving Mozzy and Deng their annual salary over two, maaaybe three years. But four years was OD.

Back
Top Bottom