**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

There’s something rewarding about having our own home grown talent being integral components to bringing us a championship

Especially after waiting 5+ years of tanking

I’ll never root for lebron bc Ima kobe stan

Just bring pg and let the young guys develop. Hope they become stars. And if not get somebody in 2019

Selling out for lebron gives us a 2-3 year window and then after that our future is bleak af. Well literally have no young dudes and will need to tank another 5-10 years. Hell no to that

1. Do you think a core of only home grown starts (Zo, Kuzma, Randle, Ingram) has championship potential? Every title team (except the 04 Pistons) had a top 10 player in the league. Do you see any of our guys getting to that level?

2. Why can't you be a Kobe fan and a Lebron fan?

3. What free agents are you seeking in 2019? a 30 year old, injury prone Jimmy Butler? After Jimmy and Klay the free agency pool is shallow

Welp
Does this move Kobe down the list of greatest Lakers ever?
I don’t want the self anointed “king”. Fffff*******k

Y'all are really concerned about Kobe's legacy? He played here for 20 years! his legacy is secured!

If Lebron comes here and wins a title, he'll deserve alot of credit and we'll assess it at that point. He'd be viewed similarly to KG on the Celtics.

I swear some of you guys are more concerned about retired players' legacies that winning games.

Y'all are really concerned about Kobe's legacy? He played here for 20 years! his legacy is secured!

If Lebron comes here and wins a title, he'll deserve alot of credit and we'll assess it at that point. He'd be viewed similarly to KG on the Celtics.

I swear some of you guys are more concerned about retired players' legacies that winning games.

No that’s not my concern. My concern is his age, our bad luck with injuries when we sign 30+ year olds, his history of playing GM, his deteriorating defensive abilities, and his annual “decision” drama

I was merely wondering if L3-6ron winning a chip here (tying Boston’s titles) and being considered “better than MJ” puts him ahead of Kobe. More I think of it, Kobe still would be a better Laker

Bron has to win more than 2 in LA to even be considered as a greatest Laker.

I'd LOVE 2-3 more titles. I don't care who brings them here. I don't care if we're led by Lebron, KD, Draymond (who I dislike). I just want to win!

No that’s not my concern. My concern is his age, our bad luck with injuries when we sign 30+ year olds, his history of playing GM, his deteriorating defensive abilities, and his annual “decision” drama

I was merely wondering if L3-6ron winning a chip here (tying Boston’s titles) and being considered “better than MJ” puts him ahead of Kobe. More I think of it, Kobe still would be a better Laker

I'm sorry to break it to you but Lebron passed Kobe YEARS ago (probably after Lebron's 4 MVP).

I saw another stat that said Lebron's worst season of the last 14 seasons (all but his rookie season) are better than Kobe's career averages (pts,rebs, assists, fg%).

I love Kobe, you love Kobe, we all love Kobe. That being said we don't have to make him into something he wasn't and we don't have to lie about his place in history. Lebron >>> Kobe, and its been that way for awhile. Kobe is around the 8-10 all time range and Lebron is Top 3

Last edited:
Bro this **** is hilarious.

He's been gone for 3 years and cats are still like, "but how will this effect Kobe's legacy?"

**** is putrid.

Go Lakers.

We get it you love Lebron. I don’t. If it’s Go Lakers you don’t max a 34 y.o. aging star who won’t win you a ring, then consider bringing another aging chubby injured point guard.

Welp
Does this move Kobe down the list of greatest Lakers ever?
I don’t want the self anointed “king”. Fffff*******k
who the hell cares, you really would turn down one of the GOATs because you fanboy Kobe to the max? Lmao smh Laker fans are so damn entitled I swear and this is coming from a huge Kobe fan...

NOTHING will happen to Kobe's legacy. Kobe has been playing for the Lakers for 20 years, Lebron would be no longer than 4.

1. Do you think a core of only home grown starts (Zo, Kuzma, Randle, Ingram) has championship potential? Every title team (except the 04 Pistons) had a top 10 player in the league. Do you see any of our guys getting to that level?

2. Why can't you be a Kobe fan and a Lebron fan?

3. What free agents are you seeking in 2019? a 30 year old, injury prone Jimmy Butler? After Jimmy and Klay the free agency pool is shallow
1. Legitimately feel Lonzo can be a star on both ends of the court. I’m confident Ingram can get there too. With tall lanky dudes, you have to give them more time to develop. His work ethic by all accounts is great as well. Even if he doesn’t become a star, both players can be important pieces to a championship. If Lonzo follows his projection he’s Jason Kidd 2.0. Add another superstar via free agency and I think we’re close. Just against trading bi and Zo. Anybody else is expendable

2. Kobe the goat. Lebron is fickle, weak minded, and a beta male. Plus he finna encroach on kobes legacy if he comes here

3. Namely kawhi and klay. Butler perhaps.

5 man rotation of zo, pg, kawhi, ingram, Randle allows you to switch 1-5 and space the floor on offense. Would be a great matchup against the warriors

who the hell cares, you really would turn down one of the GOATs because you fanboy Kobe to the max? Lmao smh Laker fans are so damn entitled I swear and this is coming from a huge Kobe fan...

honesty, I've listed a host of reasons over the past few months why I don't want Lebron and I've never mentioned Kobe. Just a minute ago I brought up Kobe to see where people think Lebron would stack up on the list of Laker greats if he tied or surpassed Boston with a ring or two. It was general curiosity on my part.

2. Kobe the goat. Lebron is fickle, weak minded, and a beta male. Plus he finna encroach on kobes legacy if he comes here

giphy.gif

I love Kobe as much as the next guy but y'all are nuts. Y'all would literally rather not win than encroach on Kobe's legacy

Cowherd is just trolling at this stage. You can tell there's not much to talk about because they're fabricating storylines now.

So basically need to trade him bc he can’t shoot bc reasons 2 3 and 4 are irrelevant. Way to give up on a 20 year old rookie you tanked for all season

Lillard is and forever will be a loser. No thanks for that package

I'd LOVE 2-3 more titles. I don't care who brings them here. I don't care if we're led by Lebron, KD, Draymond (who I dislike). I just want to win!

I'm sorry to break it to you but Lebron passed Kobe YEARS ago (probably after Lebron's 4 MVP).

I saw another stat that said Lebron's worst season of the last 14 seasons (all but his rookie season) are better than Kobe's career averages (pts,rebs, assists, fg%).

I love Kobe, you love Kobe, we all love Kobe. That being said we don't have to make him into something he wasn't and we don't have to lie about his place in history. Lebron >>> Kobe, and its been that way for awhile. Kobe is around the 8-10 all time range and Lebron is Top 3

I saw a stat that said 5 > 3

Back
Top Bottom