**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Cp you soundin like Stephen A wit ya bald headed ***. It was a ISO that resulted in a fall away jumpshot over a much taller defender. That is never a good play in any situation

Fault Luke for not having a play with a counter if his first option was taken away. Fault IT for also being an idiot and tryin to be a hero.

:lol:

Again, without BI, there isn't another Laker that can get his own shot better than IT.

Randle was covered, IT ran out to mid court, and got a 10 footer in 3 seconds. (7.5 clock starts, he's letting go of shot with 4 seconds left)

No other Laker is doin that. Brooke, KCP, Kuzma are not getting that close of a look in 3 seconds. We were down only 1, a long 3 wasn't needed, even a foul woulda gotten our best Free Throw shooter a chance to win, as the second option.

If BI was available, woulda looked very different. Alas...

Wouldnt be completely mad with a loss today. Obviously Id like a win but even with a loss we're pretty solid in our standing (
giving pick 11-12 to Sixers.) And a win for the Pacers gives them a better chance of finishing over Cavs (helps our pick)

I'm not tryin to go hard at anyone, I'm not trying to sway anyone any certain way.

But we need to be honest about our team, and our players.

Same way people were irrationally angry with Pau for years, or Lamar was too nonchalant, or Bynum wasn't doin this, or Farmar never passed to Kobe, etc, that's what we're doin here.

Like it or not, when BI is unavailable and Clarkson gone, IT is thee best shot creator (for himself) on the roster. Ball is the best shot creator FOR OTHERS, but he can't really create his own shot that well, especially with confidence. Hell, the kid is struggling with floaters.

Lou Williams WAS our best shot creator, he's gone. Kobe for years, he's gone. Right now, with no BI, it's IT. I'm sorry, but it's the damn truth.

We all love Kuz, love this kid. Bright future. But he is not out here breakin ankles, showin off his handles on a nightly basis. Catch and shoot, finishing at the rim, cuts to the basket, he's great, but he is not iso'ing guys and breakin them down, especially not from half court.

KCP has the occasional nice move, I'd certainly place him ahead of Kuz, but he isn't better at it than IT is.

I "think" (I'm not 100%) I think, Ball was going to pass to Randle, and then possibly a dribble hand off back to Ball who would then have the option to kick out to KCP or Kuz when the defense collapsed. I think I heard that was the call, a dribble hand off with Randle. Randle rolling, Ball driving, and KCP/Kuz spotting up does seem like a solid play IF that was the call, but we don't know, because they swarmed Randle. Lonzo didn't have an angle to get it to KCP or Kuz, and Brooke isn't a viable option with 7 seconds either.

That doesn't mean I like IT, or hate Brooke, or Kuz, or any of that. I'm goin off the roster we currently have, and the options available. Miami didn't call time, and they had Dragic in complete control getting his own shot, Kuz had the ball and looked like a dear in headlights, and Luke stopped play to draw up a play. If Kuz was really our best option, he could/should have just driven his way to the basket, right? But that wasn't happening.

He had the ball before we called time, did he look like he had his path to the basket figured out? :lol:

He spent 6-7 seconds crossing half court man. He doesn't have the handles yet to get his own, lot of his work comes off cuts, catch and shoots, etc.

those are 2 completely different scenarios though. rebounding then dribbling up court or catching on the perimeter then attacking the basket are not even the same. he catches at the wing all the time and attacks quick with no issue. you can't use 2 different scenarios to justify the point you wanna make

those are 2 completely different scenarios though. rebounding then dribbling up court or catching on the perimeter then attacking the basket are not even the same. he catches at the wing all the time and attacks quick with no issue. you can't use 2 different scenarios to justify the point you wanna make

I'm saying. Kuz has never got to the basket at end of quarter situations or a shot out of a timeout? Never mind the rhythm factor as well. IT was off the entire night. We all were screaming from the suite why is he in the damn game before the play even happened. Called he was going to take a hero shot before it even happened.

I'm saying. Kuz has never got to the basket at end of quarter situations or a shot out of a timeout? Never mind the rhythm factor as well. IT was off the entire night. We all were screaming from the suite why is he in the damn game before the play even happened. Called he was going to take a hero shot before it even happened.

I couldn't even care less about the situation. I thought it was ridiculous to say there is not a single other player on the lakers that couldn't get to the basket in 3 seconds off an isolation. 3 seconds is an eternity. Russ went full court and had a 2 hand dunk in 4 seconds

Ok, so Kuzma can attack the rim at will, because 3 seconds is a long time, yet here you are saying it's different, when Kuzma was stuck at mid court dribbling like Ron Artest?

Which is it? Because he was havin a pretty rough time crossin half court man. :lol:

And using Russ as an example......c'mon now. C'mon now man. :lol:

IT caught the ball at half court and got a 10 footer, you think Kuz was in position to do that from where he was, if Luke didn't call TO, even tho it took him 5-6 seconds just to reach half court, with just a little pressure against him?

Ok, so Kuzma can attack the rim at will, because 3 seconds is a long time, yet here you are saying it's different, when Kuzma was stuck at mid court dribbling like Ron Artest?

Which is it? Because he was havin a pretty rough time crossin half court man. :lol:

And using Russ as an example......c'mon now. C'mon now man. :lol:

IT caught the ball at half court and got a 10 footer, you think Kuz was in position to do that from where he was, if Luke didn't call TO, even tho it took him 5-6 seconds just to reach half court, with just a little pressure against him?

You're not making any sense. He literally took 3 dribbles and shot a step back fadeaway. Any player in the NBA can get that shot. Do you really think getting a rebound in an open court situation like that and catching the ball at the wing in a triple threat is the same thing? Seriously? Also there were 7 seconds on the clock, not just 3...so why is 3 seconds so important anyway. It's not he HAD to go that fast. I used russ to show you that 3 seconds is a long *** time and how much ground can be covered in that short of a time by an NBA athlete. You think it would take kuz 7 seconds to catch on the perimeter and shoot a stepback fadeaway?

For the analytics nerds who say kuzma isn't a good iso player

Reactions: MVP
You're not making any sense. He literally took 3 dribbles and shot a step back fadeaway. Any player in the NBA can get that shot. Do you really think getting a rebound in an open court situation like that and catching the ball at the wing in a triple threat is the same thing? Seriously? Also there were 7 seconds on the clock, not just 3...so why is 3 seconds so important anyway. It's not he HAD to go that fast. I used russ to show you that 3 seconds is a long *** time and how much ground can be covered in that short of a time by an NBA athlete. You think it would take kuz 7 seconds to catch on the perimeter and shoot a stepback fadeaway?

For the analytics nerds who say kuzma isn't a good iso player

First, I'm not saying Kuzma is a bad anything. I'm saying he isn't taking dudes off the dribble on the regular. He doesn't have those kind of handles.

Sure, on the wing/triple threat he can get something done, but that option is out when Randle goes to that spot, Kuz isn't going to be able to go to the same spot, before the ball is inbounded. And Ball can't lob to the other wing.

IT came out near mid court to collect. Kuz was gonna blow by his defender from there? Then why didn't he just do that before the TO?

I like not calling a timeout and attacking right away, but IIRC Miami did a really good job of getting back on defense so I was ok with calling the timeout.

IT got a pretty good look and he should've made the shot.

Yea it would be nice to give Kuz some of those chances but can't really get mad at the actual shot IT got.

The part that frustrates me is that we didn't get to see the young guns run together for very man games this season. I would have loved to see a 20+ game stretch with Zo, Hart, Kuzma and Ingram all in the line-up. Injuries really derailed us just as we began hitting our stride.

Back
Top Bottom