Just Graduated College and My Parents Don't Think I should Work.

I'm not trolling; I'm really searching for jobs, but my parents want me to chill at home until I can find a job in my career field. 

I'm not trolling; I'm really searching for jobs, but my parents want me to chill at home until I can find a job in my career field. 

Stop explaining yourself when they don't get it. Your parents just don't want you picking up a minimum wage job in the meantime when they could help you out and that's understandable.

Let me tell you something bruh. As cliche as it sounds, in this job market you will never be lucky if you don't start looking now. I applied all year long this year when I graduated, and I finally got an offer 2 weeks after I got done with school.

A lot of my friends don't even have jobs, at least full-time ones, and they graduated way before I did. So if you think taking a break is a good idea... good luck trying to find a way out of that student loan debt and still living under your parents roof for a long, long time.

And one thing about my parents, after I told them I finally got a job, they still shrugged because they think its not good enough :smh:. Oh yeah, partly because my job actually has nothing to do with my major. It's just something I've decided to pursue halfway through college and now I'm lucky to have my foot in the door. Just do YOU, you are a grown man with the right to make every decision for yourself, because only you know where you want to go in life.

Last edited:
i srsly dont think OP is trolling prob felt a little embarrassed and used it as a cop out

theres a lot of legit advice itt

if its over my head shoot me :lol:

Last edited:
"you cut the grass and keep the dishes washed"

damn cuh do you still watch the disney channel too? :lol: You sound all of 15 right now. Man I graduated from college in May and had a job at Kohl's by June. Teaching full time by late August. Stayed with my folks for ONE YEAR exactly until I moved in my own spot. While I lived with my parents the only thing they provided for me (even when I had that **** job at Kohl's) was food.

I thank them to this day for all of that too. Made me grow some hair on my knuckles :lol: :pimp:

People only help people who are trying to help themselves
wink.gif

It's up to you I guess, but I would really start looking for a job while you have a lot of free time. There's no telling how long it will take you to find one, especially if you're specifically looking for a career you got your degree in. I waited a couple months after I graduated to start looking for a job (still had a part time job though..) and here I am two years later still looking for a job that somewhat relates to what I went to school for. Thankfully I found a decent full time job that pays the bills, but it was even hard to land that job there for a while.

Taking a break after school isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just be productive with your time! Search for new job opportunities daily, seek out good references, and get plenty of applications out there.

Last edited:
I think so; she invited me to meet her family last weekend. I didn't eem pay for the hotel room.
Like someone mentioned earlier, you and your gf have similar facial features. This pic is begging for a face swap but I don't want to get banned.

I got a job offer from enterprise; what do you guy think.
Theres an 80 page thread on here about people who cant find a job, and you just got offered one. You know what you gotta do man.

If anything just get the money to have it. Save it, buy more sneakers, da hemi, da M3, something. 

Last edited:
Why are you asking NT for guidance and informing us on what's going on between you and your girl.

that could be the worst advice they could give you man
even when you start looking it could take you a while so i'd get on it

Back
Top Bottom