**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

What's the rush? Are you terminally ill and want to see the Lakers win a chip before you pass?

Last edited:
Yes...let's expect 19-21 year olds to become top 5 players in their first few years.

Those are realistic expectations

What's the rush? Are you terminally ill and want to see the Lakers win a chip before you pass?
And what if I do have cancer? You gonna continue laughing and poking fun?
Yes...let's expect 19-21 year olds to become top 5 players in their first few years.

Those are realistic expectations
I pose the question once again...whether or not it takes the first few years or 6-8 years, you think DLo and Randle will be superstars aka elite aka top 5?

I think you may be missing my point. It's not about what I expect from DLo and Randle. It's all about those two will never be elite, which is why you get trade either or both for an elite level player while they still have considerable value based on their perceived potential.

If DLo and Randle end up being mediocre by the time their rookie contracts expire, do you think they will have as much or considerably less trade value? Rhetorical question.

Last edited:
This dude gotta be the worst poster I've seen here in years..
laugh.gif
Thanks for sharing your...Opinions are like ******** everybody got one and some stink more than others.

Do you have a crystal ball wheee you can claim they won't ever be elite? What are you basing this off of? The first 2 years the league?

Go look at Stephs, Klays, Dray, harden, Westbrook first 2 years in the league.

And wash ya face b

Funny how just ONE of you has answered these two questions. I wonder why.

So you all think DLo and Randle will be superstars in this league?

You think DLo and Randle are the type of franchise players that can put a team on their back and lead them to championship glory?

Do you have a crystal ball wheee you can claim they won't ever be elite? What are you basing this off of? The first 2 years the league?

And wash ya face b
I knew Westbrook would be a star in the NBA watching him at Pauley Pavilion. You can't teach killer instinct, not to mention the ball of energy Westbrook has displayed from high school all the way to the pros. Now having said this, there's a much better chance Randle gets closer to "elite" than Russell does. I think Randle has plenty of upside, but I just don't believe he will be a perennial All-Star like an Anthony Davis or a KAT.

I saw Harden at ASU and even watched him for Artesia High playing against Mater Dei and you could already see Harden's ability to create from everywhere on the court. In college, you could easily see why he would make a major impact in the league and I was not surprised one bit when he left OKC because it was clear he could put in 30 a game. If you couldn't see that when he was with OKC, you ain't seeing at all. He didn't need screens to make plays like Russell does. Harden could literally dunk on people as well and was more explosive than DLo. Anyone trying to compare DLo's game to Harden's doesn't know basketball.

You put Steph on any other team but the Warriors, and he doesn't win a title. The Warriors are fortunate enough to have an upper mgmt that knows how to source talent and they put together a hell of a team from scratch that knows how to play together. But guess what, Steph is replaceable and the Warriors would be just as good.

You put Conley or Kyrie or Lillard or Lowry on that Warriors team with KD, Klay, and Draymond and they would still win a chip because they are simply that loaded. You take out Kawhi or Aldridge and put Steph on the Spurs and you think the Spurs win the chip? Probably not.

Na homeboy, my face is always cleansed. But I'll go ahead and take your comment and wipe the floor with it.

Last edited:

And wash ya face b

You put Steph on any other team but the Warriors, and he doesn't win a title. The Warriors are fortunate enough to have an upper mgmt that knows how to source talent and they put together a hell of a team from scratch that knows how to play together. But guess what, Steph is replaceable and the Warriors would be just as good.

You put Conley or Kyrie or Lillard or Lowry on that Warriors team with KD, Klay, and Draymond and they would still win a chip because they are simply that loaded. You take out Kawhi or Aldridge and put Steph on the Spurs and you think the Spurs win the chip? Probably not.

Na homeboy, my face is always cleansed. But I'll go ahead and take your comment and wipe the floor with it.

This a joke? Please tell me your joking..

Curry just had 2 of the most historic seasons in recent history, back to back MVPs, and you think you can replace him with Conley?

Last edited:

And wash ya face b

Curry just had 2 of the most historic seasons in recent history, and you think you can replace him with Conley?
You do not know basketball my friend.

I had this conversation at the barbershop just three days ago and half the dudes in there (mind you, a couple of them played college hoops back in the day) agreed with me.

Last edited:

You think DLo and Randle are the type of franchise players that can put a team on their back and lead them to championship glory?
Ok, I'll go with your premise that you need a top 5 player to win a championship. Let's also assume that DLo, Randle and BI never become franchise players...

Now what? What would you do going forward?

And wash ya face b

Curry just had 2 of the most historic seasons in recent history, and you think you can replace him with Conley?

I had this conversation at the barbershop just three days ago and half the dudes in there (mind you, a couple of them played college hoops back in the day) agreed with me.

This supposed to be proof that you're right?

:rofl: :rofl:

And wash ya face b

roll.gif
roll.gif
Tell me something...

Who plays better on-ball defense, Conley or Curry? I'll give you a hint...go see the game when the Grizzlies beat the Clippers at Staples earlier this year (yeah, the game Conley scored like 35 on CP3 and held CP3 to well below his standards and literally shut him down in the stretch). And then go see how Curry plays defense against the Kyries and Westbrooks and CP3s of the world.

Now tell me something else...what would you think would happen if Conley brought his 16-18 ppg, 8 apg, and 2 spg to the Warriors? Do you think Durant and Klay would STEP UP their offense or step down their O? Do you think Conley's presence would improve the Warriors perimeter defense or detract from it? Do you think KD and Klay would then average 30+ since the Warriors would no longer have Curry's three pointers or do you think the Warriors would depend on Conley to step up his offensive output?

Hmm.....

Now tell me this:  What can you tell me about Conley's PICK AND ROLL game? Superb or subpar? Now imagine the Warriors motion and PNR offense with Conley running it with Draymond and Conley's ability to find the open man and penetrate and dish. That's if of course you know exactly who Mike Conley is and what his floor game entails. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Ok, I'll go with your premise that you need a top 5 player to win a championship. Let's also assume that DLo, Randle and BI never become franchise players...

Now what? What would you do going forward?
The Lakers have to trade one or two of these young assets as part of a package to acquire a franchise player. However they do it, they need to get it done sooner than later.

And wash ya face b

:rofl: :rofl:

Tell me something...

Who plays better on-ball defense, Conley or Curry? I'll give you a hint...go see the game when the Grizzlies beat the Clippers at Staples earlier this year (yeah, the game Conley scored like 35 on CP3 and held CP3 to well below his standards and literally shut him down in the stretch). And then go see how Curry plays defense against the Kyries and Westbrooks and CP3 of the world.

Now tell me something else...what would you think would happen if Conley brought his 16-18 ppg, 8 apg, and 2 spg to the Warriors? Do you think Durant and Klay would STEP UP their offense or step down their O? Do you think Conley's presence would improve the Warriors perimeter defense or detract from it? Do you think KD and Klay would then average 30+ since the Warriors would no longer have Curry's three pointers or do you think the Warriors would depend on Conley to step up his offensive output?

Hmm.....

Now tell me this:  What can you tell me about Conley's PICK AND ROLL game? Superb or subpar? Now imagine the Warriors motion and PNR offense with Conley running it with Draymond and Conley's ability to find the open man and penetrate and dish. That's if of course you know exactly who Mike Conley is and what his floor game entails. :lol:

1) Curry is an excellent team defender, don't have the metrics to reference but I'm sure they're a wash defensively.

2) Durant just got there, I'm talking about the last 2 years. You think Barnes is stepping up and dropping 30? You think klay won't be getting double teamed ever single time down?
Conleys PNR would be mute if couldn't shoot at the same rate Steph shot.

Back
Top Bottom