Just lied to a teacher for an exam..and now she wants proof. Vol. Death in family I need photoshop!

For all of you saying he does not need to submit proof - this isn't necessarily true. Here a professor may ask for proof especially if points are awarded for attendance (many of our classes have miss x days you drop a letter grade). She is well within her rights to verify that the student had a legitimate reason to miss lecture. If he can't provide that, tough *@@@. Hell most syllabi will even state that if you do not want to be penalized for missing a lecture, you need to have documentation to back up the absence.

For all of you saying he does not need to submit proof - this isn't necessarily true. Here a professor may ask for proof especially if points are awarded for attendance (many of our classes have miss x days you drop a letter grade). She is well within her rights to verify that the student had a legitimate reason to miss lecture. If he can't provide that, tough *@@@. Hell most syllabi will even state that if you do not want to be penalized for missing a lecture, you need to have documentation to back up the absence.

Sample email: Dear Professor $*##*,
attached is a picture of my boarding pass. I hope this will suffice. Where in the library would I retake the exam?

2d8ne5w.jpg

ChiefWiggum

Sample email: Dear Professor $*##*,
attached is a picture of my boarding pass. I hope this will suffice. Where in the library would I retake the exam?

2d8ne5w.jpg

ChiefWiggum

I'm on my phone right now and didn't read the whole thread but OP u don't have to fake a ticket per se. Have you ever ordered a ticket online? You can fake the printout. I could probably do it but I'd need to be paid lol.

I'm on my phone right now and didn't read the whole thread but OP u don't have to fake a ticket per se. Have you ever ordered a ticket online? You can fake the printout. I could probably do it but I'd need to be paid lol.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Given the circumstance prof is a %%!%% for even asking for proof. 
In college I told a professor the same thing only it was more of a stretch than a blatant lie. I told him a family member died, when in actuality it was a family friend. The prof emailed me back one of the classiest responses I have ever received, even offered to ask if I needed anything. Always looked up to him after that. The last thing on their mind should be suspecting foul play. Although, the logical conclusion is that a student from a prior year messed that excuse up for you 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Given the circumstance prof is a %%!%% for even asking for proof. 
In college I told a professor the same thing only it was more of a stretch than a blatant lie. I told him a family member died, when in actuality it was a family friend. The prof emailed me back one of the classiest responses I have ever received, even offered to ask if I needed anything. Always looked up to him after that. The last thing on their mind should be suspecting foul play. Although, the logical conclusion is that a student from a prior year messed that excuse up for you 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom