Kevin Samuels Dead at 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously I don’t know lolo so I could be completely wrong but I follow her on social media and she puts out a lot of content. I get a really immature/little sister vibe from her. Like immature in the sense that I don’t think shes had enough practice in adult social/romantic settings. I don’t get the “modern woman” vibe from her though. I just think the kind of dudes that could vibe on her wave length are going to be too intimidated approach her.

“Intimidated”?? Ain’t no dude intimidated of Lolo Jones with her bony body that resembles an ironing board or any chick for that matter. Lolo Jones is basically a regular female that’s somewhat known……nothing special about her.

“Intimidated”?? Ain’t no dude intimidated of Lolo Jones with her bony body that resembles an ironing board or any chick for that matter. Lolo Jones is basically a regular female that’s somewhat known……nothing special about her.

i didnt say theyd be intimidated by here appearance. intimidated by the fact that shes a public figure, olympian, etc. the kind of dudes that would go for a girl thats described the way i described her in my post is more than likely introverted

her circumstance, altho somewhat specific with her chastity & religiosity being literal barriers/filters, is indicative of the larger conflict both men & women today are having with balancing modernity & traditional values, where people are picking whatever role is convenient in the moment or suits a particular goal…everything seems negotiable

i think men just ultimately are forced to confront reality, maybe partly because men get the advantage of pursuit and that they will have to compromise on some level, sooner than women; especially today where women are being told they should have the successful career, the ***** phase, the dutiful attractive successful & faithful man, delay children (if even a serious consideration in their youth), in other words they should be completely fulfilled and none of these choices are of any real consequence

i don’t know if women really believe or have the expectation(s) that they will get all things in life but i am of the mind that such messaging does have an impact on the choices they eventually do make & ultimately their ‘happiness’ with said choices

Last edited:
My wife works with this hot 40 year old lady who is a virgin because she's religious. Something doesn't add up. She drives a really nice car and is successful. I wanted to be like hook me up with them digits. :lol: I am so down with polygamy.

tbh that's another thing I think that KS was 100% right about.

if you are actually religious and are waiting for marriage
you should be actively working with your church, or family to find a partner.

otherwise the religious thing is likely just an excuse to avoid self reflection.

if a man said he was a virgin at 40 because of religion
no one would think that was cute or believable. :lol:

most woman would rightly assume there is some deeper trauma or personality flaw at work

i didnt say theyd be intimidated by here appearance. intimidated by the fact that shes a public figure, olympian, etc. the kind of dudes that would go for a girl thats described the way i described her in my post is more than likely introverted

introverted or nah, i’d argue that intimidated is probably the wrong word…i would think for one, if most men could choose between someone who was something of a celebrity or someone low key everything else being more or less equal, they’d prefer the low key option.

then there is being available, chasing a highly competitive/selective/specialized thing, track & field, wherein they basically train year round for a few meets and where most don’t make much money, which means she’s probably ambitious, disciplined, & would necessitate giving serious priority to her sport. doesn’t make finding a mate impossible but being so driven would likely add difficulty for a woman to get with someone not in/of that world & understanding it

it’s speculation, but i’d bet there were a bunch of different types of dudes willing to accept her as she was when she was younger, chastity belt and all…and for whatever reason it never worked out. i don’t think women who share her similar values are cognizant of the degree of difficulty they are adding to their mate selection…if they want a certain type of man, in the modern dating context, they will have to find him and not the other way around; which is part of why i believe kevin samuels content blew up when he started talking to women…it exposed/revealed the women who were looking for a specific kind of man, and altho they may have had some experience with/exposure to these men in their lives, they really don’t know anything about these men or how to find & approach them.

tbh that's another thing I think that KS was 100% right about.

if you are actually religious and are waiting for marriage
you should be actively working with your church, or family to find a partner.

otherwise the religious thing is likely just an excuse to avoid self reflection.

if a man said he was a virgin at 40 because of religion
no one would think that was cute or believable. :lol:

most woman would rightly assume there is some deeper trauma or personality flaw at work

it’s the other side of the sexual double standard, just as promiscuity is viewed differently so is chasteness…it isn’t necessarily that they are/need be deeper issues but both sexes will make some presumption, right or wrong, based on it

introverted or nah, i’d argue that intimidated is probably the wrong word…i would think for one, if most men could choose between someone who was something of a celebrity or someone low key everything else being more or less equal, they’d prefer the low key option.

then there is being available, chasing a highly competitive/selective/specialized thing, track & field, wherein they basically train year round for a few meets and where most don’t make much money, which means she’s probably ambitious, disciplined, & would necessitate giving serious priority to her sport. doesn’t make finding a mate impossible but being so driven would likely add difficulty for a woman to get with someone not in/of that world & understanding it

it’s speculation, but i’d bet there were a bunch of different types of dudes willing to accept her as she was when she was younger, chastity belt and all…and for whatever reason it never worked out. i don’t think women who share her similar values are cognizant of the degree of difficulty they are adding to their mate selection…if they want a certain type of man, in the modern dating context, they will have to find him and not the other way around; which is part of why i believe kevin samuels content blew up when he started talking to women…it exposed/revealed the women who were looking for a specific kind of man, and altho they may have had some experience with/exposure to these men in their lives, they really don’t know anything about these men or how to find & approach them.

It’s funny I cause I actually know a girl in a similar type of position. Without blowing up her spot she comes from a family of athletes. She’s got a brother in the NFL, 2 brothers that are NFL hopefuls. She was a pretty stellar track athlete as well and she absolutely struggled to get men to take her seriously long term. One of my good friends tried dating her for awhile and he said that they could never really get that romantic spark. I think I see lot of her in lolo and I just can’t shake that innocent little sister vibe that she gives off. I think for alot of guys that are dominant that would be a turn off. At least is to me. Her status as a public figure is definitely something that would push some away, if there wasn’t more to it than that she’d probably just be with another athlete with a similar public standing.

For whatever reason she just screams “I want to be with a regular, normal, kinda corny guy” and those kinda guys I feel like probably wouldn’t even attempt to because she’s got a blue check mark and she doesn’t put herself in a position to meet “normal” people for various reasons. But that’s just me pulling this out of the air. For all I know she could be stereotypical modern woman with unrealistic standards. But when the whole story came out about her having to cut another guy off because he wasn’t taking her seriously I was like “that’s not surprising at all” 😂

The simplest answer:

Friendship is for Companionship.

Dating is for Mating.

Courtship is for Marriage.

She chose her path long ago so there's no need to complain about it now.

Her prime courtship years were spent pursuing / prioritizing other interests.

There's no reason to believe the man she's interested in would be interested in courting a 40 year old woman (let alone a virgin), and that's not God's fault.

Men are not biologically engineered to function that way no matter what culture / society wants you to believe.

Modern keys don't work on traditional locks.

Obviously I don’t know lolo so I could be completely wrong but I follow her on social media and she puts out a lot of content. I get a really immature/little sister vibe from her. Like immature in the sense that I don’t think shes had enough practice in adult social/romantic settings. I don’t get the “modern woman” vibe from her though. I just think the kind of dudes that could vibe on her wave length are going to be too intimidated approach her.

Any man that’s intimidated by a woman is insecure and a certified scaredy cat. NO WOMAN should ever make you feel intimidated…..

That’s something that should never even fester in your mind

Generally speaking nobody knows who the hell Lolo Jones is. She can be in Times Square or at her Family Reunion cookout and folks would walk by her like it’s nothing. Brothas ain’t checking for Lolo Jones. How are you going to be “intimidated” by something or somebody that doesn’t exist.

Generally speaking nobody knows who the hell Lolo Jones is. She can be in Times Square or at her Family Reunion cookout and folks would walk by her like it’s nothing. Brothas ain’t checking for Lolo Jones. How are you going to be “intimidated” by something or somebody that doesn’t exist.

The whole premise of my comment is that I get the vibe she’s into corny introverted type of dudes. You think it’s strange that men like that wouldnt approach a woman? Let alone NCAA gold medalist and olympian? You think those are the type of guys that cold approach women whether they’re famous or not? We live in a world we here ~60% of non married men aren’t even having sex. Men in general aren’t even approaching women let alone going on first and second dates.

If She’s actually the way she comes off to me, and those are the kinds of dudes that she would be into/would be into her, it’s not even remotely surprising to me that she’s having trouble finding a relationship.

I remember when Lolo Jones came onto the track and field scene back in 2008 at the Beijing olympics. She was getting a LOT of attention back then as the newest young person on the scene. The subject about her virginity came up back then as well. I remember not thinking much of it at the time, but I didn't think she'd be here damn near 15 years later at almost 40 years old complaining that she can't find a man willing to wait for her. I have no issue with her being a virgin at her age, but her wanting a husband and her own kids ........... that dream is out of reach. And i hate to say it, because she seems like a decent woman.

I remember when Lolo Jones came onto the track and field scene back in 2008 at the Beijing olympics. She was getting a LOT of attention back then as the newest young person on the scene. The subject about her virginity came up back then as well. I remember not thinking much of it at the time, but I didn't think she'd be here damn near 15 years later at almost 40 years old complaining that she can't find a man willing to wait for her. I have no issue with her being a virgin at her age, but her wanting a husband and her own kids ........... that dream is out of reach. And i hate to say it, because she seems like a decent woman.

Definitely a case of putting her career first in my opinion

Definitely a case of putting her career first in my opinion

She could have easily found a (modern) man that would be A-OK with this.

The problem for her is the man she wants wouldn't.

Might be time for her to take a page out of her own book...

81jO92OcXDL.jpg

This was 2 years ago. If you watch the first couple of minutes, she seems.............socially awkward. Self awareness seems lost upon her.

This was 2 years ago. If you watch the first couple of minutes, she seems.............socially awkward. Self awareness seems lost upon her.

She sounds like a teenager. This is what I mean by little sister vibes lol I’m not even talking about the religious aspect. She just doesn’t sound like someone who has any experience behind her words.

All that religious stuff she ingested seems to have really sabotaged her relationship prospects. Not only with the sex stuff, just generally she seems a bit detached from the realities of dating.

Like if she wants a man to accept her being a virgin an waiting until marriage, cool. But seems also unwilling to compromise in any other area. Not only that, she is making extra demands on top of that.

I don't even think looking for a dude at church will help her. She really sounds like some of my high school friends before they got their first serious boyfriend.

Not only the religious stuff she seems to be trap in some sunk cost fallacy thinking. Like she has done things a certain way for so long that she won't give up now because she needs her strategy to pay off.

Kinda feel bad for her.

Not only the religious stuff she seems to be trap in some sunk cost fallacy thinking. Like she has done things a certain way for so long that she won't give up now because she needs her strategy to pay off.

Yep and all of it seems to come from not wanting to end up like her mom. Religion is just a nice way to package those issues.

She has baggage from not having premarital sex or cohabitating and points fingers at the guy or pulls the god card when things don't go the way she wants.

All that religious stuff she ingested seems to have really sabotaged her relationship prospects. Not only with the sex stuff, just generally she seems a bit detached from the realities of dating.

Like if she wants a man to accept her being a virgin an waiting until marriage, cool. But seems also unwilling to compromise in any other area. Not only that, she is making extra demands on top of that.

I don't even think looking for a dude at church will help her. She really sounds like some of my high school friends before they got their first serious boyfriend.

Kinda feel bad for her.

Even In that video she says if someone DMs her she won’t respond because the she’s gotta train for the olympic trials in 6 Months 😂 that’s half a year gone And hasn’t even talked to someone new. Not a winning strategy for what she’s looking fot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom