Just Graduated College and My Parents Don't Think I should Work.

You should always be searching for a job if you're not working. I got lucky by getting a very good job within two months of graduating. Most of the people I knew that didn't have a job lined up before graduation were searching 4 months to a year+. It's not that easy to find a decent entry-level job with no experience.

live ur life how u want to live it bruh....as long as ur not hurting anyone or urself, just do you and listen to anyone in here....

Don't see the problem with someone's parents not wanting their child to waste their time working at footlocker when they paid for his degree to produce otherwise.

What are you talking about?

Most college grads don't get their degree than go apply at Footlocker

Did you miss the reason his parents want him home? They don't want him to work at a job unrelated to his career. Most college grads don't get a job related to their degree straight out of college, so what are you talking about?

Did you miss the reason his parents want him home? They don't want him to work at a job unrelated to his career. Most college grads don't get a job related to their degree straight out of college, so what are you talking about?

So why would he apply my to Footlocker? You aren't making no damn sense

They don't want him to work he's said it many times

So why would he apply my to Footlocker? You aren't making no damn sense

They don't want him to work he's said it many times
:lol: They want him to have a career not just a random miscellaneous job hence the footlocker example. Are you still having trouble comprehending?

My parents just want me to do chores around the house and live rent free until I find a job in my career.

I say if they're cool parents, (not trying to micro-manage your life for their own selfish ulterior motives), then by all means take your time.

That doesn't mean you don't kick the tires and look for an internship. In this job market experience trumps a degree unless you're from money and your parents have a major network for you (cronyism). If employers see to long of a gap between you finishing your degree and you getting work then they'll take a pass for someone who has a greater sense of urgency.

On the other hand, I can see why maybe your parents see how it's pointless to put yourself out there in a ****** job market. No matter who you are, or what you do, working hard will not get you the pay or position you deserve, especially being so young.

You can even get some certifications or continue your education in the meantime.

My girlfriend always tell me she loves me.
No man, you gotta work bruh. Part of being a man is being responsible for your life. If you mess up, its you who gotta fix it. May be hard to find a job, but at least do something. Boring as hell sitting at home

Last edited:
alotta peeps wish just to be QUALIFIED for a career. dont take right now for granted. 150-200 is not wassup. camron voice, how you gon get fresh.? lol

I stayed with my parents for one month after graduating. I wanted to kill myself during that month.
laugh.gif

I moved out ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom