Kobe Bryant Signs Max Contract Extension With The Lakers

I FR3SH I:
Stupid move by Kupchak. Shouldve let him walk and gone after Lebron
I'm glad we've got Kobe (not Frobe) the next 3 years (and presumably for the rest of his career)... HOWEVA... if we would have landed LeBron this summer, words not be able to express my happiness. We would have transitioned from the final years of the NBA's elite... to the prime years of one of the NBA's elite.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I FR3SH I:
I'm glad we've got Kobe (nor Frobe) the next 3 years (and presumably for the rest of his career)... HOWEVA... if we would have landed LeBron this summer, words not be able to express my happiness. We would have transitioned from the final years to one of the NBA's elite... to the prime years of one of the NBA's elite.
smokin.gif

indifferent.gif

HANNSUM takes Kobe hating to a new high
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
but on the real congrats to Kobe. Hate you on the court but get your paper boo boo.

congrats to kobe. very very deserved.

Sucks the thread is filled with childish arguements by stans and haters. I dont feel like kobe is the best anymore but who am I to come into a contract extension thread to spew that around to start petty arguements.

Hope kobe doesnt decline fast, I for one do not take him for grannit and I'm a magic fan and lebron is my favorite player

I FR3SH I:
I'm glad we've got Kobe (not Frobe) the next 3 years (and presumably for the rest of his career)... HOWEVA... if we would have landed LeBron this summer, words not be able to express my happiness. We would have transitioned from the final years of the NBA's elite... to the prime years of one of the NBA's elite.
smokin.gif

You call yourself a Laker fan. the team would dissolve if we landed Lebron

I've always gotten a kick out of that. 'You call yourself a Laker fan.'

When Kobe's gone and you're wondering what the hell to do with all your Kobe gear and who your new team is going to be, I'll still be repping the only NBA team I've ever repped.

Yes, I call myself a Lakers fan. Apparently you're an L.A. Kobes fan.

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

I FR3SH I:
smokin.gif
You call yourself a Laker fan. the team would dissolve if we landed Lebron

laugh.gif
Who are you dude? Quit sifting through posts trying to pick an e-battle. If the Lakers got rid of Kobe for Lebron the team would by no means dissolve.  It might be sad to see Kobe leave L.A., but it's only nostalgia at that point, because if the Lakers got Lebron they would be no worse. Probably and most likely better.

I've always gotten a kick out of that. 'You call yourself a Laker fan.'

When Kobe's gone and you're wondering what the hell to do with all your Kobe gear and who your new team is going to be, I'll still be repping the only NBA team I've ever repped.

Yes, I call myself a Lakers fan. Apparently you're an L.A. Kobes fan.
Yea, i don't get this either. Kobe will be on a golf course with a salt and pepper goatee when Lebron's still getting MVP awards. And I'd bet a significant amount that Lebron will win at least one championship in his career. I'd cross rivalry boundaries for rings.

Seriously? I'd trade Kobe for LeBron in a heart beat.

smh @ the communists in here saying he should have taken a pay cut.

Lakers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe

What do I care about Kobe's pay? All I care about is his ability to help the Lakers get wins.

I understand that he's the last guy that should have to take a pay cut because Walton and Sasha are (over) paid, but it has to come from somewhere.

Regarding KG's paycut, he had won all of zero rings at that point. He had to take that paycut.

Duncan takes a paycut because he's in a small market.

Still, there's no way he's worth half that $30M in four years.

It'd be nice to measure how much money Kobe has made the Lakers and the NBA.

NBA superstars don't take pay cuts.

Props to Kobe for getting that money.

If he can bring another title to LA then it's money well spent
pimp.gif

I see that gif saddens some of you, well don't be...

500x_chat-python-chicken.jpg

It's a win/win for the snake...

(Yes, that line is totally stolen, but still
laugh.gif
)

The only reason i would trade kobe for lebron is by moving towards the youth movement.

Kobe just fits the team better imo.

But hell, 90 FREAKING MILLION DOLLARS? Give me 1 and ill be set for life
smh.gif
laugh.gif

His contract will expire the same time Gasol's, Odom's and Artest's will, right?

Sounds like forward thinking by the Lakers. No one will know what the free agent market will look like at that point in time, gives us a clean slate to sling up some new stars.

this somehow reminded me of the overpriced stimulus package for MW2

but nevertheless, glad Kobe will be here for another few years

Back
Top Bottom