Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

I had to show the people at work this, if I could rep you 2x bcuz they just died
I think that gif is my all-time favorite gif on NT.
roll.gif
the first time i saw it i nearly died laughing, then watching it agin with friends at work made me realize this gif will not get old to me
roll.gif

Man ya'll never played ball in the heights. You can play ball in anything, them taxi drivers be playing ball in shoes :lol:

Bruh, wut? Everybody, unless you're in a 3rd wold country, plays ball in shoes.

i'll keep that in mind I did pass on $190 so far

you misunderstand, It bcuz it's a sig ext shoe that gives me the chance to like it and I love the comfort I don't think I can say that enough, even more so than the aesthetic, for instance i'll never buy the hyper rev exts no name attached to it, had they been kyrie exts instead i'd prob had bought them, NIKE brainwashing at it's finest
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif
 I have gotten pickier with my ext purchases though, like I've no desire for the 8 red suede yots or the red x ext, but the black mid, gold mid and white high will be grabbed once lowered, got the fits ready too

now i'm really confused, do you ball in pinnacles? I love the materials of the pinnacles but AJ1s are so god awful to me that I don't take a 2nd look, but that's what every ext is for me, a nice casual shoe that looks good with my casual outfits
1. Personally I find it silly to arbitrarily stamp something as a signature when it has little to do with the signature athlete or athletes in general. The red suedes and the 9s do a lot more for me.

2. the point that I was trying to convey is pinnacles are only marginally less performance conducive than the regular AJ1 (not trying to argue that the AJ1 is a good ball shoe). I wish the EXTs were just the same shoe just with high quality materials for aesthetics alone, that don't dramatically detract form performance or comfort. 

i'll keep that in mind I did pass on $190 so far

you misunderstand, It bcuz it's a sig ext shoe that gives me the chance to like it and I love the comfort I don't think I can say that enough, even more so than the aesthetic, for instance i'll never buy the hyper rev exts no name attached to it, had they been kyrie exts instead i'd prob had bought them, NIKE brainwashing at it's finest
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif
 I have gotten pickier with my ext purchases though, like I've no desire for the 8 red suede yots or the red x ext, but the black mid, gold mid and white high will be grabbed once lowered, got the fits ready too

now i'm really confused, do you ball in pinnacles? I love the materials of the pinnacles but AJ1s are so god awful to me that I don't take a 2nd look, but that's what every ext is for me, a nice casual shoe that looks good with my casual outfits
1. Personally I find it silly to arbitrarily stamp something as a signature when it has little to do with the signature athlete or athletes in general. The red suedes and the 9s do a lot more for me.

2. the point that I was trying to convey is pinnacles are only marginally less performance conducive than the regular AJ1 (not trying to argue that the AJ1 is a good ball shoe). I wish the EXTs were just the same shoe just with high quality materials for aesthetics alone, that don't dramatically detract form performance or comfort. 
maybe you should try ballin' in the AJ1 Treks
laugh.gif
 I'll make this the final time I address this but it's been fun debating even with us being on two completely diff cares, the shoe is stamped sig bcuz it's the sig shoe and takes elements from the performance shoe but for casual use and to get more money out the people, love the exts bcuz I don't ball, they're made for people like me that want the casual appeal of the shoe and care not for the performance, which it seems is why the shoe is not for you but hey maybe i'm crazy
tired.gif

I play better in my sperrys than I would my exts
your post get more and more comedic
roll.gif

Last edited:

laugh.gif
 I'll make this the final time I address this but it's been fun debating even with us being on two completely diff cares, the shoe is stamped sig bcuz it's the sig shoe and takes elements from the performance shoe but for casual use and to get more money out the people, love the exts bcuz I don't ball, they're made for people like me that want the casual appeal of the shoe and care not for the performance, which it seems is why the shoe is not for you but hey maybe i'm crazy
tired.gif

roll.gif

They used to make the ext's for a different reason, and i wish they still did so. That being said, i am glad that they fulfill your needs.

And lol, the exts really blistered the hell out of my feet and ankles when i tried playing in them. If theres two things that should be taken from this is 1. the exts are god awful for balling/exercise and 2. some people still like them regardless.

laugh.gif
tired.gif

roll.gif
They used to make the ext's for a different reason, and i wish they still did so. That being said, i am glad that they fulfill your needs.

And lol, the exts really blistered the hell out of my feet and ankles when i tried playing in them. If theres two things that should be taken from this is 1. the exts are god awful for balling/exercise and 2. some people still like them regardless.
nike has stated that the exts are an off court extension for casual appeal since day one why is this hard for you to understand? is it because a couple of pros said idc and i can ball in anything and did? i wouldn't ball in my lebron X XI XII, Kobe VIII IX X, or KD VII exts and don't recommend anyone else either, i mean could you ball in corks? prob, should you.....well it's your money. I could ball in my kobe x white mids, i wouldn't bcuz i don't want to mess them up but i've worn those things for over 8hrs a couple times with no blisters, bruises or anything while making my step counts for the day walking all over the place, maybe you got the wrong size, blistering usually comes from your foot sliding around in your shoe and rubbing, you also may just, what we call in the army, well i can't say that (2nd word is feet) from people blistering up during ruck marches, otherwise idk what else to tell you

If i balled in EXT's i'd have to size down, double sock and prepare for a long break in period. Its pointless to do so though.

If i balled in EXT's i'd have to size down, double sock and prepare for a long break in period. Its pointless to do so though.
my Xs felt broken in the first day, easier to deal with than breaking in than the KD7 exts that's for sure, though i'm sure there's a break in diff between casual mall walking all day and playing ball so pay no attention to me

Last edited:
Finally doubled up on the mambacurials.  NDC code and Ebates cash I had laying around in my PP account., $70 out the door!

Finally doubled up on the mambacurials.  NDC code and Ebates cash I had laying around in my PP account., $70 out the door!
I picked up 2 from the jump - just gotta play the waiting game now for discounts and send the full price pair back. So to speak.

They used to make the ext's for a different reason, and i wish they still did so.
What?
i'm sure he was refering to the running shoe exts which had materials changed to prem styles in most cases but with the advances in tech on shoes.....i'll never wear a leather or suede shoe for performace, give me that mesh or breathable plastic or better yet FKAM FTW when i do army pt

i'm sure he was refering to the running shoe exts which had materials changed to prem styles in most cases but with the advances in tech on shoes.....i'll never wear a leather or suede shoe for performace, give me that mesh or breathable plastic or better yet FKAM FTW when i do army pt
Ah, ok.

Personally, I buy the EXT versions for the more interesting upper builds - I could care less if they perform the same, since I have performance kicks if I want that. I think this model year I got 4 total - 2 KD and 2 LeBron. No Kobes for me this year, but I have all 4 from last year.

nike has stated that the exts are an off court extension for casual appeal since day one why is this hard for you to understand? is it because a couple of pros said idc and i can ball in anything and did? i wouldn't ball in my lebron X XI XII, Kobe VIII IX X, or KD VII exts and don't recommend anyone else either, i mean could you ball in corks? prob, should you.....well it's your money. I could ball in my kobe x white mids, i wouldn't bcuz i don't want to mess them up but i've worn those things for over 8hrs a couple times with no blisters, bruises or anything while making my step counts for the day walking all over the place, maybe you got the wrong size, blistering usually comes from your foot sliding around in your shoe and rubbing, you also may just, what we call in the army, well i can't say that (2nd word is feet) from people blistering up during ruck marches, otherwise idk what else to tell you
While nike now states that, i believe that EXTs used to be an lifestyle extension of athletic footwear, and now they are an athletic inspired extension of casual footwear. I think what is so special about the corks is that they would be such a good ball shoe if you so chose. The nate robinson thing is very different from players choosing to play in EXT 9s because they are actually good for playing in. I doubt wes matthews etc were trying to prove a point, they just liked the color ways or how it played. And trust me I had the right size, they were just plain uncomfortable, unbendable, do not offer the same heel support. You're a soldier dammit you could ball in boots! (btw thank you for your service) But I wouldn't not ball in the kobe X ext's because i was afraid to mess them up, but because I'd be afraid they'd mess me up.

You wouldn't have to do that with the other EXTs.

my Xs felt broken in the first day, easier to deal with than breaking in than the KD7 exts that's for sure, though i'm sure there's a break in diff between casual mall walking all day and playing ball so pay no attention to me
Never worn the KDs.
read above

Back
Top Bottom