Just lied to a teacher for an exam..and now she wants proof. Vol. Death in family I need photoshop!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

is it even worth it? I shot her an email saying.."is my itinerary info good enough? I can send that, I will have to block out my card information though." I will block out the e-ticket number pretending it is card info.

is it even worth it? I shot her an email saying.."is my itinerary info good enough? I can send that, I will have to block out my card information though." I will block out the e-ticket number pretending it is card info.

My 11 yrs on NT and sorry to say but one of the dumbest mistakes I've read on here. Goodluck w ur situation

My 11 yrs on NT and sorry to say but one of the dumbest mistakes I've read on here. Goodluck w ur situation

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Nawth21

For all of you saying he does not need to submit proof - this isn't necessarily true. Here a professor may ask for proof especially if points are awarded for attendance (many of our classes have miss x days you drop a letter grade). She is well within her rights to verify that the student had a legitimate reason to miss lecture. If he can't provide that, tough *@@@. Hell most syllabi will even state that if you do not want to be penalized for missing a lecture, you need to have documentation to back up the absence.
Given the circumstance prof is a %%!%% for even asking for proof. 
In college I told a professor the same thing only it was more of a stretch than a blatant lie. I told him a family member died, when in actuality it was a family friend. The prof emailed me back one of the classiest responses I have ever received, even offered to ask if I needed anything. Always looked up to him after that. The last thing on their mind should be suspecting foul play. Although, the logical conclusion is that a student from a prior year messed that excuse up for you 
laugh.gif

What circumstances? The fact that he lied and now she's asking for proof that under normal circumstances would be easy to provide? She doesn't have to put much thought into the request or anything. Now if she were to scrutinize the evidence that might be a little different. Perhaps it's her practice to require proof for an excused absence, regardless of the excuse the student comes up with. Of course not all profs would ask this but you cant fault her for doing so. It's not unusual by any means.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Nawth21

For all of you saying he does not need to submit proof - this isn't necessarily true. Here a professor may ask for proof especially if points are awarded for attendance (many of our classes have miss x days you drop a letter grade). She is well within her rights to verify that the student had a legitimate reason to miss lecture. If he can't provide that, tough *@@@. Hell most syllabi will even state that if you do not want to be penalized for missing a lecture, you need to have documentation to back up the absence.
Given the circumstance prof is a %%!%% for even asking for proof. 
In college I told a professor the same thing only it was more of a stretch than a blatant lie. I told him a family member died, when in actuality it was a family friend. The prof emailed me back one of the classiest responses I have ever received, even offered to ask if I needed anything. Always looked up to him after that. The last thing on their mind should be suspecting foul play. Although, the logical conclusion is that a student from a prior year messed that excuse up for you 
laugh.gif

What circumstances? The fact that he lied and now she's asking for proof that under normal circumstances would be easy to provide? She doesn't have to put much thought into the request or anything. Now if she were to scrutinize the evidence that might be a little different. Perhaps it's her practice to require proof for an excused absence, regardless of the excuse the student comes up with. Of course not all profs would ask this but you cant fault her for doing so. It's not unusual by any means.

Yo.

It's going to be easier to just print out a confirmation email rather than a ticket. but make sure you look up the flight information for a flight that actually happened incase she goes snooping.

Yo.

It's going to be easier to just print out a confirmation email rather than a ticket. but make sure you look up the flight information for a flight that actually happened incase she goes snooping.

Back
Top Bottom