**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Kobe-Bryant-7-640x413.jpg

“There was nothing like trying to guard Kobe in his prime. Watching him, I had a lot of nostalgia of the battles. And he used to be such a jerk to me. The fact that it was even insinuated that I even had somewhat of a chance to guard him, it was the most insulting thing to Kobe. So he was the biggest jerk to me. Like I’m out there spreading all these things about I’m the Kobe Stopper, I can guard him, and he just used to be the biggest jerk. Never speak to me. He’d hit my shoulder as I walked by, like he was trying to put me in my place.”

Battier would continue with how he chose to respond to Kobe’s actions, engaging in psychological warfare:

“I’m like, “Kobe, give it a rest. I don’t care.” I always tried to play up how slow I was and how unathletic I was, that I was just lucky that Kobe missed some shots. When it came to Kobe, it was a lot of false humility because I knew that would drive him even crazier. That was my version of being passive-aggressive towards Kobe, so he was trying to impose his will on me and I was trying to undermine him by being super passive. It was like the best psychological game of all time, and only he and I were in on the joke.”

I disagree. They're gunna get rid of JC and they're not gunna resign Randle so they can get as close to 2 maxes as possible. It might not lead to anything but I bet they're still gunna try.

Boogie's injury and Pg's love affair with Russ is exactly why you don't gut your team prematurely. They're not gonna sign anybody and I'm fine with that

Boogie's injury and Pg's love affair with Russ is exactly why you don't gut your team prematurely. They're not gonna sign anybody and I'm fine with that

I agree with you, more than likely it's gunna be hard to sign anyone to a max contract.

But I bet they keep the ball rolling and just push it to next year hoping for Leonard or some ****.

I think with Boogie Done they may just fall back at the deadline, also if Love didn't get hurt I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they offered Randle & Clarkson for Love

When the Los Angeles Lakers take the court on Wednesday night against the Orlando Magic, a player in the second year of his four-year $72 million deal won't be on the court. He won't be in street clothes watching from the bench, either, because he's not injured.

So, what exactly does Luol Deng do during games? Where is he?

"During the game, I do as much conditioning as I can," Deng, standing in the visitors' locker room in Toronto ahead of tip-off, tells NBCLA.com. "At home, there's a time period where me meet at 30 (minutes before tip-off). The warmup and everything is at 24 minutes. I try to use that time. I might miss a little bit of the first quarter, but I watch the games."

What’s the richest contract we can offer Paul George ? Is it gonna be one of those situations where we end up owing $35 M to a 35 year old?

PG taking less than the max, nike will compensate him in royaties for signing in LA
PG shoes gonna get marked up by 20%
belee dat

So what is the max we can offer PG? 6 yrs / $210?

4 years/130 million this summer

He could also sign a 2 year deal at 62 mil to get to his 10 year vet status and then resign a 5 year/217 million in 2020.

OKC can offer him an extra year because of his bird rights

Thanks mamba. Hard to believe someone will give him that 5 year deal at age 30, so he’d probably take the 4 year deal from us if he wanted to come here, unless he wants to take that risk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom