**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Nobody on this team has a clear defined role or is depended upon besides lonzo(which can change) so that’s why u see dudes disappearing all the time and everyone is volatile when it comes to scoring. That’s on the coach and the front office. Or whoever’s drawing up plays and telling players what they gon do

Okay foreals now.
Which Laker game should we do a summit at?

I know we been sayin it for years but now the team is actually worth attending for :lol:
I can pretty much take any friday or monday off work to drive down for this but I would just need 3 weeks notice so lets get to planning.
Please answer the poll if youre down so we can get a headcount :nerd:

Growing around elite talent? I think that's exactly what you want to put them around. He hasn't been as volatile since getting out of Sac which is probably the worst run franchise in the league.

I don't see it as black and white as elite talent vs not, if you want a ball dominating, low effort on defense, hothead then be my guest. Dude was just losing his **** against the Warriors a week or two ago he's not written off as "all good now" yet

Lonzo put up 7/5/5 in 28 minutes so naturally the sports news networks have topics dedicated to Ball and how he sucks and how Luke benched him and how they should start Clarkson etc.

- Lakers need to sell high on Clarkson. Package him with Randle to get Deng's contract off the books. Do it Magic!
- I think Ingram has all the skills to be an all-NBA player and I don't think its a 'hunger' thing. We all know he works on his game. His issue seems to be his mentality. He's way too comfortable disappearing for long stretches.

He's super nonchalant on the floor court.

IMO he cares too much about his hair and his appearance, commercials, etc... A bit Hollywood if you will. Dunno if that's the attitude we need here.

we tied up 30+ million to sign DENG & MOGZOV........ we pretty much paid to trade draft picks & dudes STILL wanna talk down on Derozan :lol:

:rofl:

Bruh we literally spent $130 mil to trade away D LO and ****** still talkin about Derozan

Lonzo put up 7/5/5 in 28 minutes so naturally the sports news networks have topics dedicated to Ball and how he sucks and how Luke benched him and how they should start Clarkson etc.

Dude is a rookie... real ball people know its not the end of the world...

No Clarkson shouldn't be starting... but if you don't have major concerns moving forward you lying.

The game literally before this one, Ball put up 19/13/11/3/4 the only such game in NBA history, and Clarkson was atrocious in that very same game and half the world wanted Clarkson shipped outta here.

48 hours later.......

This world is a cesspool of idiotic, shortsighted hot takes.

Dude is a rookie... real ball people know its not the end of the world...

No Clarkson shouldn't be starting... but if you don't have major concerns moving forward you lying.
I wouldn't say "major"

I mean what were you expecting? 15 15 and 9 on 60% shooting with Kobe like mentality night in and night out?

I was expecting 11/6/8 from Zo this season. He's not too far off from that.

I was expecting 11/6/8 from Zo this season. He's not too far off from that.

He's not far off from my expectations put I didn't anticipate a historically low shooting percentage either. It's going to be a struggle for him to get to 40% FG from the field this season. He needs to take the Ben Simmons approach and just stop shooting 3s altogether.

The game literally before this one, Ball put up 19/13/11/3/4 the only such game in NBA history, and Clarkson was atrocious in that very same game and half the world wanted Clarkson shipped outta here.

48 hours later.......

This world is a cesspool of idiotic, shortsighted hot takes.

true. people get caught in the moment. We all know how good Clarkson is and that Zo will be alright in the end.
Dude don't even need a jumper and he's sorta effective.

For the NT summit. It would be best on a Sunday game. Games start a little earlier at 6:30PM. Traffic around LA, Socal, OC, and people coming from SD like myself isn't to bad.

Friday's I can't do it do to working and not getting off until 5pm and traffic is the absolute worst that day of the week. Good luck to anyone trying to make to DTLA for a game at a 7:45 tip off.

Kuz was on 710, said the Lakers, Spurs and Nets were the teams that were most interested in drafting him in the late 1st rd.

I've always felt like he would've been there even if we didn't make the nets trade but maybe they would have taken him.

Kuz was on 710, said the Lakers, Spurs and Nets were the teams that were most interested in drafting him in the late 1st rd.

I've always felt like he would've been there even if we didn't make the nets trade but maybe they would have taken him.

Kuzma on the Spurs would be unfair :sick::sick::sick:. He's balling with our scrub roster and bad coaching. Imagine what Popovich could do with him? They'd made him a taller Kawhi clone with a wet jumper from day one.

Lol instead of praying for lebron and PG to come here And getting fined, Magic needs to infiltrate the training/coaching staff of the spurs and steal some info :smh:

Everyone knows this. Heck, the people reporting on Zo know this too. People blame the media for covering Zo's every move but ask any sports writer, they see an uptick in traffic, views, clicks, etc. when a headline has Zo's name in it as opposed to other topics. People say they hate the over coverage of Zo but keep driving traffic to stories about him. There's no incentive for the media to stop talking about it until people stop showing interest.

This is what you're going to get when you have someone like Lavar talking into every microphone possible for a year. As Lakers fans, we need to put his struggles into the proper perspective and realize that he's 14 games into a (hopefully) 1000 game career with the Lakers.

Last edited:
This dude Kuz playing just as good as this years #3 (if not better) Jayson Tatum. True or False?

I'm impressed.

Back
Top Bottom