**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

and I personally wouldn't trade Lonzo for Lillard tbh, not even the biggest Ball fan but his passing ability to run a team and control a team without taking a shot is a scarcity in this league. Especially if we get LeBron and PG, you'll need someone who'll give em easy shots and not a ball hog, a perfect fit near them. Plus giving up Kuz? No thanks.

They starting to play with 3 balls in the nba next year ?
Must’ve missed that

Have most NT Laker fans on this thread come to the realization that JuJu is gone and won't be back next season?

Hate it or love it. That's just the stone cold truth at this point.The signs and writing are on the wall.

Have most NT Laker fans on this thread come to the realization that JuJu is gone and won't be back next season?

Hate it or love it. That's just the stone cold truth at this point.The signs and writing are on the wall.
Presuming Bron n PG r coming, unless Deng is traded for no salary in return or Bron n PG take small haircuts he's gone.

I give a 30% chance we sign them and keep julius.

https://t.co/rLpOqteU4d

Not sure how to link articles but this is a good rundown of LeBron's options.

June 29th is a big date. If he opts out, then it's basically between us and Philly.

If he opts in, then he's getting traded to the destination of his choice.
If I’m Lebron I’m opting out...I’m not letting Dan Gilbert try and do anything shady. Could some how end up in the same situation with a garbage team

We get cp3, and I’ll be turning my fan card in. Unless cp3 and LeBron win is a title. Then I’ll call and ask for a replacement

But in all seriousness I hate cp3. Maxing him would be the stupidest thing ever but it ain’t happening. He would have to give up like 50 plus million to come here. Plus he is already next a a superstar so makes little sense for him.

I love our core and would only be ok with trading for a player of kawhi status. Not even PG13 status unless you can get PG13 cia trade for only 1 of the big three young guys (ball Kuzma Ingram)

Benefit of keeping all three of our youngsters is longevity. IF LeBron signs for 4 years then by year 3 and 4, at current trajectory. Ball Kuzma and Ingram will be balling hard and we will be gsw light.

Or all 3 could suck but I have faith

It's one thing to dislike a player, it's another thing to come up with completely and logical and just straight-up wrong arguments to Discount everything he does.

Honestly, I don't really understand why Lakers fans hate LeBron so much. There's no coincidence that the two fan bases that hate LeBron the most are Lakers fans and Bulls fans. The Lakers never play the Cavs in the playoffs, there was never any real rivalry between Kobe and LeBron yet Lakers fan hate him so much. I don't understand it.

those type of Laker fans feel like it wasnt Lebron’s turn yet

i know Boston fans that hate him just as bad for the same reason

It's one thing to dislike a player, it's another thing to come up with completely and logical and just straight-up wrong arguments to Discount everything he does.

Honestly, I don't really understand why Lakers fans hate LeBron so much. There's no coincidence that the two fan bases that hate LeBron the most are Lakers fans and Bulls fans. The Lakers never play the Cavs in the playoffs, there was never any real rivalry between Kobe and LeBron yet Lakers fan hate him so much. I don't understand it.
I’ll y’all you why I don’t like LeBron

I’m a huge Kobe fan and I just didn’t like how the media was always anti Kobe but pro LeBron from the get go. Even when LeBron was a rookie people were constantly praising him while trashing Kobe in the media despite Kobe’s dominance. It’s the double standard that was it for me

Kobe is a 5 time freaking champ. 5 times. Enough said

It's very hard for fans objectively evaluate their players. If you ask me Bulls fans Lauri markkanen is going to be a multiple time All-Star going forward. I don't Lakers fans think that all three of our young guys are going to be all stars and formed the next Golden State Warriors but realistically, that's not going to happen. More than likely only one of these guys will ever be an All-Star and it's unlikely that any of them they can all NBA team. If a deal came across that allowed us to get an all nba player in their Prime like Lillard or Leonard I think you have to do it especially if LeBron and Paul George are coming.

Honestly, out of the young core the only one I'd have major hesitations about trading is Ingram. If we could do a Lillard or Leonard deal for kuzma, ball, a first round pick in the second round pick I would do it.

Last edited:

I’m a huge Kobe fan and I just didn’t like how the media was always anti Kobe but pro LeBron from the get go. Even when LeBron was a rookie people were constantly praising him while trashing Kobe in the media despite Kobe’s dominance. It’s the double standard that was it for me

Some of y'all need to therapy to get over your decade-long hatred for LeBron. I'm trying to see the Lakers back in the playoffs and winning championships. Not going to let some decade-old beef with the best player in the game stop me from wanting to have him on my team.

Lakers fans are on the verge of becoming the Cowboys fans of Notre Dame fans of the NBA. We're going to be talking about our championships from decades ago while going .500 every year.

Reactions: God
We all thought Zo was gonna push the ball and be an open court PG more than what he showed last year. He did a lot of slowed up half court offense, dumping it in to Brook etc

If we get PG and LBJ, I envision a lot of walking the ball up and giving it to them in iso and allowing them to create. I don’t see us being a running ball movement team with them

QSfdxF23br.gif

atlsfinest atlsfinest

see what i mean?

they dont like they way the torch was passed

....’even when Lebron was a rookie.....’. they feel like he didnt earn it, like he skipped steps to get there.

heres the thing though, think about how silly it is to hate a player based off of what the media says about them

not his game
not his play on the court
but the root of your hate comes from the opinion of someone paid to have one on nattional tv

but thats what happens when you refuse to turn the channel

Some of y'all need to therapy to get over your decade-long hatred for LeBron. I'm trying to see the Lakers back in the playoffs and winning championships. Not going to let some decade-old beef with the best player in the game stop me from wanting to have him on my team.

Lakers fans are on the verge of becoming the Cowboys fans of Notre Dame fans of the NBA. We're going to be talking about our championships from decades ago while going .500 every year.
Sorry I should have added that LeBron would be amazing to have and I do think he’s 1b to Jordan. Just explaining why I hated him all those years.

I prefer PG13 and then another FA next year but if LeBron comes now with PG13 then I’ll be euphoric.

atlsfinest atlsfinest

see what i mean?

they dont like they way the torch was passed

....’even when Lebron was a rookie.....’. they feel like he didnt earn it, like he skipped steps to get there.

heres the thing though, think about how silly it is to hate a player based off of what the media says about them

not his game
not his play on the court
but the root of your hate comes from the opinion of someone paid to have one on nattional tv

but thats what happens when you refuse to turn the channel
Speak for y’all selves. Y’all hate Ball bc of media but if you think about it in a vacuum he was a 19 year old with the body of a 15 year old leading an NBA team. Averaging 10 7 and 7 on 5 percent shooting. Probably bench presses 95 pounds.

1. Magic will forever be the greatest Laker as far as impact goes
2. Keep the same energy for Bron if he comes and yall don't see results since yknow, it's not the East.
3. Lonzo gotta score. Doesn't matter how good of a passer he is. He has to prove that he can put the ball through the hoop, otherwise, teams are going to stay home on everybody else and make him shoot.
4. Some of yall are forgetting just how great Kobe was.

Speak for y’all selves. Y’all hate Ball bc of media but if you think about it in a vacuum he was a 19 year old with the body of a 15 year old leading an NBA team. Averaging 10 7 and 7 on 5 percent shooting. Probably bench presses 95 pounds.

you watch too much sports news

My biggest issue with ball are they clearing holes in his game. His broken jumpshot that makes him a historically low percentage shooter from the field and free throw shooter, his lack of explosion and ability to finish at the basket, and the fact that he missed over 1/3rd of the season.

If you would have had a monster rookie season, it would be a lot less criticism going his way.

Also, don't make it sound like the media reaction to ball is unprompted. It's based on his father constantly opening his mouth. Personally, I don't care what Lavar says he's just a crazy old guy trying to sell shoes and water. Perception is reality in this league, and other NBA free agents or watching Lavar and they don't want any part of this side show. It doesn't matter what the fans think the NBA media influences other teams and free agents. That's where the issue lies. Other teams and potential free agents are just "turning the channel", they see a player's parents turning the organization into a sideshow and they'd rather not deal with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom