**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

DAME all day. Nuff said.

Still do not know how I feel about Bron coming here man. The bandwagon headaches will be too much for me. Way too much.
It will be funny to see most of the homies who hate the Lakers and love Bron be forced to root for the LakeShow... but then again I guess that will be me with LeBron.

giphy.gif

I love Kobe as much as the next guy but y'all are nuts. Y'all would literally rather not win than encroach on Kobe's legacy
I will admit lebron is the better player, no doubt. Statistically he’s better than Jordan.

But I’m not compromising the future for a short 3 year window.

Bringing in lebron will force us to trade young players for stars, a la okc, Cleveland etc. you saw what happened to each of those teams and even Miami. Once that window is closed you’re left with absolutely nothing. Not worth the risk. I rather have 10+ years of trying with Zo and Ingram and any other complementary pieces than a short 2-3 year window with lebron, pg and superstar 3 (for zo+ingram+deng)

Das just me doe

Even if we don’t sign anyone this offseason

Prime years typically occur from ages 23-30 in the nba.

When Ingram and Lonzo are in that age range so many other players will be free agents that we can acquire. Giannis, AD, KAT, porzingawd, literally any player

Lock young dudes up and fill in with whatever stars become available down the line. There’s no rush to win today or tomorrow.

Be patient and it’ll come. Let’s build a dynasty. Not a short lived super team.

So in your opinion, it's either bring Lebron or don't win? there are other options ya know

With Lebron (aka the best player in the league) we win more games. Period. The only way we're title contenders within the next 3-4 years is with Lebron on our roster.

If you're comfortable with (hopefully) signing PG and (hopefully) making the playoffs next year then fine. It'll be a fun team to watch and we'll win ~45 games. Adding the best player in the league changes your trajectory and expectations and when the opportunity to sign (sign outright, not giving up anything) the best player in the league presents itself, you make the move

If Lakers were healthy last season they coulda have easily won 45 games... just adding PG could easily put them over 50

If our players progress as they should and we make smart FO decisions, not sure why they can’t be contenders in 2-3 seasons

If Lakers were healthy last season they coulda have easily won 45 games... just adding PG could easily put them over 50

If our players progress as they should and we make smart FO decisions, not sure why they can’t be contenders in 2-3 seasons

So if you just add PG, your best lineup is Zo/PG/BI/Kuz/Randle. If you bring in Bron, you just switch him for Kuz in that lineup.

You telling me you'd rather have Kuz than Bron for the next 3 years?

I get that some of yall are scared that Bron is gonna force the young guys out, but who's to say they won't be traded for a star eventually anyway?

So if you just add PG, your best lineup is Zo/PG/BI/Kuz/Randle. If you bring in Bron, you just switch him for Kuz in that lineup.

You telling me you'd rather have Kuz than Bron for the next 3 years?

I get that some of yall are scared that Bron is gonna force the young guys out, but who's to say they won't be traded for a star eventually anyway?

What happens when Bron trades all our young guys away, we lose to the warriors the next 2 seasons and he leaves before the 3rd? We’d basically be back where we were when we traded for Dwight Howard.

My only hesitation about bringing him here is that there’s 100% chance we will trade all of our young boys for superstars and still lose to the warriors the next 3 seasons because we have no chemistry or continuity.

Once warriors run is over it seems like our guys would be ready to take the next step... Barring injury, I’m confident they’ll be great together.

What happens when Bron trades all our young guys away, we lose to the warriors the next 2 seasons and he leaves before the 3rd? We’d basically be back where we were when we traded for Dwight Howard.

My only hesitation about bringing him here is that there’s 100% chance we will trade all of our young boys for superstars and still lose to the warriors the next 3 seasons because we have no chemistry or continuity.

Once warriors run is over it seems like our guys would be ready to take the next step... Barring injury, I’m confident they’ll be great together.
I just said what's stopping them from trading a couple guys for a star anyway?

Signing bron doesn't guarantee that the young guys are traded. Not signing him doesn't mean that they're safe either.

Back
Top Bottom