Kobe Bryant Signs Max Contract Extension With The Lakers

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

Can LBJ sign a higher contract?
No. NBA contracts are slated based on years of service.

And as far as this extension is concerned, the latter portion of Kobe's contract will look very similar to what Jordan was making during the Bulls second three peat. Somwhere between 32-33 million.

Ridiculous.  
you're kidding yourself if kobe's salary will be over 30mil..

we all know contract is not salary. lol 
Kobe Bryant to Become NBA's Second Ever $30-Million Player

With his shiny new extension, Kobe Bryant has joined elite financial company. With the maximum value three-year contract extension Bryant signed with the Lakers Friday,Kobe is slated to earn a cool $31.5 million in the 2013-14 season. Theonly other player to earn at least $30 million in NBA salary in asingle season is Michael Jordan,who did it twice, in 1997 and 1998, his final seasons as a ChicagoBull. In 1997, Jordan made $30.1 million. In 1998, he earned $33.1million.

[color= rgb(102, 0, 102)]Bryant is scheduled to earn $26 million in 2011-12, $28.7 million in 2012-13 and $31.5 million in 2013-2014. [/color]

For his career, Bryant has already eclipsed Jordan's total NBA salary.Those two $30-million seasons were Jordan's only campaigns in which hewas paid an NBA salary greater than $4 million. Bryant made $9 millionas a 21-year-old in his fourth NBA season. Including this season, Kobehas earned more than $170 million in NBA salary. Once the newly inkedextension ends, Bryant will have been paid $280 million by the Lakers.

The extension also settles a score of sorts for Kobe. To date, former teammate and rival Shaquille O'Nealhad been No. 2 on the NBA's all-time list for highest salary in asingle season, behind Jordan. Shaq earned $27.7 million in 2004-05.That was the final season of a contract the Lakers signed O'Neal to in1996. Bryant has two seasons on this extension over Shaq's peak salary.

These figures and this unofficial contest remain inexact, as 8-9percent of player salary is currently held in escrow due tostipulations of the current collective bargaining agreement. Lastseason, because player salary exceeded a certain percentage of leaguerevenue, players did not get those escrow funds back. They will not seethat money this season, either.

There's also the specter of a new collective bargaining agreementbeginning in 2011, with owners having threatened to adjust signedcontract downward. It remains unclear as to whether that will passlegal muster, or whether owners will even attempt it. There could alsobe a lock-out in 2011, and in the 1998 lock-out which cost the league32 games, players were not paid during their time off.

^lol what are you trying to say... let's try to look at the value...

a bag of cheetos right now cost about 2 bucks...it prolly was 50 cents during MJ era..

do the math.

man i'm out

oh my goodness!...
eek.gif
smh.gif
sick.gif

Congratulations to Mr.Bryant. He has worked very hard over his career and has earned a lot of money, and his hard work put in from when he first started hooping has brought him to this moment in his career. Congratulations.

a bag of cheetos right now cost about 2 bucks...it prolly was 50 cents during MJ era..

do the math.

man i'm out
why are you mad? did kobe smash your mom?

do the math.

man i'm out

Seriously, did Kobe deny you an autograph or something?  You sound as salty as the cheetos that you are referring to.

90 Mil..whoa

That plus Nike money, Nubeo money, video game money, and whatever other endorsements he has going..

HANNSUM:

do the math.

man i'm out
"Kobe's contract won't be above $30mil."

*sees that the final year of Kobe's contract will be above $30mil.*

"Inflation, man. I'm saying, it's not really above $30mil."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I remember MJ signing a similar contract around the same time in his career.

smh @ the communists in here saying he should have taken a pay cut.

Good for Kobe and the Lakers. I don't think he will retire in 3 years though. I think he could play until age 37-40 if he really wanted to. Like MJ, Kobe will adjust his game as he gets older.

and I'm sorry to bring Lebron into this but, Bron should take note from Kobe on this one. If I was a Cavs fan I would be pissed off at Bron for playing these games. He should sign a similar 3-year deal and if he can't win a championship in that window of time he should leave and I think people will understand.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Ninety

MILLION

Dollars

laugh.gif

One million dollars... ninety times.

eek.gif

Ninety thousand stacks of $100,000

I'm doing life way wrong.
frown.gif

9 billion would be cool right now.

^lol@ ur avy..pervert status? time to grow up...what would alba say to u lmao

indifferent.gif
.  Another person to add to the illustrious list of people ignored.

And that Mamba gif took foreeeeevvvvverrrrrrrrr to pay of.....but it was worth it.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

An athlete who deserves every penny he gets. The hardest working man in athletics.

I don't care if the Lakers win another title, Kobester made 4 parades happen. His services have been immeasurable. Dr. Buss gave him the choose-your-own-price tag gun.
chill...

Originally Posted by vanexellent

No media cares about this...

It's all about The LBJ 2010.

The campaign is SERIOUS.

not as SERIOUS as Prettyplaya's trolling...

seriously. who names themself prettyplaya and then handsome? he must be part of young cheezy's circle of friends....

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Pay cut? For one of the best players in the world? Don't think so.
Garnett took a decent pay cut when he was at the top of his game in 07 right before he was traded here to help the team have future flexibility.

This particular deal reminds me of the Shaq extension, to be honest.

They're going to be in the mid 80 million dollar range with 6 players under contract: Bynum, Kobe, Odom, Artest, Gasol, and Walton. That's a damn good 5/6, but we're gonna see players worse/on the level of Farmar, Shannon, Morrison, and Fish.

nothing is worse then what we have now on the bench........... NOTHING...

d leaguers are better than our bench...and they can be had for cheap

Originally Posted by Kookcle

Good

Id be very mad if I was Lamar Odom

First Pau now Kobe....all  he wanted was  5 years $45mill
laugh.gif
LO is the only player playing like they deserve their contract too...Gasoft, bynum, artest
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom