Just Graduated College and My Parents Don't Think I should Work.

This actually an excellent time to work and travel now that I think about it. You still do have to look for a job to pay for it, and travel often on your vacation time with your girl. Having no bills to come back to means you can go all out.

So wait, OP...you never really addressed this: what's the exact reasoning behind your parents wanting you to stay home? So far all I've gathered is something along the lines of "my parents want me to stay home because my parents want me to stay home."
My parents just want me to do chores around the house and live rent free until I find a job in my carer. I rather work somewhere temporarily than sit at home and clean all day.

Y'all saying start your own business, if you don't have a business sense it doesn't matter

OP doesn't seem to have that, no offense to OP

Starting a business is easy. I don't know what to sell.
You're right. Any idiot can start a business.  The real challenge is getting it off the ground.  Based off of your responses, I doubt you could do it.  Not trying to take jabs at you...just being real.

Last edited:
Basically my parents want me to help them keep the house in order. My dad asked me to paint the patio furniture. He said there's "plenty for you to do here (home) you don't need to work right now."

paint the patio furniture?  lol ur parents gonna have u carpet cleaning,tiling on the roof, plumbing and what not before u get ur own job.  

Man my rents woulda been like...

"when you get home from work, you need to paint the patio furniture"

mean.gif
 my gf hasn't called either. Life can get rough sometimes.

Don't see the problem with someone's parents not wanting their child to waste their time working at footlocker when they paid for his degree to produce otherwise.

Don't see the problem with someone's parents not wanting their child to waste their time working at footlocker when they paid for his degree to produce otherwise.

What are you talking about?

Most college grads don't get their degree than go apply at Footlocker

mean.gif
 my gf hasn't called either. Life can get rough sometimes.

Wait what did I miss?
Maybe she's waiting for me to call
How does this confusion exist if she's your girlfriend?

And the lazy grads that don't wanna leave home apply to retail.
Or if the lazy grads want a temporary job while searching for a permanent job in their career field. Maybe she isn't my gf anymore and I don't eem no it.

Confirmed troll thread.

Tyrone got your girl pinging his line instead.

Basically my parents want me to help them keep the house in order. My dad asked me to paint the patio furniture. He said there's "plenty for you to do here (home) you don't need to work right now."

Yup troll thread. So your parents basically paid and watched you work 16 hard years in school so you could take the education and become their personal maintenance man?

And your good with that?

Back
Top Bottom