**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

the lakers are different tho

if you aint an all star after two years you getting your *** traded lol

The Giannis comparison sounds good in theory, but then you take the fact that Giannis had only been playing basketball for < 5 years & was learning how to play the game, while BI has been doing this for entire life and it doesn't hold up.

Idk about others, but it was easy to tell Giannis was gunna be an all star. BI isn't Giannis.

I agree, give him time. But y'all are the ones comparing him to hall of fame caliber players. Id like to add that he's coming in with a lot more hype than Giannis, PG, Kawhi or whoever... he was the 2nd pick. Those other guys were projects like BI, but they weren't top 3 picks. BI should have higher expectations due to his draft status.

I seem to recall another 2nd pick who was unfairly scrutinized for no reason. Why stop now? Especially when this 2 pick hasn't put up numbers anywhere close to the 2 pick who got ran out of town? Especially when this 2 pick is getting outplayed by a 27 pick?

I agree, give him time. But y'all are the ones comparing him to hall of fame caliber players. Id like to add that he's coming in with a lot more hype than Giannis, PG, Kawhi or whoever... he was the 2nd pick. Those other guys were projects like BI, but they weren't top 3 picks. BI should have higher expectations due to his draft status.

I seem to recall another 2nd pick who was unfairly scrutinized for no reason. Why stop now? Especially when this 2 pick hasn't put up numbers anywhere close to the 2 pick who got ran out of town? Especially when this 2 pick is getting outplayed by a 27 pick?

Delicious

Look at Paul George's progression year over year progression from his rookie year:
Rebs Assists Pts
3.7 1.1 7.8
5.6 2.4 12.1
7.6 4.1 17.4
6.8 3.5 21.7

Similar pattern. When you draft an 19 year old you need to be patient. There aren't many 20 year old 20 point per game scorers in the league. Ingram is a project. He's just a ball of potential with no refined NBA skill. If you looked at PG or Giannis after their rookie seasons would you have believed that either of them would ever be all-NBA players?

L
O
L

The Giannis comparison sounds good in theory, but then you take the fact that Giannis had only been playing basketball for < 5 years & was learning how to play the game, while BI has been doing this for entire life and it doesn't hold up.

Idk about others, but it was easy to tell Giannis was gunna be an all star. BI isn't Giannis.
really?
is that why he was drafted 15th ?

I've prolly seen like 100-150 Giannis games in my life. He's been one of my top 3 favorites since he's been in the league.
I turned into a huge fan his 1st year because he was doing ridiculous **** at 19. Like **** that didn't make any sense. His athleticism & length combined with that raw potential was ridiculous. He barely knew how to play but you could tell he was destined for greatness.

I ask because I'm guessing you watch a lot more Lakers than bucks. So you see all of Ingram's warts and struggles whereas you're catching highlights or a handful of good games from Greek. I didn't see him play as a rookie but I've looked at his numbers before and they were pretty damn bad at times. You could take about 20 games from bi and say he looks like a star imo

I ask because I'm guessing you watch a lot more Lakers than bucks. So you see all of Ingram's warts and struggles whereas you're catching highlights or a handful of good games from Greek. I didn't see him play as a rookie but I've looked at his numbers before and they were pretty damn bad at times. You could take about 20 games from bi and say he looks like a star imo
its safe to say we all saw BI post all star mark and said..." yeah, the tools are there and we cant wait to see him put it all together"

its safe to say we all saw BI post all star mark and said..." yeah, the tools are there and we cant wait to see him put it all together"

I'm pretty sure it was a similar line of thinking with Giannis since he was frail as well and had a season high of 16 points his rookie year. The production wasn't really there to warrant that type of hype after year 1.

Giannis post AS break rookie season: 7/4/2 on 40% shooting
BI post AS break rookie season: 13/4/3 on 48% shooting

Last edited:
give BI time because he has all the skills to be great, all the tools on both ends to be great......he needs to put it all together and get stonger.....that takes time.
It's a little disappointing that after all the offseason chatter from the organization and players about BI and his development, that he didn't come out and really show his growth in these preseason games. He seems out of control and gets forgotten in the offense. I still think he'll have a good year and will show improvement, but definitely not 20 ppg.

BI just trying to live up to his new moniker right now. He's adjusting to being that assertive guy, I think he's going to be fine. Defense seems to be on point though and improving.

Apparently starting Kuzma is 'on the table' via Laker Nation.

Magic dumb for putting so much pressure on BI.

All we need BI to do this year is play good to great D. Get a steal here and there. Block here and there. Hit his open 3s consistently. Bring ball up at times and play make. Continue to get stronger and learn etc.

I do question Luke Waltons coaching at times too. Remember his weird line ups last year...playing guys at like 20 minutes a game in the first half of the season. Bench players would finish games at random times etc. Still early but he's gotta be better this year.

Also, watching Mozgov play, I wish we could have somehow fleeced BK to take Deng instead of Mozgov. Especially considering Zubac is HORRIBLE and Bogut will never be healthy.

walton is on the clock?
defense has been terrible, whether its the players or not
the coach will get the shade in that regard...Magic gonna bring back byron...

walton is on the clock?
defense has been terrible, whether its the players or not
the coach will get the shade in that regard...Magic gonna bring back byron...
typical NT response...

He's not on the clock but don't act like he's the next Pop or PJax like he's made out to be.

I'm surei t was
I do question Luke Waltons coaching at times too. Remember his weird line ups last year...playing guys at like 20 minutes a game in the first half of the season. Bench players would finish games at random times etc. Still early but he's gotta be better this year.

Also, watching Mozgov play, I wish we could have somehow fleeced BK to take Deng instead of Mozgov. Especially considering Zubac is HORRIBLE and Bogut will never be healthy.

All facts. Luke legit looked like he was just trying random line-ups at points last year. Many times when Dlo would get hot and then get benched and that would kill momentum. I think that we're going to experiment with Randle at Center. For all the hate he's gotten in this thread, he's looked better this pre-season. I see Randle splitting his 30-ish minutes per game between PF and C and freeing up minutes for Kuzma at the SF/PF spot.

Reactions: DLF
Back
Top Bottom