Kevin Samuels Dead at 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fashion is cyclical obviously it existed before everything existed before.
I'm talking about something being trendy and fashionable.
people still wear chelsea boots now, it's just no longer trendy.

you are absolutely fooling yourself if you think Kanye and the Kardashians didn't have a hand in making it so trendy ubiquitous in 2013-2018. :lol:

1653786518179.png

1653786582194.png

there's a GQ article where the writer describes kanye wearing chelsea boots as one of the reasons he got into fashion. :lol:

Scott Disick was absolutely an incredibly influential style guide for a lot of dudes at that time,
and chelsea boots, were a big part of the look.

I think you just have to be exposed to that culture. Chelsea boots and fitted jeans is not new at all. It's always been a thing.

I think you just have to be exposed to that culture. Chelsea boots and fitted jeans is not new at all. It's always been a thing.

well yah obviously.

everything has always been a thing.
the oversized look that's popular now, is that a new thing? no,

is wearing wide brim hats that was hip in 2013 a new thing? no it's like the oldest fashion trend.

something being trendy is always taking a thing that exists and recontextualizing it. that's how fashion works.
and the premiere fashion magazine in america is telling you the same thing.

the specific jean chealsea boot trend that was popping in the 2013-2018
Kanye and Scott dissick were key influencers.

im not making it up. :lol:

well yah obviously.

everything has always been a thing.
the oversized look that's popular now, is that a new thing? no,

is wearing wide brim hats that was hip in 2013 a new thing? no it's like the oldest fashion trend.

something being trendy is always taking a thing that exists and recontextualizing it. that's how fashion works.
and the premiere fashion magazine in america is telling you the same thing.

the specific jean chealsea boot trend that was popping in the 2013-2018
Kanye and Scott dissick were key influencers.

im not making it up. :lol:

That's like saying Tims went away. Chelsea boots never went anywhere. :rofl:

Some people's exposure to chelsea boots is this dead guy and Kanye but it doesn't mean it hasn't always been a thing.

Chelsea boots are what square toe dress shoes were for the “grown and sexy” look in the 2000s :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dudes automatically threw on them ugly *** square toe Stacy Adams or flea market joints whenever clubs had strict dress codes.

Same as Chelsea boots. Clubs have a strict dress code? Throw the Chelsea’s on :lol: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: I’ve always been a fan of Chelsea/chukkas though

Last edited:

Didnt watch, just the read the screen cap. Def agree tho. If someone always comes back to money (how much they make, how much they have etc) its a defence mechanism to cover other things. Not much else going on for them.

Chelsea boots are what square toe dress shoes were for the “grown and sexy” look in the 2000s :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dudes automatically threw on them ugly *** square toe Stacy Adams or flea market joints whenever clubs had strict dress codes.

Same as Chelsea boots. Clubs have a strict dress code? Throw the Chelsea’s on :lol: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: I’ve always like Chelsea/chukkas

It's same reason Jay got away with that I don't wear jerseys I'm 30 plus line. Clubs/bars starting hating on jerseys and plain t shirts so folks pulled out the baggy button ups/polo shirts

I thought I was doing something back then when I switched to the yeezy 750 as a Chelsea boot replacement. Couldn’t tell me nothing 😂

I still wear the 750s but I ditched the rest of the try hard look like 3 years into my relationship

I am conflicted on this topic. As a HIGH VALUE CONSERVATIVE MAN I have seen many conservatives wear Chelsea boots but I've also seen many conservatives wear shoes with laces. I think we need to look at what our founding WHITE fathers wore and that's what I want to wear.

alexander-hamilton-3290-costume-for-men.jpg

Same as Chelsea boots. Clubs have a strict dress code? Throw the Chelsea’s on :lol: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: I’ve always been a fan of Chelsea/chukkas though

Chelsea boots are versatile. They can be worn with a suit or jeans.

it sounds good & has some surface logic to it, there are definitely people who don’t have much to offer beyond some superficiality…folk should definitely appreciate their ‘intrinsic value’ lest they be taken advantage of or not ever be fully realized but the reality is others aren’t likely to and dont’ have to put worth to someone’s idea of self worth. or better put specifically when it comes to relationships, people won’t place an intrinsic value over what they actually value…

i think this is kinda a ‘modern’ man mentality, i should think men of past eras knew they had to be something in order to be valued by others…no one should necessarily care what a man thinks of himself (tho ambition & confidence or lack thereof can/will often be used as a way to gauge a person) if he doesn’t bring some actual value! fact is women (really in every type of relationship, save for maybe parent-child, the question is what value is being offered that the other party actually wants or has importance for them) are going to want a man to bring something to the proverbial table for consideration (and it isn’t necessarily (just) money)…especially today in the usa/industrialized nations, only women get the privilege of really thinking they have ‘intrinsic’ value, but a man has to become something in the world

this relates back to rise of women & seeming decline in the idea of manhood/masculinity/men…if the average guy is seen as lacking/toxic/trash and women are steadily increasing their prospects through increased opportunities in education, the workplace, and life generally (even if just a perception & not in actuality), thus their own ‘intrinsic’ valuation of self increasing, where does that leave relationships for most men & women?

Mans had a mental breakdown, where he need extensive therapy, and he and his daughter got a mad when folk posted "What's wrong, just clean your room" :lol:

Just wanted to address this (don’t take it is a vote for his ideology. I only know his name because it’s brought up from a clinical stand point to understand the Injury)
He had a brain injury as a result of the medication (benzodiazepines) he was taking. I know because I am suffering from the same injury. To make fun of him in that moment would be no different then clowning someone after they had a stroke. The media presented it is a “withdrawal” when that is not the case. There are people who have been on the medication for less then 30 days, taken as prescribed, and 36 months later are still in vegetable states. I’ve almost lost my arm in an ATV accident, suffered 3rd degree burns to my face and neck, and a host of other painful experiences that would break the average person. Undoubtedly this is the most difficult thing I have experienced in my life. To give an idea of what it feels like: Imagine the worst hang over you’ve ever had in your life lasting non stop for 16 months. I sincerely wish I was exaggerating but in reality I am probably understating for the sake of brevity.

I highly encourage anyone who knows anyone that has a family member who is using benzodiazepines in any manner, to stop immediately. It is a ticking time bomb that will destroy the nervous system from inside out. Most doctors have no idea what they are dealing with and usually just up the dose or add on additional medication.

I share the Below photo just to show the lengths that some people have been suffering, 2years, 33months, 3 years, 6 months etc. It is not uncommon to see people 36 months out steal dealing with the symptoms from the brain injury. Please excuse the long rant. Just wanted to bring some clarity on a very serious medical issue that few are not aware of.

34F726A3-743A-4520-ADE7-15CC27152294.png

Just wanted to address this (don’t take it is a vote for his ideology. I only know his name because it’s brought up from a clinical stand point to understand the Injury)
He had a brain injury as a result of the medication (benzodiazepines) he was taking. I know because I am suffering from the same injury. To make fun of him in that moment would be no different then clowning someone after they had a stroke. The media presented it is a “withdrawal” when that is not the case. There are people who have been on the medication for less then 30 days, taken as prescribed, and 36 months later are still in vegetable states. I’ve almost lost my arm in an ATV accident, suffered 3rd degree burns to my face and neck, and a host of other painful experiences that would break the average person. Undoubtedly this is the most difficult thing I have experienced in my life. To give an idea of what it feels like: Imagine the worst hang over you’ve ever had in your life lasting non stop for 16 months. I sincerely wish I was exaggerating but in reality I am probably understating for the sake of brevity.

I highly encourage anyone who knows anyone that has a family member who is using benzodiazepines in any manner, to stop immediately. It is a ticking time bomb that will destroy the nervous system from inside out. Most doctors have no idea what they are dealing with and usually just up the dose or add on additional medication.

I share the Below photo just to show the lengths that some people have been suffering, 2years, 33months, 3 years, 6 months etc. It is not uncommon to see people 36 months out steal dealing with the symptoms from the brain injury. Please excuse the long rant. Just wanted to bring some clarity on a very serious medical issue that few are not aware of.

34F726A3-743A-4520-ADE7-15CC27152294.png

Depending on how long you've been using benzos you probably shouldn't "stop immediately". I'd consult a doctor first before stopping. It's one of the few drugs like alcohol and barbiturates where withdrawals are fatal.

Depending on how long you've been using benzos you probably shouldn't "stop immediately". I'd consult a doctor first before stopping. It's one of the few drugs like alcohol and barbiturates where withdrawals are fatal.
Agreed. I’m 22 months out. Thankfully things have improved but I’m still not 100%. It’s still hard for me to wrap my mind around something lasting This long.
If I remember correctly Jordan Peterson cold turkey’ed which is what led to his hospitalization.
I’ve seen plenty of stories of people being locked up or thrown in detox which lead to deaths or seizures because of abrupt stoppages.

Agreed. I’m 22 months out. Thankfully things have improved but I’m still not 100%. It’s still hard for me to wrap my mind around something lasting This long.
If I remember correctly Jordan Peterson cold turkey’ed which is what led to his hospitalization.
I’ve seen plenty of stories of people being locked up or thrown in detox which lead to deaths or seizures because of abrupt stoppages.

Yea that stuff screws up your brain chemistry. It can take months to years for those GABA receptors to come back to baseline.

Yea that stuff screws up your brain chemistry. It can take months to years to come back to baseline.
Anything and everything that the central nervous system and GABA affects, which is everything.
I stopped cold turkey because I had no idea what I was dealing with and did so a few times before with no issues. Unfortunately this time was different. I had a stretch where I didn’t sleep a second for 10 days straight. After the 4th day or so I wanted to die just so I could sleep.

Damn bro take care of yourself. It will pass. This is the reason I have such a fear of all mind altering substances. I've gotten dental procedures were I refused opiates. I've taken percocet once and all it did was make me loopy and I was seeing colors but the pain was still there. I hope I never have major surgery. :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom