Kareem Abdul-Jabbar checks Scottie Pippen

laugh.gif
 Kareem has been on a roll.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

I am very surprised that Kareem is such a vocal extrovert, though. I would've always imagined him as being a classy quiet guy, not giving a damn about what others thought about him, quietly letting his many accomplishments speak for themselves.

This is nothing new from Kareem this is his history, he's done it about coaching & being involved in the Lakers/NBA as a whole to the level that Magic, Jerry West, Bird & other more personable legends have been in the past.  Whenever he's not happy he runs to the media & voices his extreme displeasure & "Woe Is Me's" .  For as great as he was, as much as he's accomplished his attitude rubs people the wrong way, for as great as he was it was Magic's team, he put them back on the map & he did things the league still has yet to see, not to mention people STILL LOVE HIM.  Of Course He Was Celebrated/Honored Before KAJ.  Played 20 ###$#++ years with an unstoppable shot you should damn well be the all time leading scorer.  Like others have said Buss give him his damn statue so he can shut the hell up again.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

I am very surprised that Kareem is such a vocal extrovert, though. I would've always imagined him as being a classy quiet guy, not giving a damn about what others thought about him, quietly letting his many accomplishments speak for themselves.

This is nothing new from Kareem this is his history, he's done it about coaching & being involved in the Lakers/NBA as a whole to the level that Magic, Jerry West, Bird & other more personable legends have been in the past.  Whenever he's not happy he runs to the media & voices his extreme displeasure & "Woe Is Me's" .  For as great as he was, as much as he's accomplished his attitude rubs people the wrong way, for as great as he was it was Magic's team, he put them back on the map & he did things the league still has yet to see, not to mention people STILL LOVE HIM.  Of Course He Was Celebrated/Honored Before KAJ.  Played 20 ###$#++ years with an unstoppable shot you should damn well be the all time leading scorer.  Like others have said Buss give him his damn statue so he can shut the hell up again.
30t6p3b.gif

this dude is salty that no one mentions him when it comes to being the top player of all time

this dude is salty that no one mentions him when it comes to being the top player of all time

Kareem doesn't sound pissed off nor salty IMO. He offered "affectionate" praise for Michael, but tried to put the two things that MJ is most known for (scoring and championships) in perspective. If Pippen never saw Wilt or Russell play in their prime then yes he is speaking from limited perspective.

Kareem doesn't sound pissed off nor salty IMO. He offered "affectionate" praise for Michael, but tried to put the two things that MJ is most known for (scoring and championships) in perspective. If Pippen never saw Wilt or Russell play in their prime then yes he is speaking from limited perspective.

alot of people say kareen is a jerk and thinks hes better then everybody else but he does make a good argument and i love mj to me hes prolly the greatest as of now ill wait n see what lebron does, but inregards to wilt ive heard that he was way taller then everybody in the league which is why he was so dominat ne body ever see video of his games?

alot of people say kareen is a jerk and thinks hes better then everybody else but he does make a good argument and i love mj to me hes prolly the greatest as of now ill wait n see what lebron does, but inregards to wilt ive heard that he was way taller then everybody in the league which is why he was so dominat ne body ever see video of his games?

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Come on fam signing the letter "NBA All Time Leading Score" is being salty... 2nd of all "Who Did Wilt Play Against?!?!?!"  His only comp was Russell and by all accounts he used to son him. There were a lot of real big men back during his tenure, but when he came up against some he wasn't dominating like people make it out. He averaged 50 against a whole bunch of 6'8 while being an athletic freak of nature. Point being there was no competition on a nightly basis during Wilts tenure.  He was better off using himself  as a launch pad considering atleast he played against legit size during the 20yrs he played.  Furthermore his scoring record is more attributed to how long he actually played more than him one of the greatest scorers, if you do the math he averaged about 1933 pts per season the closest Chicago Mike scored to that was during his Rookie season and even then he scored 380 more points.

Dude has always been and remains to this day a disgruntle ex employee.

Come on fam signing the letter "NBA All Time Leading Score" is being salty... 2nd of all "Who Did Wilt Play Against?!?!?!"  His only comp was Russell and by all accounts he used to son him. There were a lot of real big men back during his tenure, but when he came up against some he wasn't dominating like people make it out. He averaged 50 against a whole bunch of 6'8 while being an athletic freak of nature. Point being there was no competition on a nightly basis during Wilts tenure.  He was better off using himself  as a launch pad considering atleast he played against legit size during the 20yrs he played.  Furthermore his scoring record is more attributed to how long he actually played more than him one of the greatest scorers, if you do the math he averaged about 1933 pts per season the closest Chicago Mike scored to that was during his Rookie season and even then he scored 380 more points.

Dude has always been and remains to this day a disgruntle ex employee.

It doesn't matter how cordial or affectionate he was in his letter. The fact that he even felt COMPELLED to write the letter to begin with is silly (and signing it as the "all-time leading scorer" is even moreso). It's kinda like you could say that Lebron was generally cordial and level-headed in his Decision special, but the fact that he even HAD that special to begin with is what makes it ridiculous.

Pippen was in an interview and was asked his opinion on Lebron and he gave it, unpopular or controversial as it may be. No one asked Kareem but for some reason felt he just had to write off a letter and butt into the conversation (a conversation no one really asked him to join).

I mean, none of this is really that big of a deal, but I guess I just thought Kareem would be better than that.

It doesn't matter how cordial or affectionate he was in his letter. The fact that he even felt COMPELLED to write the letter to begin with is silly (and signing it as the "all-time leading scorer" is even moreso). It's kinda like you could say that Lebron was generally cordial and level-headed in his Decision special, but the fact that he even HAD that special to begin with is what makes it ridiculous.

Pippen was in an interview and was asked his opinion on Lebron and he gave it, unpopular or controversial as it may be. No one asked Kareem but for some reason felt he just had to write off a letter and butt into the conversation (a conversation no one really asked him to join).

I mean, none of this is really that big of a deal, but I guess I just thought Kareem would be better than that.

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

Welcome to basketball. I can see this is your first day.

Back
Top Bottom