Kareem Abdul-Jabbar checks Scottie Pippen

Originally Posted by Greezee

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

This is so weak. Obviously, Wilt's stats, Kareem's Stats, and Bill's stats, achievements, etc. are inflated because of the competition that they went up against. Neither of them went up against the competition that Mike did, or Lebron for that matter. (Whom I believe is playing against the toughest competition of all time at the moment, that's an argument for another post though)
I'm just going to focus on Kareem stats. His stats are inflated? GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT BS! Kareem played with damn near all of the greats. He played against Mike/Bird/
McHale/Ewing/Isiah/Hakeem/Dominique/Malone/Stockton/Barkley/and countless others and sat them all down. Did you think before you posted? Maybe during the first half of  didn't have THAT much comp, but he played against tough competition. A lot of people say there wasn't that much comp during abc era because they weren't around to witness it. 25 years
from now future generations will be saying the same thing about the era now. You are blaming the Era for what a player has done and that is not fair.

Get out of here with this.
As the NBA has progressed the league has gotten more athletic. They may have been just as skilled/more skilled back in the day but they were not nearly as athletic (as a whole) as the league today. Athleticism is harder to compete against because it's not something that can be developed over a career.  

Kareem is still Kareem but his comp was without a doubt easier than the comp of today (overall). 

This is so weak. Obviously, Wilt's stats, Kareem's Stats, and Bill's stats, achievements, etc. are inflated because of the competition that they went up against. Neither of them went up against the competition that Mike did, or Lebron for that matter. (Whom I believe is playing against the toughest competition of all time at the moment, that's an argument for another post though)
I'm just going to focus on Kareem stats. His stats are inflated? GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT BS! Kareem played with damn near all of the greats. He played against Mike/Bird/
McHale/Ewing/Isiah/Hakeem/Dominique/Malone/Stockton/Barkley/and countless others and sat them all down. Did you think before you posted? Maybe during the first half of  didn't have THAT much comp, but he played against tough competition. A lot of people say there wasn't that much comp during abc era because they weren't around to witness it. 25 years
from now future generations will be saying the same thing about the era now. You are blaming the Era for what a player has done and that is not fair.

As the NBA has progressed the league has gotten more athletic. They may have been just as skilled/more skilled back in the day but they were not nearly as athletic (as a whole) as the league today. Athleticism is harder to compete against because it's not something that can be developed over a career.  

Kareem is still Kareem but his comp was without a doubt easier than the comp of today (overall). 

mj got more championships though 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Vsano

Originally Posted by luxurious24

2 different eras. Wilt was playn against no competition, really, lets jus stop all the comparisons

Put a Shaq, Ewing, Olajuwon, Duncan or Robinson, & Yao in that era. Certainly,  Wilt's stats won't be the same. But imagine putting MJ in that era.  He could have scored 100 too
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Vsano

Originally Posted by luxurious24

2 different eras. Wilt was playn against no competition, really, lets jus stop all the comparisons

Put a Shaq, Ewing, Olajuwon, Duncan or Robinson, & Yao in that era. Certainly,  Wilt's stats won't be the same. But imagine putting MJ in that era.  He could have scored 100 too
laugh.gif

I haven't read the whole thread so it's probably already been said, but I'm gonna paraphrase something Mike said in one of his books when comparing Wilt's era to his own:

"How many points a game would I have scored if John Stockton was guarding me every night?"

I haven't read the whole thread so it's probably already been said, but I'm gonna paraphrase something Mike said in one of his books when comparing Wilt's era to his own:

"How many points a game would I have scored if John Stockton was guarding me every night?"

You cannot tell me that 80's basketball 00's baskeball is that much different athleticly.
Plus posessions used has to factor into any equation.
I am not ever going to attempt to argue Wilt as the greatest, but the discussion still stands as
Magic
Jordan
Bird
Duncan IMO
KAJ
Until further notice.
Saying that Michaels scoring makes him the goat is about as creative as saying that coconut tree 1 is better than cocanut tree 2 cause coconut tree 1 produced 3 more coconuts. Not taking into account size or quality.
Your only as good as what your taught also.
Bill Russell cannot be as good as Kevin Garnett by virtue of Garnett having come along 30 years later, but his legacy is greater.
But one on one in both guys primes. KG destroy's Russell .

You cannot tell me that 80's basketball 00's baskeball is that much different athleticly.
Plus posessions used has to factor into any equation.
I am not ever going to attempt to argue Wilt as the greatest, but the discussion still stands as
Magic
Jordan
Bird
Duncan IMO
KAJ
Until further notice.
Saying that Michaels scoring makes him the goat is about as creative as saying that coconut tree 1 is better than cocanut tree 2 cause coconut tree 1 produced 3 more coconuts. Not taking into account size or quality.
Your only as good as what your taught also.
Bill Russell cannot be as good as Kevin Garnett by virtue of Garnett having come along 30 years later, but his legacy is greater.
But one on one in both guys primes. KG destroy's Russell .

wawaweewa wrote: As the NBA has progressed the league has gotten more athletic.
Lol. People love this argument. Sure, the athleticism level of the average NBA is higher, but with the growth of athleticism, there's been even more growth of rules telling players what they can't do. ESPECIALLY on defense. The average height of NBA players is smaller now than the 80's & 90's. You used to have bigger guys who were allowed to play physical defense. You can argue about skills and athleticism all you want, but the truth is, it doesn't take much of either to push a guy around with an armbar. To brush of a player's scoring stats compared to today's rules is laughable. Today if you touch a guy at all it's a foul, and if he misses the shot because he was fouled, it doesn't even count. It just shows how amazing it was for someone like MJ to put up 31.5 PPG numbers on 54% in a physical defense era where if you missed because you were fouled, it still counted as a missed shot. By today's rules, MJ's FG% would be in the 60's. Can you imagine this guy if you couldn't touch him like today's rules?

wawaweewa wrote: As the NBA has progressed the league has gotten more athletic.
Lol. People love this argument. Sure, the athleticism level of the average NBA is higher, but with the growth of athleticism, there's been even more growth of rules telling players what they can't do. ESPECIALLY on defense. The average height of NBA players is smaller now than the 80's & 90's. You used to have bigger guys who were allowed to play physical defense. You can argue about skills and athleticism all you want, but the truth is, it doesn't take much of either to push a guy around with an armbar. To brush of a player's scoring stats compared to today's rules is laughable. Today if you touch a guy at all it's a foul, and if he misses the shot because he was fouled, it doesn't even count. It just shows how amazing it was for someone like MJ to put up 31.5 PPG numbers on 54% in a physical defense era where if you missed because you were fouled, it still counted as a missed shot. By today's rules, MJ's FG% would be in the 60's. Can you imagine this guy if you couldn't touch him like today's rules?

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Be quiet.You're still blaming him for his era though. Close the door behind you.

Be quiet.You're still blaming him for his era though. Close the door behind you.

Not true from the center position, his era along with the 80's-mid 90's. was the greatest era as far as big men is concerned. Name 5 hall of fame(future hall of famers) in todays game from the center position. Hell name 5 great centers in todays nba. Matter fact there might not even be 5 true centers in todays nba.

Not true from the center position, his era along with the 80's-mid 90's. was the greatest era as far as big men is concerned. Name 5 hall of fame(future hall of famers) in todays game from the center position. Hell name 5 great centers in todays nba. Matter fact there might not even be 5 true centers in todays nba.

Originally Posted by heatpinoyboy

"NBA’s All-Time Leading Scorer"

roll.gif
pimp.gif

swaggg
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

EDIT: and yeah Kareem should not be put in that "weak era" argument. the centers that he went up with are EASILY better than the class of centers we have in the league right now. dude did it for 2 decades also

Originally Posted by heatpinoyboy

"NBA’s All-Time Leading Scorer"

roll.gif
pimp.gif

swaggg
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

EDIT: and yeah Kareem should not be put in that "weak era" argument. the centers that he went up with are EASILY better than the class of centers we have in the league right now. dude did it for 2 decades also

anyone who pulls that era crap is dumb and their sports knowledge or lack thereof deserved to be disregarded.

that "weak era" would take a number 2 after eating cereal and a few el pollo loco pollo bowls and some chicken and rice from the halal cart with extra hot sauce all over the current era

Back
Top Bottom