**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I doubt Dlo plays more than 20 minutes he's still working his way back from the injury.

Orlando and Brooklyn should be Wins this week. OKC on Sunday. Hopefully Lonzo is back by then.

thumb.jpg

Forget Team #Letthemgrow. Let's say we strike out in free agency and bring all the young guys back, what do you guys think the ceiling for this team is? We have a bunch of mismatched players whose skillsets don't fit the style of play Luke is trying to implement. We'd be peak at a first round exit team IMO.

Reactions: God
Forget Team #Letthemgrow. Let's say we strike out in free agency and bring all the young guys back, what do you guys think the ceiling for this team is? We have a bunch of mismatched players whose skillsets don't fit the style of play Luke is trying to implement. We'd be peak at a first round exit team IMO.

Everyone on team let them grow still wants PG13.

We just don’t want the entire team broken up for PG13 and Bron so we can be Cavs lite.

Last edited:
deals are basically the same
noah is more useful to us especially if lopez is not going to be retained .
worst case, you end up stretching him the same way you wouldve done to deng anyway

Noah been washed man. All he'd be able to do is mentor as well.

at this point its just a contract...and that contract may very well end up stretched out in a few months anyway
*shrug

You'll owe more money on the cap to Noah though even in a stretch situation. If they can even stretch a traded player. Makes no sense.

I'd send KCP and JC to Detroit for AB.

Is he on the block? Does Detroit want KCP back???

AB would fit perfectly next to PG and Lonzo

I'd send KCP and JC to Detroit for AB.

Is he on the block? Does Detroit want KCP back???

AB would fit perfectly next to PG and Lonzo

Salaries don't match up but I've always liked Bradley even though he's been a bit injured.

Who, specifically, doesn't fit the style Luke uses?

Avery Bradley is super overrated.

Pistons are 3-17 since he returned.
For 3 consecutive years, his team plays better defense when he's not on the court.

Guy is getting by on reputation. He's really not good.

He also just got accused of sexual assault and paid the accuser to make it to away. I know he is Rob's former client but I'm all the way good on him being a Laker.

He's a major upgrade over what we currently have...

These aren't the same numbers that say Spurs defensively are better with Kawhi off the floor are they?

Who, specifically, doesn't fit the style Luke uses?

Randle, Nance, Clarkson. We're trying to be the Warriors-lite with players who can defend multiple positions and shoot. I'll admit our defense is getting better but offensively the pieces don't fit. We can't shoot and everyone other than Zo is playing tunnel-vision, me-first basketball.

Reactions: God
He's a major upgrade over what we currently have...

These aren't the same numbers that say Spurs defensively are better with Kawhi off the floor are they?

If you trade for Bradley you're doing to either:
1. Get rid of Clarkson's contract & let Bradley walk this offseason
2. Sign Bradley to a long term deal.

The Celtics have not lost anything on defense without Bradley. In fact, they might be better. Marcus smart is prolly a better defender.

Bradley in Defensive RPM for the last 3 seasons (at his position) ranks 66, 78 & 42.

Check out this article for more information: https://t.co/TsODh250yj

That article was written during the offseason. Before he came in and stunk up the joint in Detroit.

Randle, Nance, Clarkson. We're trying to be the Warriors-lite with players who can defend multiple positions and shoot. I'll admit our defense is getting better but offensively the pieces don't fit. We can't shoot and everyone other than Zo is playing tunnel-vision, me-first basketball.

Yeah, that's not accurate, at all.

First off, the 3 players you listed happen to be playing the best basketball of anyone on the team along with Kuzma.
Second, Clarkson can't shoot?
Third, Nance and Randle absolutely defend multiple positions, and while they are not great shooters, Draymond and Iggy aren't exactly lights out themselves.

Point is, surround them with other shooters and open up lanes, and all 3 of these guys would absolutely flourish in a spread out, open court game. Adding PG would be a nice step. Kuzma/Ball/Ingram all continuing to grow and improve would be a nice second step. Then you literally just need 1-2 more versatile players (maybe Hart could be one of them) and you would suddenly have a young, GSW "lite" roster with plenty of room to grow.

Removing the 3 guys you listed would literally just leave us 3 solid young kids and nothing at all around them. And hopes of that being enough to lure PG.

Back
Top Bottom